Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: what the hell is this

Bike
    CX500
    Quote Originally Posted by tanken2 View Post
    bike= bi-cycle bi meaning two (wheels)

trike= tri-cycle tri meaning three (wheels)

quad = four (wheels)
    I realize it's technically a trike, but it's considered a motorbike for the purpose of registration and requires a motorbike licence.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...d6b36ea262cc1e

Read sales pitch and comments. This is a dealership saying this.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    I would have one to just to see the look on my local mechanics face when it's WoF time. Don't forget to check for "play" at the front.

Does it have a centre stand? Hydraulic lift?
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Dad's garage (That I'm allowed to touch)

old news, bad reviews

It's been around a while, the style is definitely taken from the yamaha maxi scooter range. It's not for the image conscious, it's about the tractability. I don't follow Bennetts YT channel, and looking at that video I won't bother subbing them. Motorcyclist did a far better review back in May (skipped forward to the review part of the video)

Bike
    2015, Ducati Streetfighter
    Blog Entries
    That's a good review. looks well planted on the road. Be interesting to see the uptake of this model. Good on Yamaha for trying something new, despite their last attempt not panning on on a commercial level (that touring model with center hub steering) .

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by AllanB View Post
    That's a good review. looks well planted on the road. Be interesting to see the uptake of this model. Good on Yamaha for trying something new, despite their last attempt not panning on on a commercial level (that touring model with center hub steering) .
    GTS?

I hope the Niked does sell. Who knows what could come from that tech.

The Tricity sells like hot cakes.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    2009 Husqvarna SM610ie
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    You do get that impression, he said "like" 4732 times.
    I can't stand chaseontwowheels. He whinges about the most insignificant stuff. If he can't sit flat footed on a bike, right off the bat it's a stinker.

Bike
    2008 ducati 848
    Quote Originally Posted by Fresh Oats View Post
    I realize it's technically a trike, but it's considered a motorbike for the purpose of registration and requires a motorbike licence.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/mot...d6b36ea262cc1e

Read sales pitch and comments. This is a dealership saying this.
    yep no problem with rego but it is like having auto transmissions for those that can't master a manual , engineers to the rescue

Bike
    a 400 and a 650 :-)
    yep no problem with rego but it is like having auto transmissions for those that can't master a manual , engineers to the rescue
    ... and what in your home has been "engineered" so your life is easier?

As for the Niken, two front wheels would, in my opinion, probably provide a more sure-footed stance on poor road surfaces and in adverse conditions.

Bike
    2016 Honda ST1300,86/87 XJ900F,
    Had a test ride on a Niken today. Only went in to get a filter for my Tracer but took up the offer of a test ride.
    I really didnt want to like this but it was really great to ride. Once you have negotiated your first few bends you forget about the two wheels up front, it is just the same experience as a 2 wheeler , It felt very planted on the road although I didnt push it as far as some people had in previous test rides looking at the wear on the footpegs !! I wont be trading my Tracer for one but really enjoyed it and it certainly turns heads when people see you coming .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190104_093133.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	245.6 KB 
ID:	340190  

Bike
    2008 ducati 848
    as I say engineering masterpiece superb handling from a forgiving front end but , having come through the rawness of the big Kawasaki triples you learn to read the road and what the bikes feedback is telling you . That connection of bike and rider being one is what motorcycling is , yep ground away the centrestand , flattened the centre exhaust and rode with little footpegs ground to 45 degrees from the tarmac. Yep had a couple of offs and a few full undies moments, but never broke a bone or was unable to ride away. I'm an oldie but you wont see me on a two wheeled armchair either, just not my thing. My non bike period consisted of a Mitzi Cordia , Mitzi GTO and 3 WRX STIs amongst Vans and other Necessary vehicles. (still have two turbos at he moment lol). They will sell Nikens , as that is what will appeal to some riders, But there have been costly mistakes from the big guys . Ducati's 999, fantastic powerful great handling but ugly , a bargain if you can stand looking at it. Suzukis Rotary, weighed a ton another ugly sister. BSA Aeriel 3 scooter $ 2M flop helped kill BSA. And the triumph Bandit , huge leap forward for the company ,but production issues killed it and another nail in the coffin. there were a lot of sales flops out there , cant remember them all .

Bike
    2008 ducati 848
    Quote Originally Posted by biggo View Post
    Had a test ride on a Niken today. Only went in to get a filter for my Tracer but took up the offer of a test ride.
    I really didnt want to like this but it was really great to ride. Once you have negotiated your first few bends you forget about the two wheels up front, it is just the same experience as a 2 wheeler , It felt very planted on the road although I didnt push it as far as some people had in previous test rides looking at the wear on the footpegs !! I wont be trading my Tracer for one but really enjoyed it and it certainly turns heads when people see you coming .
    good idea number plate on front , speed cameras will pick that up nicely.

Bike
    '08 Wee
    That seems to only be for the car registered scooters

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by rambaldi View Post
    That seems to only be for the car registered scooters
    Means it can be ridden by someone with just a car licence.

Also raises questions about whether such registered scooters should be allowed in bus lanes...

Bike
    2008 ducati 848
    how come one is car registered and not the other ?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Bike
    how come one is car registered and not the other ?
    It's explained in the review of the Niken in KiwiRider - scroll down for the 12-2018 Vol1 issue.

Thread Information