Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Who ruined kiwibiker?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by merv View Post
    Do any millennials actually ride motorcycles and come to this site?
    Millenials are up to about forty years old now, they long since ceased to be kids. The oldest among them start turning forty in 2020 which is only a couple of weeks away. The youngest will turn 20.

It would not seem unreasonable to assume there are KBers between twenty and forty years old.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    bike decoration, 02 1150Gs, 2015 Indian
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Millenials are up to about forty years old now, they long since ceased to be kids. The oldest among them start turning forty in 2020 which is only a couple of weeks away. The youngest will turn 20.

It would not seem unreasonable to assume there are KBers between twenty and forty years old.
    good point not sure what you call the ones born after 2000 but most of'm think they're entitled, while our kids are between 43 & 23 they were brought up old school
    Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. (John 15:13)

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post

Over half are still living at home with their perents.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Probably most of the people I know in meatspace who are on this site are millenials now I think about it. So young, but in their 30s now. Not sure what that means. I'm not getting older surely.

There was a great North and South cover with a scared millenial hiding under the covers in a living at home article. Heck my kids are gen Z but next is gen alpha.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by _Shrek_ View Post
    good point not sure what you call the ones born after 2000 but most of'm think they're entitled, while our kids are between 43 & 23 they were brought up old school
    Gen Z. Still at home with Mum and Dad.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Probably most of the people I know in meatspace who are on this site are millenials now I think about it. So young, but in their 30s now. Not sure what that means. I'm not getting older surely.

There was a great North and South cover with a scared millenial hiding under the covers in a living at home article. Heck my kids are gen Z but next is gen alpha.
    You are officially an old cunt., a very rare type of motorbicyclist.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    I prefer 'absolute'

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Jesus titty fucking christ, listen to you lot. Judging away as though you've mastered life and all that surrounds you.

There's so much irony I'm choking.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Meh. What would a member of generation X-box know?

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Wait. We're about the same age aren't we?

Bike
    2006 Honda XR250L
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Jesus titty fucking christ, listen to you lot. Judging away as though you've mastered life and all that surrounds you.

There's so much irony I'm choking.
    We've all clearly lost our way since you eased back on posting so many pearls of wisdom on here as you used to Drew.

Have you given up sidecar racing too because I was wondering who we should have been supporting otherwise at the Suzuki series?
    Cheers

Merv

Bike
    Yamaha XV250
    Blog Entries

Just poking my head in the door.

First visit back in 3 years. I went looking for my old ride stories,had to dive into the archives. Photobucket has locked all the images I used to post to the stories. , I recognize some names,
    Rode for 48 years, sold the last bike August 2016, and haven't ridden since. Still look at motorbikes when they go past, but I have never had the inclination to get on one again. I miss the roads, and mates i rode with but, grandkids, photography (bloody near as costly as motorcycling) take my time now.
    " Rule books are for the Guidance of the Wise, and the Obedience of Fools"

Bike
    '21 Ducati Multistrada 950S
    Just flying under the radar

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by awa355 View Post
    First visit back in 3 years. I went looking for my old ride stories,had to dive into the archives. Photobucket has locked all the images I used to post to the stories. , I recognize some names,
    Rode for 48 years, sold the last bike August 2016, and haven't ridden since. Still look at motorbikes when they go past, but I have never had the inclination to get on one again. I miss the roads, and mates i rode with but, grandkids, photography (bloody near as costly as motorcycling) take my time now.
    Yes, came here originally for the Racing Thread. Riding 55 yrs now, but in the last gasp really.
    Thinking a big naked bike, may extend it a bit ?

If not, the wife said by a Lotus or something to keep amused ? lol

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Yes, came here originally for the Racing Thread. Riding 55 yrs now, but in the last gasp really.
    Thinking a big naked bike, may extend it a bit ?

If not, the wife said by a Lotus or something to keep amused ? lol
    Sounds pretty much the same as me! Riding for 54 years, minus a short spell when we moved to NZ in '75. Stuffed knees and getting older but still wanting performance led me to buy the Duke 790 in March. The light weight and ergonomics makes it a dream to ride. I also thought about a Lotus 7 replica for when I give up bikes. However, my wife had a MazdaSpeed-prepared MX-5 for a few years which was fun to drive on the odd occasion but it could never replace a bike. We've got a Stabicraft for sea fishing and in reality, I think that will be my fall-back interest when I flag bikes.

Hope that I can keep riding for a while yet. I had an eye operation for a badly torn retina on Monday and I'm not allowed to drive for a couple of weeks. Really hoping to get full use of both eyes back or giving up bikes might be sooner than I planned!

Thread Information