Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Classic car insurance

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    I had a fleeting look at the Lotus Cortina too. There's another one for sale at about $130k! Decided that if I wanted to splash out that much, it would be a GT40 or Cobra replica. Common sense prevailed though and went for something more modest
    When I first started work (so maybe 1985?) I was offered a Lotus Cortina for $10k. I think I earned that in a year? I know when I started work I got $5300 p.a. Anyway, the price seems to have held up OK....
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Exercycle
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    When I first started work (so maybe 1985?) I was offered a Lotus Cortina for $10k. I think I earned that in a year? I know when I started work I got $5300 p.a. Anyway, the price seems to have held up OK....
    Lotus Cortina owners are a strange bunch in my experience. Very one-eyed.
    None can be made to see that the Datsun 1600SSS was a better made, cheaper and faster car......

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumph View Post
    Lotus Cortina owners are a strange bunch in my experience. Very one-eyed.
    None can be made to see that the Datsun 1600SSS was a better made, cheaper and faster car......
    Hahaha! EVERYONE with a classic car or bike is pretty one-eyed - that's the stereotypical enthusiast You're right about the Datsun. Way back in the days of the Heatway Rally, Tony Teesdale had a lot of success in his Datsun, embarassing an awful lot of bigger cars.

Bike
    motocompo
    I have over 300k worth of classic cars & bikes insured with Star insurance.
    They are half the price of what I was paying through Crombie Lockwood.
    The only thing you need to be careful with when using them is that they will write your car off for extremely minor damage, pay you out & put it on trademe & end up getting back more than they paid you out for it.
    Its a business model that works very well for them, so if you use them make sure you have it insured for plenty if you ever want to see it again.
    Here's a link.
    https://starinsure.co.nz/

Thread Information