Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2030 Petrol Vehicle Ban

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    It may be a problem for you pensioners on your deathbeds when your grandkids are unable to promptly travel to see you off when your health suddenly declines.

Had couple of family emergency’s in last few years where the ability to just jump in cage and promptly move long distance at pace helped with whole process.
    If I am dying the presence (or not) of family wont make any difference to the outcome.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Besides can you imagine how immersive Zoom will be by then?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    This threar has become depressing. It needs cheering up. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wDDHh5606o
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Very cool. I have a clip of a YZR500 being warmed up on my phone . Magic. About 3 years ago and 5 min drive from home.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Honda
    UPDATE:

The govt have released their Emissions Reduction Plan discussion document.

They've obfuscated the language quite a lot, but the intent to ban the import of ICE vehicles by 2030 is still there.

See the section titled 'Introduce measures to avoid New Zealand becoming a dumping ground for high-emitting vehicles' on P70.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by SamboNZ View Post
    UPDATE:

The govt have released their Emissions Reduction Plan discussion document.

They've obfuscated the language quite a lot, but the intent to ban the import of ICE vehicles by 2030 is still there.

See the section titled 'Introduce measures to avoid New Zealand becoming a dumping ground for high-emitting vehicles' on P70.
    Some interesting reading in there... the carbon pricing (pay to pollute lol) works out at 15 to 25cents a litre based on 150-250$ PER ton co2 for cars. Although they mention ets price would have to be $600 ton to effect people into voluntarily moving away from petrol.

ThereÂ’s a whole lot of talk in there about you WILL make 20% less journeys and you will prefer to bike walk or public transport. Only way I can see them doing this is via massive taxes or perhaps a certain amount of journey vouchers per week which of course the covid26 tracker app will take care of....

ThereÂ’s some bullshit about equality in there, apparently many ???? donÂ’t have access to cars or afford to use them so itÂ’s not right that the rest of us have personal cars. Although we are a low wage economy I would say very few people have no access to car in NZ. Apparently this equality/equity equation is fixed by making it more expensive to own car????

Then thereÂ’s some hippy mantra about moving to a circular economy vs extraction of raw materials with cheap labour. Ending single use items and making stuff that lasts forever but that you then hand me down to someone else.
    They seem to have overlooked that our cheap labour produced timber and milk powder exports pay for stuff we need from overseas that we canÂ’t make ourselves....

With the engineered rising price schedule (2% plus inflation) every year of carbon credits itÂ’s clear what the new currency will be. You will buy carbs as soon as you earn money then use them to pay for everything. Well we canÂ’t call them communist anymore when there number one tool to save world is a financial commodity operating on a pyramid/ponzi basis....
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    there number one tool to save world is a financial commodity operating on a pyramid/ponzi basis....
    You dont think thats exactly how the world financials operate already?
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Thread Information