Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2030 Petrol Vehicle Ban

Bike
    mutton dressed up as lamb and a 73 XL250
    Quote Originally Posted by FJRider View Post
    My FIRST thoughts on the subject exactly ... Judith Collins for PM ... ???????????

COULD it happen ... ??
    you would get better odds on Muldoon making a comeback.
    Be the person your dog thinks you are...

Bike
    R100GSPD
    2030 isnt actually dfar away. I think they will find that there just wont be enough EVs to fulfill the demand .There are billions of cars to replace.Mr google says there may be 1.4 billion cars in the world.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    That may be how it works - or not. There may be social engineering to categorise recreational use of fossil fueled vehicles as anti-social.

Anyhoo, it's very unlikely that it will be a problem for me.
    No problem for us old pensioners pritch ! they'll need a bigger police force to lock us all up !

I can see the headlines now, grumpy old fella refuses to stop on his morning fang .
    They don't chase ya now ,do they ? lol. xxx

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    It may be a problem for you pensioners on your deathbeds when your grandkids are unable to promptly travel to see you off when your health suddenly declines.
    Our elected dictator in her 10th term will have decided such travel is uneccessary and the smart meter will have cut power to the charger because the all black stadium needs juice for lighting.
    Had couple of family emergency’s in last few years where the ability to just jump in cage and promptly move long distance at pace helped with whole process.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Dad's garage (That I'm allowed to touch)
    I don't really care what powers my bike or car, just as long as I can enjoy the same freedom to travel as I do now.

It's not the petrol vehicle ban that concerns me, it's that they want to put trackers in vehicles and tax by Kilometres travelled. These trackers could also be used to fine people for exceeding speed limits

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoonicorn View Post
    I don't really care what powers my bike or car, just as long as I can enjoy the same freedom to travel as I do now.

It's not the petrol vehicle ban that concerns me, it's that they want to put trackers in vehicles and tax by Kilometres travelled. These trackers could also be used to fine people for exceeding speed limits
    Hmm, owner liability. Challenging.

Bike
    GSXR1000

It's closer than you think. Yes this only applies to new vehicles, and can be over ridden. But for how long. TBH, it surprises me it's taken this long to get here. It struck me as odd as a child in the 80's that we had a speed limit of 100kmh on the open road, yet sold both cars and tyres rated at well above these speeds. I knew better than to say anything, I wanted speed.

https://www.confused.com/on-the-road...ry-on-new-cars

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar

You’ve already unwittingly PAID for and installed your own tracking device. It’s called your smartphone... soon you will HAVE to take it everywhere due to covid/vax tracker/health-passport Mark of the beast and all that you shall not buy or sell with out it or wheelievin fourth gear....

Twenty years ago I laughed at an ex special forces co worker who refused to own a cellphone, said he wasn’t dumb enough to pay to carry a tracking device, back when the only conspiracy theory was the JFK and Diana sagas...

One more generation of social engineering in the schools and being without a phone at all times will be akin to wearing a hoodie into a bank or having a swastika tattoo....

You won’t have enough charge to speed anyway, smart meters will ration electricity to restrict movement and protests all in name of saving the planet.

Bike
    It was on the good
    When Tiwai shuts where are you going to get all the aluminum from for your helmet?

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    A year or two back there was a concerned magazine article that one or two models of a major manufacturer (Kawasaki IIRC?) were fitted with a "black box" that recorded what the bike was doing. This, of course, would be of interest to police and insurers in the event of an accident. You may think that the presence of such a device may have been of interest to owners, apparently the manufacturer didn't think so.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by R650R View Post
    You’ve already unwittingly PAID for and installed your own tracking device. It’s called your smartphone... soon you will HAVE to take it everywhere due to covid/vax tracker/health-passport Mark of the beast and all that you shall not buy or sell with out it or wheelievin fourth gear....

Twenty years ago I laughed at an ex special forces co worker who refused to own a cellphone, said he wasn’t dumb enough to pay to carry a tracking device, back when the only conspiracy theory was the JFK and Diana sagas...

One more generation of social engineering in the schools and being without a phone at all times will be akin to wearing a hoodie into a bank or having a swastika tattoo....

You won’t have enough charge to speed anyway, smart meters will ration electricity to restrict movement and protests all in name of saving the planet.
    I was a little worried that God was watching me spank off. I hope he is.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    When Tiwai shuts where are you going to get all the aluminum from for your helmet?
    Get with the times, carbon fibre neutralises radio waves 😂

Tiwai is small tinpot sic on global market. NZ overthinks our importance in the worldwide market of our raw materials be it metal, timber, milk, meat or coal

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    A year or two back there was a concerned magazine article that one or two models of a major manufacturer (Kawasaki IIRC?) were fitted with a "black box" that recorded what the bike was doing. This, of course, would be of interest to police and insurers in the event of an accident. You may think that the presence of such a device may have been of interest to owners, apparently the manufacturer didn't think so.
    Every car sold in USA since 2005 has GM ONStar which is a permenant remote Celllink to ECU.

Some conspiracy theorist contend that this type of device used to assasinate people like Michael Hastings, just command full throttle and brakes to ice.....
    Tiger woods recent unexplained crash was thought to be a reminder to stick to elite script...

Ten years ago I googled the product brochure of a device my employer fitted to truck after he undersold itÂ’s capabilities and I suspected otherwise....
    The size of a 20pack of ciggies it transmitted live location and speed data when in cell coverage.
    If you had a crash or other defined event it stored last 20mins .
    The funniest thing was him telling another driver to slow down when he saw the real numbers of what it took to comply with “you must get that truck back by 4pm for night shift”

But it doesnÂ’t have to be that fancy anyway. Any device with wifi or Bluetooth mesh connects with other devices leaving a data trail of time and location. Kinda like the covid app but without your permission. ItÂ’s only matter of time before that data becomes easy or legal for cops to access at will.
    How long before WOF inspector scrolls dash of your ktm 790 and records your Mac/wifi address

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    AFAIK most new leccy vehicles can be updated via the internets. Same as everything else, phone, computer, fridge.. (Fridge?)

And they can be hacked, as proven by the Israelis in a car park somewhere.

I definitely need a container to store zombie escape vehicles with petrol and carbs.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Canadian Red Back
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    AFAIK most new leccy vehicles can be updated via the internets. Same as everything else, phone, computer, fridge.. (Fridge?)

And they can be hacked, as proven by the Israelis in a car park somewhere.

I definitely need a container to store zombie escape vehicles with petrol and carbs.
    Those Hackers better keep away from my beer in the fridge, or there's going to trouble.

Thread Information