Thread: Waka Kotahi - dont have a clue

Bike
    It was on the good
    Slow down Rossi.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sunhuntin View Post
    theres an intersection here just outside waitara that is notorious for it. after two near misses in two days from cars pulling out, i now take the left turn and avoid the whole intersection.

also had an interesting event a few years ago just past that intersection. at the time, the speed limit was still 100, and a nice downhill before a corner into town. i came over the brow of the hill, and next thing i know all the cars in front are jamming on their brakes. i hit mine and got a bit locked up but got it sorted out ok... bloody tractor crawling along, unable to be seen due to the corners on the hill.
    Somebody was killed there a year or three back. Came of the brow of the hill and emailed themselves on the spikes if some agricultural machine.

Oh, and welcome back. Was that you used to work at the gas station on the bend before you decend the hill into Wanganui?
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    Somebody was killed there a year or three back. Came of the brow of the hill and emailed themselves on the spikes if some agricultural machine.

Oh, and welcome back. Was that you used to work at the gas station on the bend before you decend the hill into Wanganui?
    long memory... i worked the bp by the roundabout on the way through wanganui. not the big one thats there opposite the pool, but the little one up furthur.

i hadnt heard about that, must have been before i moved up here. there was a woman killed in her car along there several years ago. someone failed to give way, not sure who.
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    There's some dodgy intersections on the road from Waitara into New Plymouth. I expect sunstrike at certain times of the year doesn't help either.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Wacka koki ??? is that like NZTA ? New Zealand Transport Authority .

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Wacka koki ??? is that like NZTA ? New Zealand Transport Authority .
    Get with the programme -
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WKNZTATNZ.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	106.9 KB 
ID:	351861  

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Get with the programme -
    Lol , my excuse is it's friday (windup day !)..

I'm hoping a change of Govt next year will have us reverting to NZTA and an English speaking Country ?

Happy riding !

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1

I'm hoping a change of Govt next year will have us reverting to NZTA and an English speaking Country ?

Happy riding !
    You're going to be disappointed. And here's the official explanation of the name:

'Waka' means 'vessel' and 'kotahi' means 'one' so our Māori name conveys the concept of 'travelling together as one' and embraces integration, affordability, safety, responsiveness and sustainability. The Waka Kotahi logo was inspired by the concept of life's pathways.

I shall make no comment!

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar

Happy riding !
    No they will leave as is so woke mob have nothing to cry about.

Here’s a question for our academics though. Why are the likes of roads and housing depts (agencies that own assets) routinely called by Maori titles now but the media or Jacinda et al never call the police or corrections by their Maori title?????
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    Street Triple R

Happy riding !
    Why do you boomers get so bent out of shape about this? Like, who cares, really. I don't speak Te Reo but I fully embrace it because if for no other reason, it makes us and our country unique. You're a racist, I get it,but can't you just, I don't know, shut the hell up?

Actually I bet you dont like "the gays" and vote neshnul. So the trifecta of intolerance.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Exercycle
    Well, I'm an old boomer and i don't mind the dual languages. As far as anything changing under National, it won't. Even the Nats realise this is a bi-racial country officially. They did i think about 80% of the treaty settlements, ie the easy ones.
    Whoever is in govt will get the same recommendations from the civil servants. And all parties will take the cheapest option.
    Reducing the country's reliance on fossil fuels will continue - as it must.
    Whether you like the path we're on or not, we'll continue down it as it's IMO anyway, the right one.

If you don't like it, I'd suggest Australia. They are still arguing about giving the native Aboriginals a voice in govt. Probably the most racist country left in the world.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    When I was younger I thought I'm OK with immigrants if they make the effort to fit in. Our country our rules. Learn the fucking language.

Later I realised, the Europeans are the immigrants too. Ok so English is useful for world commerce. By why weren't we taught Maori as well? Happens in most European countries that you learn 2 or 3 languages.

Unless of course we think that European are superior and shouldn't worry ourselves with all that malarkey.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    When I was younger I thought I'm OK with immigrants if they make the effort to fit in. Our country our rules. Learn the fucking language.

Later I realised, the Europeans are the immigrants too. Ok so English is useful for world commerce. By why weren't we taught Maori as well? Happens in most European countries that you learn 2 or 3 languages.

Unless of course we think that European are superior and shouldn't worry ourselves with all that malarkey.
    Dunno how old you are but I definitely had Maori language lessons at primary school in the 60's , basic stuff, counting, common words, singing, etc. Didn't bother anyone. However College (no Intermediates in those days) the language choice was French or French. However in todays world the more rational choices would be Spanish and Mandarin.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Back on track for just a mo… in late sept I put in an exemption application or somesuch to be able to register my old project bike. I paid for the application to apply for the exemption form at VTNZ for $109 and made some copies of what I was sending, and sent it thru the post to VTNZ. The bloke at VTNZ told me it would be 10-20 working days. So last week, having heard nothing I decided to email them just to make sure they had me in the system. Immediately got a reply saying they were hoping to be able to respond to me in 25-30 working days. So this morning I rang them just after 8am, went thru the voice menu and sat on the phone for 5min before giving up. Then rang back at 10am, got a different but more hopeful sounding menu that told me I had a wait time of 13-17min. They cut me off 10 min later.
    It has occurred to me, while typing this, that working days is unlikely to 5 days per week. Now I feel silly for having such high expectations…
    where were we.. oh right, yep spanish, it's a very sexy sounding language and the spanish women are adorable. Mandarin, not so much. But I cannot see a downside to us all, as kiwis, speaking te reo. Kiaora
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    There are two official languages in NZ and neither of them is English.

Thread Information