Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Over confident as a new rider

Bike
    Honda
    Thanks for the wise words from the seasoned riders of this forum, believe it or not Im actually taking on the advice.

Thanks also to Berries, I get it, and I understand your the forum troll, congratulations I'm sure your families proud, I'm still relatively new here so you do what you do

..... it's just, bro, I've been on the internet for 20 plus years and trolling doesn't work anymore, but hey, who am I to judge, whatever gets the blood running through your willy .

(FYI I trade on the New York stock exchange which is why I'm posting at 2am)

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy 4eva! View Post
    (FYI I trade on the New York stock exchange which is why I'm posting at 2am)
    Yeah you said, youtube multi millionaire who retired at 40.

Was just commenting that most of your threads seem to be fishing expeditions, like the $3K exhaust upgrade to scream in industrial areas where you apparently go flat out and this one where to be honest you came across as a 16 year old blow hard. No offence.

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    Yeah you said, youtube multi millionaire who retired at 40.

Was just commenting that most of your threads seem to be fishing expeditions, like the $3K exhaust upgrade to scream in industrial areas where you apparently go flat out and this one where to be honest you came across as a 16 year old blow hard. No offence.
    I'm a rookie and still trying to figure it out, I thought Akrapavoc?? exhausts were cool.meh .It's not that loud.

There obviously aren't many biker's in your neck of the woods, there's an overload of blowhards in mine,I thought I was relatively tame.

Bike
    Honda
    Quote Originally Posted by Berries View Post
    . No offence.
    I believe being offended is what's missing in society today, it teaches you how to deal with adversity.

Hence I'm not offended by the strong worded advice given to me by experienced biker's.

I can't be offended if I'm dead.

Bike
    ST4s-V11 Cafe Sport
    I have been lucky to survive a couple of the accidents I have had over the years. Only today a work colleague has just told me he is going to sell his beloved early eighties Suzuki sports bike that he has extensively modified over the years. Must have owned for over 25 years. The reason? Every time he gets on it its hard to control the urge to have some fast fun. Its time he realises that if he keeps it, he may end up wrapping it around a power pole.

So even at his respectable age he may have the wisdom to realise what an outcome might be, he doesn't have the control to prevent the inevitable. Add to that, he wouldn't enjoy riding the bike at speeds that reduce the chances of the undesired outcome.

Its a fantastic bike so not an easy decision.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse1 View Post
    I have been lucky to survive a couple of the accidents I have had over the years. Only today a work colleague has just told me he is going to sell his beloved early eighties Suzuki sports bike that he has extensively modified over the years. Must have owned for over 25 years. The reason? Every time he gets on it its hard to control the urge to have some fast fun. Its time he realises that if he keeps it, he may end up wrapping it around a power pole.

So even at his respectable age he may have the wisdom to realise what an outcome might be, he doesn't have the control to prevent the inevitable. Add to that, he wouldn't enjoy riding the bike at speeds that reduce the chances of the undesired outcome.

Its a fantastic bike so not an easy decision.
    How many accidents did you not survive?

Manopausal.

Bike
    ST4s-V11 Cafe Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    How many accidents did you not survive?

Well it meant to read like the others were extremely survivable
    Come to think of it, the bikes didn't fair that well.

Bike
    GSX-S1000GT/DR 650
    Advice is for those who know the answer but wish that they didn't - As they often say

I believe that you're asking for advice because you've, thankfully, worked out that you need to do more training and make a change to your whole biking equilibrium. Track days are a cracking idea - Hell a good top speed run somewhere (Off the public road of course) would be a good idea too.

Otherwise join the Institute of Advanced Motorists (IAM Roadsmart NZ - You'll find it on Google) if you want to go down the slightly more formalised improvement route. They might not make you a quicker rider but you will do your machine/s justice by riding better.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Ok herrs my take.

Some people are dicks and can't control themselves.

The road is an uncontrolled environment so there are always many risks. You have to make your evaluation if you are pushing the boundaries too far. Some practice braking from 100km may surprise you. These days with ABS makes it less scary but students we had through courses were afraid of that test. Yet would happily go on the motorway.

Obviously you need to buy a dirtbike and a Trials bike as well.

Get into it.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information