Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do I dare post this in here? "Modern Classics" thoughts? who has em?

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Less busy than the old company's.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    red one & a blue one
    I have a 2018 T120...

Great solo bike... it's a bit small for two up (I also Have a harley for the long trips & pillion the wife)

I have a bunch of after market goodies (x-pipe, Dart screen, suspension, pipes etc).. + a givi top box & saddle bags.
    The t120 bonnie is a fun bike.. great gearing for open road, it hauls arse & sounds great
    Supersize Me

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    I would spring the extra for the Thruxton, having looked at the spec details now. Just my opinion of course but the extra money gets you a lot more power, fantastic brakes and suspension and as a result, maybe an easier resale at the other end…
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Yeah a mates got one. More extreme riding position mind. Looks cool.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Yep, my mate has one too, very similar to my S4R.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    I've ended up putting a Deposit on a '22 T120 Bonneville Black from a dealer up north - no amount of "sleeping on it" is shaking it from me, and after sitting on a few of the older models, I think I'll be all good with it, its the one I want out of the Triumphs - its not the fastest or most nimble of the range, but I have a GSXR cobbled together if I want to scare myself, haha

I think I've ruined my youtube algorithm watching T100 and T120 videos now - all of them say the same things, they're good quality bikes and any aesthetic or practical issues you find with them can be solved with Triumph accessories or in the aftermarket - Though apparently the 2021+ models have the Catalytic converters welded in so binning that is apparently a problem the aftermarket is looking into also - though I wonder if that might be a WoF issue here if I decide to bin the cat at some point, I know they really frown upon it when its new cars, I wonder if bikes get the same scrutiny

The bike is 6 weeks or so away from getting into the country, they got word last week it's been built (they placed the order back in January apparently!) and it is on its way here, here's hoping my local dealer doesn't get too upset I bought elsewhere, but they had no stock and would have had to order something with a 8+month wait anyway, once I saw the T120 black I was sold on its looks for sure, and I can tolerate a 2~ish month wait, I think! hehe

In the meantime I have some Amal Premier carb's on the way for the Norton, so I can crack on with that and won't be twiddling thumbs while the Bonnie gets here!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Well done. Supply is a real issue atm. Must be a bugger trying to sell something that the customer won't see for months. I was lucky with my 765 last year, about 2 weeks.

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    2 weeks seems good! it appears though that if its not on the dealership floor, its at least a couple months away - the general consensus I've gotten from sales reps and people in general is that Triumph wont prioritize orders from little ol' NZ simple as we are a small market, and with the US and UK going banana's for them, they get the attention first, and if there's space on the list here and there, they can sneak in an NZ order into the factory line it seems - I guess that sounds plausible enough?

I'll swing by my local Triumph dealer in town soon with a "Sorry I bought a bike elsewhere but I will be taking it here for Service and warranty stuff, plus I'll be buying riding gear and accessories from you that I need to soften the blow" story - surely they wont get petty on it, a warranty is a warranty regardless of what dealer sold the bike, yeah?

I am pretty excited for it, looking up what people have done with theirs, what is out there and what results any changes done have on the bike, but I will stick to leaving the bike well alone for at least the run in period, perhaps even a few to 5,000km - get properly used to it and find out what I personally would like to change to improve my own riding in the places I take it - who knows, I might just be perfectly content with it as is, or, as I find on other bikes, it will need new mirrors in a better position so I'm not just looking at my shoulder pads!

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Hah, so the T120 was a bust, not sure if I believe the dealer's reasoning but apparently Triumph themselves cancelled the order I had a deposit on, I am Skeptical as hell as the dealer's other T120's all went up in price at the same time.....

That aside, I have my deposit back, and ogling instead a 0km '22 SpeedTwin my local dealer has, its unregistered and they arent keen on arranging a test ride on it which I understand, but I don' want to commit to the financials of something like that without a proper decent test ride, that slightly kicked over sportier position could be a game breaker for me still

They're going to ring about and see if they can arrange something else or even a StreetTwin for me to test ride, but they were quite clear they did not like their chances, citing supply issues, which is also why they are not budging on the price, despite it being there for apparently nearly 6 months now, they wont even consider dropping the price due to there being few on the ground

So, While they try find a tester for me, I was wondering if it might be possible to find a current owner of a Speed Twin or even a Street Twin, offer them some money and a tank of fuel, if I can test ride theirs? though, again due to the supply reasons, I wonder if there are many owners out there at all, let alone down the bottom of the south island!

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Well shit, I managed to weasel a very quick test ride out of them in the end

That was a mistake, It stole my heart, and now I own it......

Cracked on 800k's in the weekend, and up to 990km now, my tailbone is regretting my life choices, but I need to get the Run in 1000 K's done asap, as the dealer is booked solid till Christmas and shuts down over the break, and they can sneak me in tomorrow but everything else is booked solid, so I don't want to have to park it up till sometime Jan 2023!

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Groovy. Although steal the wife's hairdryer and peel those silly tank warnings off.

Mine had the same fork reflectors. Just pull off and some meths or desolvit takes off the glue. Actually most peeled off by rubbing it.

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Nice bike dude, Enjoy

Bike
    1972 Norton Commando
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Groovy. Although steal the wife's hairdryer and peel those silly tank warnings off.

Mine had the same fork reflectors. Just pull off and some meths or desolvit takes off the glue. Actually most peeled off by rubbing it.
    Yeah they're coming off today when I get it back from its first service haha, same for the fork reflectors, I have some desolv-it for them hanging around, should tidy things up

Thread Information