Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: This Site Dead or dying?

Bike
    BSA A10
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Had a great Sunday.
    Changed the rear wheel bearing on the RMX250, changed the oil and filter on the DR143 big block

Got toothache from hell, it's a shit Sunday
    "If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough power."

Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Even BP would shy away from cleaning up a sidecar oil spill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warren Zevon
    Send Lawyers, guns and money, the shit has hit the fan

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Fuck me 18 years where did that go????? Made a few mates through here

KB used to be awesome even the nutters used to be funny

A sizable bunch of us had Kiwibiker "Dirt Division" for a few years had T shirts and all. Still have a couple and a flag.
    We came up with the flag Idea so members could find our group when there was 400+ at a dirt ride.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KB-T-shirt Final.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	65.6 KB 
ID:	352727

Name:	KB-dirt%20blk%20SIG%20resize%20final.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	40.9 KB 
ID:	352728
    Went on all the Mr Moto rides and meet ups at the Sandpit, Kimis farm etc etc. Competed at 2 man events etc

Name:	DSC07279.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	357.8 KB 
ID:	352726
    Was a good bunch, still friends with some.

Thursday night rides used to be quite good with a good bunch coming along.
    Only ever been on one weekend ride in 2011. 2 prangs that day. Some guy ended up in the drink around Mirinda and another had an off, Said a rear blow out on a straight road.
    We waisted to much of the day waiting for ambulances and tow trucks I never went on another. LOL

Name:	DSCF1030.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	803.8 KB 
ID:	352729

Name:	DSCF1033.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	652.8 KB 
ID:	352730
    Thats my SV in the pic.

Then the place went a bit silly with more politics and squabbling over non bike related shit.
    Secondly No newbie could postup a question, that they in their innocence thought was ok, without getting launched on by the KB pack. I guess they stopped coming.

So I retired to the MotoGP thread with likeminded people and rarely venture out to KB land unless something catches my eye like this thread.
    Just don't want to waste my life posting up shit in threads that don't help anything except egos.
    I made a self rule I would never say anything on any internet, I wasn't prepared to say face to face.
    Still a great bunch of guys I have never met in the MotoGP thread, the ESE works and the optimistic sellers are sane enough threads to monitor.

AH well it seems to be the modern world these days? Each to their own . I guess a lot of members either sold their bikes or voted with their feet.

So now I have completely wasted a night on KB sharing memories and bullshit. I'll go to bed so I can get up at 7 have breaky while watching MotoGP before work.
    And that's the tail (for me) of the KB tape IMHO - LMAO
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Actually that's not a bad idea. Get rid of the non motorcycle related section.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    husaberg
    Actually that's not a bad idea. Get rid of the non motorcycle related section.
    I am all for that, then we can bring back tags plus take it international.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Aprillia RSV1000R 92 KX500
    Blog Entries
    Even though I post mostly in rant and rave, I too would not be heart broken to see it go.
    Bike stuff only would bring the actual good information front and center for newbies and so on to find
    Maybe we could start a dedicated poll to see what the few of us that remain think of that idea?

Last Thursday night went to a mates and adjusted my steering bearings, they had come loose - but how?
    Last Friday attended the last track-days at Puke as a spectator as I simply never liked the track - took the scenic ride to and from the track.

Bike
    Street Triple R + Yamaha R3
    I am surprised that the last trackday at Pukekohe didn’t get a mention on here. With the amount of people there last week, I would have thought that at least a few of them would have been active posters on this site.

It was a fun couple of day's riding, for what it was worth. A pretty good dinner in between events too.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk

Bike
    22"Z900rsSE, Z1R, FZR1000, KTM 2 smoker
    Quote Originally Posted by release_the_bees View Post
    I am surprised that the last trackday at Pukekohe didn’t get a mention on here. With the amount of people there last week, I would have thought that at least a few of them would have been active posters on this site.

It was a fun couple of day's riding, for what it was worth. A pretty good dinner in between events too.

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk
    I rode the Thursday at Puke. It was Fine and sunny too
    Damn glad I chose that day as the following 2 day weekend event had intermittent rain, I think.
    Bloody lap times where absolute crap but I got some really good on bike footage of my last spin at Puke FOREEVER
    On a Motorcycle you're penetrating distance, right along with the machine!! In a car you're just a spectator, the windshields like a TV!!

'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out! Shouting, ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! '

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    What we're you riding? A righteous steed of good standing?

Or some feited 4 stroke?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    husaberg
    My sons bike managed to oil up half of Ruapuna on Sunday.
    Apologies for that last races. the fricken thing only has about 700ml but it seems to go a long way...
    That shit would not have happed on a decent 2T.

this diesel was worse than an old mz for smmoke if i have my way its getting a reed valve
    So i am going to fab a proper breather catch like a Beezump three. With an external breather pipe that he can see the smoke show in this face and stop the thing...
    Its bad enough i spent week trying to fix a back torque limiter overrun clutch that the silly diesel needs when it wasn't the problem it seemed....

That said i do kind of fancy one of those Daytona's, farty noises and all.
    I can see why they are so popular as track day bikes. like a modern Lc which is ironic seeing they stylized that after a triumph.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    I reminder distinctly .

Kinky is using a feather. Perverted is using the whole chicken

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    I remember a KB ride from Rimatex before Rimutukas circa 2005. We literally filled the forecourt. White Trash held court explaining ride etiquette. No one listened. Carnage ensue
    Where would a KB ride be without at least 1 rider exploring the scenery ......
    “- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by husaberg View Post
    That said i do kind of fancy one of those Daytona's, farty noises and all.
    I can see why they are so popular as track day bikes. like a modern Lc which is ironic seeing they stylized that after a triumph.
    I remember meeting an attractive young woman at Kaiaua who was riding a Daytona with a quick shift and an aftermarket exhaust. Very nice...

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Just to keep this site alive, you want me to come on here and say some controversial shit?

Stuff like "It wasn't King Kong's fault he was on top of the Empire State Building".

That'll stir up some responses. It's sure to get Skoober Steve back in the fold.

Thread Information