Thread: Loyal Enfield

Bike
    yamaha

Loyal Enfield

Highly likely I am going to Rajkot, India. The reason is to purchase 2 x lathes and a turret mill, also I need terracotta floor tiles.
    Thinking of also bringing back a NEW R/E Interceptor 650
    Is there any reason that this bike would not pass our VIN / registration requirements

Ta ... robbie

Bike
    Exercycle
    The home market singles I've seen imported here by returning travellers have been shit. Export market bikes were a much higher spec. Don't know if this still applies or if the twins are the same - but buyer beware.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries

Also, will RE honour a warranty for a bike that did not come thru their system?
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    yamaha

loyal enfield

GRUMPH I do not think they make shit any longer even for their market check this video out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1SVd1SMCV4

Laava Well the bike is 1/2 the cost of NZ, and being a talented engineer, like most kiwis, $ 6000 goes a long way, not a problem

Bike
    Suzuki GSX-s1000F 2016
    With two lathes and a mill you should be fine for repairs or creating parts should there be a problem.

A friend told me about his friend who loaned a Himayalian to a friend of his....who dropped the bike and damaged a footpeg.
    There wasn't one to be bought anywhere in NZ.
    As the bike was a practice tool for the "Roof of India" tour they sought out the required part when they got to India.....$4.00 was the price.

Bike
    yamaha
    one of the lathes is going to be converted to a cam shaft grinder, and I just do not think these m/cycle manufacturers can afford to make shit any longer apparently KTM are now made in India

Good story about the foot peg .... prices in India are at LEAST 1/2 the cost here, there machinery may be a bit antiquated, but the less trinkets to let you down

The lathes are basic but robust and the mill is imported into India from Chow land

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lada ok View Post
    apparently KTM are now made in India
    The little road bikes are. India has such a punitive rate of duty on imported bikes that manufacturers who want to sell there have to build there. And it's a big market.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    Suzuki GSX-s1000F 2016
    Good story about the foot peg
    thanks....and that reminds me of a mate who told me about a large gear with damaged teeth which was sent off to China with the request to replace the gear....the gear came back with the same damage to the teeth???
    It was then sent off to India and on its return, in a wooden case, wrapped in grease and encased in greaseproof paper, the perfect replacement emerged.

They can do good things alright.

Bike
    yamaha
    haha .... the injuns are geared up with some stuff.

have a look at this, have seen lots of similar on Y/T scary stuff https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t65YxhEhYVE

Thread Information