Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Rock, MotoGP comp

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    I sometimes listen to ZB mornings but usual is 93.8 "The Sound" when I jump in the car ,the same !

Never bothered putting CD 's in the car.

lol and from the 70's have only ever bought about 10 LP's in my life !!!! But hey I'm happy. My kids are all in their mid forties and do all that other shit.

Go the Boomers !!!!!!!

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    In the 90s I started listening to National radio in the mornings. Not because I liked the news programming so much, but just I'd had enough of the fuking ads.

Hi! Buy my Shit at extra loud volume!

Then increasingly moronic voices instead of music.
    Then
    Heres the new one from [insert we play this 4 times before 9am and it was released 5 months ago].

Gaaah!
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Always had you down as a talkback kind of person.

Bike
    Triumph Speed Triple
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jim.cox View Post
    (fuck paying $15 a month to rent music - I'd rather hit Penny Lane and grab a cd)
    I feel your pain. Back in the day I bought vinyl, lotsa vinyl. Still got it, still play it. Then it was cassette tapes and I bought those. Next came CDs and I've got less of those because I was starting to get pissed off but there are also some rock concert DVDs.

When I got my MacBook I used iTunes and bought quite a lot on that. Now I believe Apple want an annual subscription for me to access that on my new laptop.

I have CDs in the car but I also copied the iTunes in the old MacBook onto my old iPhone and mostly use that when out and about. I've got a lot of unused storage in the new phone so think I'll transfer the iTunes music into that as well.

Mostly been using 'I Heart Radio' for NZ news, and after paying for all the music that's already here I now pay for YouTube Premium. The latter do the play list thing on YouTube Music too.

Expensive stuff this music, it's just a shame the artists don't get much of the money.
    There is a grey blur, and a green blur. I try to stay on the grey one. - Joey Dunlop

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on
    Quote Originally Posted by pritch View Post
    I feel your pain. Back in the day I bought vinyl, lotsa vinyl. Still got it, still play it. Then it was cassette tapes and I bought those. Next came CDs and I've got less of those because I was starting to get pissed off but there are also there are some rock concert DVDs.

When I got my MacBook I used iTunes and bought quite a lot on that. Now I believe Apple want an annual subscription for me to access that on my new laptop.

I have CDs in the car but I also copied the iTunes in the old MacBook onto my old iPhone and mostly use that when out and about. I've got a lot of unused storage in the new phone so think I'll transfer the iTunes music into that as well.

Mostly been using 'I Heart Radio' for NZ news, and after paying for all the music that's already here I now pay for YouTube Premium. The latter do the play list thing on YouTube Music too.

Expensive stuff this music, it's just a shame the artists don't get much of the money.

Made the mistake once of selling my record collection to pay for an air ticket.

Now there is a great hole in my personal history.

Paying for any subscription service is money nothing, especially if, like Spotify, it goes away when you stop paying.

And you're right about it being both the artist and the consumer that the tech firms are screwing over.
    =mjc=

Bike
    GSXR1000
    You can download music from Spotify, so it doesn't go away if you choose to do that.

Bike
    anything I can get my grubby wee paws on
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    You can download music from Spotify, so it doesn't go away if you choose to do that.
    Actually, Mr Bandit, they do go away

According to the spotify website...

How long do Spotify downloads last?
    If you don't go online with Spotify at least once every 30 days, any tracks you have downloaded for offline listening are automatically removed from your device."
    =mjc=

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by jim.cox View Post
    Actually, Mr Bandit, they do go away

According to the spotify website...

How long do Spotify downloads last?
    If you don't go online with Spotify at least once every 30 days, any tracks you have downloaded for offline listening are automatically removed from your device."
    I didn't know that, then again I've never downloaded any either. Happy to pay the $15 a month for access to an almost endless library of music. Easy enough to use some recording software to make a physical back-up if you needed I guess.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    People pay incredible sums of money to watch TV.

This is but a mere portion.

So what is the difference?

I had tons of stuff on memory stick, but got bored of that. Now my selection changes. I avoid subscription stuff usually. But I'm getting good value.

I ran free for a while , maybe 2 years, but the difference for add free was worth it to me.

Still a lot less adds on free spotify than the radio. Lots less.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    The common thread here is we all love music !! We Just get it from different sources.

I know music helped me get thru some tough times. Short story, I had left the police and moved to Adel Sth Aust. (1985) Only been there ten months when my wife died in a motorvehicle crash. New house, new car and three boys oldest 6 and twins 4 !!!
    I always loved music and found listening, helped my disaster of life at that time. But hey, still here and still love my music.
    Stayed in SA till 1998 and then returned home.

Everyone has their own story but that was a little bit of mine. Cheers xxxx

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    They still have Radio stations? How quaint.
    I'm sad, lonely and friendless. Jay and Dunc are my invisible friends.

As an aside, Radio Rhema is running a comp with a merino knitting kit as first prize.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    It was on the good
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    As an aside, Radio Rhema is running a comp with a merino knitting kit as first prize.
    How the fuck do they hold the needles?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by george formby View Post
    I'm sad, lonely and friendless. Jay and Dunc are my invisible friends.

I was going to say you need to accept Jesus into your life for a 50% friend increase. Heck we are doing a 3 for one special with his holy father and a dude we refer to as Spook.

Send money to the usual address.
    Don't try to pay by cheque. They don't work anymore and I won't let you into heaven if sufficient funds don't clear.

Bike
    Obsolete ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    I was going to say you need to accept Jesus into your life for a 50% friend increase. Heck we are doing a 3 for one special with his holy father and a dude we refer to as Spook.

Send money to the usual address.
    Don't try to pay by cheque. They don't work anymore and I won't let you into heaven if sufficient funds don't clear.
    Hmmm. If you were to sprinkle me with Holy Water you might have a deal.

I don't mind if you video it but I'm the one that wears the mask.
    Manopausal.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    It's a bit clumpy to sprinkle but it's a date.

Thread Information