Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mojo - how to get it back

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    I’ve been through this phase once when life was so busy and I almost forgot what was parked in shed. Took bike for WOF one year and had only done 1000km so started riding it to work just get moneys worth out of it.
    Somewhere along the line synapses fired and the brain hot it’s dopamine hit from all the things bikeztrigger up there.

Now I ride as much as I can, knowing the growing beauracracy in Wellington will eventually ban/tax it out of existence in my lifetime. Blown $58k on bikes in last three years thatvprob should have been spent on mortgage but YOLO and it puts smile on the dial and I want to enjoy it while we can.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    CT110 Super Cub - postie bike
    Strange as it sounds you could go out for a decent ride on a real shit day. I used my bike to commute every day ... 35 kms or so. Got a bit ho hum and while it was OK it wasn't the delight it used to be.
    I had to go from Ch to Dunedin for a funeral and while the ride there was ok, it was a hot day and quite tedious. Coming home though it was pouring rain from Dn to Timaru then although no rain, there was a howling nor-west gale from Timaru to Christchurch ... so bad they had a detour off the highway for quite some distance before Ashburton. Bloody hard work but I found myself laughing at the stupidity of it all then at the end I got a real sense of achievement having completed the ordeal in one piece. I'd fallen in love with biking again.
    Grow older but never grow up

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakie View Post
    Strange as it sounds you could go out for a decent ride on a real shit day. I used my bike to commute every day ... 35 kms or so. Got a bit ho hum and while it was OK it wasn't the delight it used to be.
    I had to go from Ch to Dunedin for a funeral and while the ride there was ok, it was a hot day and quite tedious. Coming home though it was pouring rain from Dn to Timaru then although no rain, there was a howling nor east gale from Timaru to Christchurch ... so bad they had a detour off the highway for quite some distance before Ashburton. Bloody hard work but I found myself laughing at the stupidity of it all then at the end I got a real sense of achievement having completed the ordeal in one piece. I'd fallen on love with biking again.

That mirrors some of my experiences. Some of the shittiest rides I've done are the most memorable and rewarding.

Finding this thread quite helpful. Seems one can lost the mojo, but get it back using a variety of strategies.

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    funny, i am in a similar pickle.

ive been riding full time since 05. never held a car license, never driven. rode in all weathers but snow. but some time over the last three years, my courage vanished, and now each time i go out i feel like i should have L plates on. its not like ive not done miles... i estimate over 100,000k over a handful of bikes. even my current one i have done 20,000k on.

a lot of it is to do with the roads here in taranaki. they scare me more than the car drivers now. i spend more time looking for pot holes and defects than at what im following, and have turned into even more of nana than before.

its bad enough i actually went for and passed my learners license for the car, and bought one. i always swore i would never do that, but its a shit ton safer for me and those around me. im sick of being scared whenever i have to travel south to see my folks. i actually dread the bike, and cannot wait to sell it.

i still have my old 250 virago that i did most of my time on, so aiming to get her up and running next year just for around town and short jaunts.
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Test ride a yam T7

You'll pick up some new gravel roads onto the bargain. Ride at its natural pace and never be scared of pot holes .
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Sold
    I stopped riding in March 2022. Still passionate about bikes but perfectly happy about not riding. Whilst bikes have been a passion since I was 16 and I'm just coming up to 76, I've got several other interests to fill the void. If I hadn't, I'd probably still be riding. Our MGB GT has been more fun than I thought it would be. In many ways, it's like a bike without all the bells and whistles of a modern car and I can actually tinker with it.

But you're just a young 'un by comparison :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gold Stamper 2.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	722.3 KB 
ID:	353613  

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    You b**tards have me looking at trading in.

Thanks.

Bike
    Africa Twin! 2018 all the fruit!
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post

Thanks.
    Ha, fucking good Job! Well done lads and lassesses!
    Lets know what you gunna git aye.
    Every day above ground is a good day!:

Bike
    R100GSPD
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post

Thanks.
    i got pretty strong sense that thats what you were askin

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    I stopped riding in March 2022. Still passionate about bikes but perfectly happy about not riding. Whilst bikes have been a passion since I was 16 and I'm just coming up to 76, I've got several other interests to fill the void. If I hadn't, I'd probably still be riding. Our MGB GT has been more fun than I thought it would be. In many ways, it's like a bike without all the bells and whistles of a modern car and I can actually tinker with it.

But you're just a young 'un by comparison :-)
    haha, have been doin the same this winter with our new toy :Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled-2.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	164.8 KB 
ID:	353624

If I can get the other half out of it. (traded two for one,XR6 and swift for the new swift sport). Bit of juggling but hey we're retired and don't need two cars.

Anyway what a hoot, 1400 turbo and all sorts of gizmos and magic.

GSX1400 is sitting waiting for Summer with new battery!!!!

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Almost want to start a new thread on this specific topic.

It seems the cost to trade in is around $5K.

I think my bike is worth $20, and the bike I want to buy (similar, I have an RT, I'm looking at a GSA, similar k's, same year, mines in better condition) is at $19995.

I've been offered $15K by one dealer, and $11K by another.

I know bike shops are in business to make money, and I'm okay with that. Just don't want to feel like I'm dealing with Ned Kelly.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    So, still after a 240kg bike?

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    So, still after a 240kg bike?
    Guessing most of my (admittedly bugger all) riding will be on the road. I like the weight of a bigger bike. Motivates one not to drop it.

Kind like a fat bottomed girl, although I gather we aren't allowed to say that any more, lest we upset a snowflake.

The GSA has scaffolding all round, so a lie down won't hurt.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    So, pulled the trigger on a trade to a GSA. Hoping it comes with the mojo I was looking for.

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Don't forget the hard luggage. Maybe carry some spare water? 🤔

Thread Information