Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Mojo - how to get it back

Bike
    R1200GS Adventure
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    One could include that into the list of needs.

Like, choose a bike that lights your fire, but also meets the other needs.

I met some guys in Reefton a couple of years back, old contacts from the BMW world.

One was on an S1000RR, one on a GSA, one on a GS. All were 55 - 60 years old.

The guy on the S1000RR looked like he had been hit by a truck when he folded himself off the bike, the other two looked like they had just stepped out of a health spa. The S1000RR had to be parked around the corner, as the side stand couldn't cope with the camber of the road. All three loved their bikes, but one only loved it while moving. The guy with the S1000RR. It lit his fire, but he really didn't enjoy riding it.
    One of the many reasons I have had my 1200GSA for 16-years is because it meets my needs and lights my fire. OK, that's two reasons. There are more...

Bike
    CB919, 1090R, R1200GSA
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbird View Post
    So there we are - look at the tech specs/intended use but never forget emotional appeal.
    Dunno what's wrong with you ol' chap. Engineers don't have emotion, it's all data points!

Tis an odd one. Things like the Hornet, I never would have picked myself, but it was provided by/for work. Grew on me over the years for practicality and reliability, now I've been riding it for 16+ years... (well, I say that while it's parked up and I'm actually riding others, just can't ride 4 at once...)

The emotion buys generally got me into trouble The GSA (and 2nd GSA) were mostly mathematical, I listed out my requirements, they made the most sense. Had the older one you've seen since January 2011... Between the Hornet and 1st GSA alone, I've clocked up about 300,000km.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jane Omorogbe from UK MSN on the KTM990SM
    It's barking mad and if it doesn't turn you into a complete loon within half an hour of cocking a leg over the lofty 875mm seat height, I'll eat my Arai.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
    Dunno what's wrong with you ol' chap. Engineers don't have emotion, it's all data points!

Tis an odd one. Things like the Hornet, I never would have picked myself, but it was provided by/for work. Grew on me over the years for practicality and reliability, now I've been riding it for 16+ years... (well, I say that while it's parked up and I'm actually riding others, just can't ride 4 at once...)

The emotion buys generally got me into trouble The GSA (and 2nd GSA) were mostly mathematical, I listed out my requirements, they made the most sense. Had the older one you've seen since January 2011... Between the Hornet and 1st GSA alone, I've clocked up about 300,000km.
    One of the most practical bikes I ever had was the one I liked the least. But it was a work bike, so it was what it was.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Off to the mojo shop tomorrow. Hoping they have plenty of stock.

Bike
    R100GSPD
    thought you had already picked the gsa??

edit i get it ..MOJO shop

Bike
    Dog Rooter, 1290 SDR
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    I bought a road bike that can be converted to a gravel bike, that's the plan. Once I get my cycling gear unpacked from storage.
    Gravel riders can be interesting when you trip over them on gravel roads. They dont seem to have much control.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katman View Post
    but once again you proved me wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by cassina View Post
    I was hit by one such driver while remaining in the view of their mirror.

Thread Information