Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My tyres are weird - whats going on?

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    It's normal for the road.
    I always have them but used to run off the edge of slicks on track. The road is a different environment if you want to stay riding.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Cheers Moise, got out again yesterday,so the Michelin R6s have done over 300kms now. I haven't tried 5's but I swear by these new ones.
    Hopefully the mileage is as good or even better ?
    The touchy front seems to have settled down a bit and feels great.... No moments to report although at one stage I saw north of 150 and thought, slow down Rossi !
    Two corners later a couple of cars appeared oncoming ,the second with yellow and blue markings !!!!!!!! Here's me at 110kph !!! lucky ,lucky!

Still got 10mm chicken strips but thats pretty normal for this old fella..
    I've just realised that Tapatalk soehow logged me in under my old forum name, which I thought no longer worked. I'm back to SaferRides.

The front Road 5 seems sensitive to pressure, and can feel twitchy at low speed if it's too high. I usually run around 34 on the R1, but that's quite a light bike.

You'd have to be brave to get to the edge of the Road 5 front!

The 4 and 5 did about the same mileage, but I've heard that the 6 is even better. It's nice to have tyres that last more than 6 months at today's prices.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by SaferRides View Post
    I've just realised that Tapatalk soehow logged me in under my old forum name, which I thought no longer worked. I'm back to SaferRides.

The front Road 5 seems sensitive to pressure, and can feel twitchy at low speed if it's too high. I usually run around 34 on the R1, but that's quite a light bike.

You'd have to be brave to get to the edge of the Road 5 front!

The 4 and 5 did about the same mileage, but I've heard that the 6 is even better. It's nice to have tyres that last more than 6 months at today's prices.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk
    Yeah wondered about the name change lol. The front on the 1400 steers like a truck if the pressure is anything under 35 cold. Its big heavy beast but the good side is, with our shit roads, you can just throw it in and the suspension flaps away and handles it.

Agree on the wear rate of these touring tyres....

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Thread Information