Thread: 1Tonne Brown Office Motorcycle Boots - How are they?

Bike
    NC30s

1Tonne Brown Office Motorcycle Boots - How are they?

Hi team,

I am in the market for a casual looking boot that I can safely commute in, and comfortably walk around in when I get to my destination.

I spied these on the 1tonne website, and they seem to tick the boxes: https://www.1tonne.co.nz/product/bro...boots/254/105/

Can anybody comment on long term comfort of these? Are they ok for walking? Not too stiff?

Bike
    Street Triple R + Yamaha R3
    I don't know if it helps or not, but there was a decent length thread about 1 Tonne gear in general a couple of years back:

https://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/s...32-1Tonne-gear

Sent from my SM-S901E using Tapatalk

Bike
    NC30s
    Hmm. At this price, I'll give them a go.
    Will update with some thoughts after a few rides with them.

Bike
    Yamaha
    How are the boots holding up, been waiting for a report on how successful the purchase and do they pass the durability and comfort test ?

Bike
    NC30s
    Quick review after a couple of rides:

The first pair I got were a 45. I am usually a 45, but these were too small. My toes were quite close to the end and they weren't comfortable.

I exchanged them for a 46 (great service from 1tonne btw, as always!), and the 46 are ever so slightly too big when I am wearing thin socks, but with thicker socks on they're perfect.

The boots themselves are quite chunky, but much more comfortable to walk in than my old alpinestars boots.
    Jeans fold down over the tops easily, and I reckon they'd pass as a regular boot if you're looking for a more casual style riding boot.

They're quite rigid, and you definitely need the side zip to get them on and off. They feel solid and supportive, with good ankle rigidity. The leather itself feels more like a leather overlay on top of a solid motorcycle boot. Expect scuffs etc with regular use, and a bit of wear on your shifter foot (pretty standard for motorcycle boots though).

I feel safe riding with them at speed, they feel like more of a 'motorcycle boot' than I had expected, but not in a bad way.
    In the past I have had some of the 'riding shoes' that look like Chuck Taylor All Stars (RJays I think?) and these feel much safer than those ones did.

There might be some better boots out there with thicker leather, but you'd likely pay 3x the price for them.
    At this price, I don't think you could do much better than these for a casual looking safe commuter/touring boot. Very happy with my purchase.

Bike
    Yamaha
    Thanks for the review, I was concerned that the deep tread on the boots as they would pickup any form of mud ,
    Where’s these don’t have deep tread but the putting on and getting the foot in could be a problem but the ones you selected having the zipper https://www.1tonne.co.nz/product/bla...boots/202/105/

Bike
    NC30s
    They do have pretty chunky tread, similar to doc martens. I think they'd pick up a bit of mud if you walk through it.

Yeah the side zips really help with getting them on and off. I have pretty wide feet and can usually tug the boot off while standing up without any issues.

I haven't tried those ones you linked, but I reckon the fact that they don't need a side zipper would mean there's less rigid protection in them. They look like they might be a bit more casual than the brown leather boot ones. Still probably fine for most riding situations though.

Thread Information