Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Clubs....is you in or is you out?

Bike
    71 Kawasaki W1, 77 Yamaha XS650
    the group thing is a bit of a double edged sword - too structured to sheer chaos - dont expect too much from them, use them to find like-minded types or ride solo, sparking-it with other fuct-up types you find along the way

i rode with a group from the netherlands for years, a loose-knit bunch, about 15 or so, never more than 6 riding, had a day plan flexible enough that any 1 or more could split off and meet later ... all experienced riders capable of road-side repairs ... the major hurdle is personality-need a bit of wind to sort out the chaff

i have enjoyed many Distinguished Gentlemens rides in various cities - although these tend to be relaxed but structured, you take your chances with the egos - generally kool bikes and a good mix of people, done charity sidecar rides for kids etc, all in good fun but is hard work-need a good 200km solo run after to wind down, "club" rides are simply ego-strokes

get a lot of bikes through here now, esp weekends, they can be a nuisance in the forest, too fast and the dicks forget that wheels in the left lane doesnt mean their heads are (ive started collecting points)

mostly more than 2-3 riders, esp on narrow nzl roads, is a cluster-fukking, road-hogging one-way to hell
    Be who you are and say what you feel cos those who mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Seems reading, that most people avoid the groups and prefer their little clicks of mates.

I come from the olden days and grew up fanging over the Rimutakas from mid sixties. By seventies our group in the Hutt valley were all production racers and to a pretty high level.
    Sundays early,we'd head off and by the Kaitokes ,before the Rimutukas, it was on !!!

Never felt unsafe ! We were at the top of our game and could ride close.
    But I would say most average riders would be saying we were maniacs ! ????
    From an old memory I think the 10 miles of Rimutukas from bridge to bridge was covered in 7 to 8 minutes !!

I've seen TZ 's unloaded from vans just to do the "Hill" lol.

So yeah I'm not a tourer, my riding still is very sporty..... although I've given away trying to do wheelies n shit . (I'm old !).

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Seems reading, that most people avoid the groups and prefer their little clicks of mates.

I come from the olden days and grew up fanging over ... from mid sixties. By seventies our group ...

Never felt unsafe ! We were at the top of our game and could ride close.
    ..... although I've given away trying to do wheelies n shit . (I'm old !).
    ah - the 60s/70s pre motorway, pre major urban sprawl - when roads were roads, bikes werent made of plastic and roll still went with rock

many still rode bikes daily, no size restrictions, uniformed criminals still rode triumphs, knuts didnt have cell phones and a kiss didnt mean molestation (or maybe it lead to something to do with pets)

i remember fondly - i think
    Be who you are and say what you feel cos those who mind don't matter and those that matter don't mind.

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Moise View Post
    The first photo would have to be a Suzuki triple... I need a 2-stroke back in my life!

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk
    Without a 2 stroke in your life - can you really call it living?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Without a 2 stroke in your life - can you really call it living?
    - have heard it said 4 strokes give twice the pleasure with half the burn

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    I've heard it said that jesus is lord.

I didn't believe them either
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    Breaking rocks
    Blog Entries
    Loaded. Jesus is loaded. Very liberal with the "medication" the mexicans.
    Only a Rat can win a Rat Race!

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by roogazza View Post
    Seems reading, that most people avoid the groups and prefer their little clicks of mates..
    Nailed it. This is what makes it so hard to get a groundswell of support for much at all, amongst the community.

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Nailed it. This is what makes it so hard to get a groundswell of support for much at all, amongst the community.
    That raises a good point, the individual nature of motorcycling probably makes it hard to gather coherent information.

There was a recent federation of motoring clubs survey sent out to various member clubs, which has put together some data on the significant value of what's owned and what's spent by owners of various types of motor vehicles. It included historic and classis cars/motorcycles, caravans/motorhomes, but appears to exclude post 2000 motorcycles probably due to there not being an affiliated club for this category. This would mean it has missed a significant percentage of motorcyclists, so the economic value of motorcycling as a recreational activity won't have been captured.

It's pretty hard to argue your case when you don't have any data to back it up.

https://fomc.nz/wp-content/uploads/N...2024_Small.pdf
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    Suzuki GSX-s1000F 2016
    It's pretty hard to argue your case when you don't have any data to back it up.
    I have been having difficulties with one person in my club, a meeting was called and I vented my case.
    The old deny and lie tactic was employed by the other person on three points I raised.
    It isn't easy dealing with someone who looks you in the eye and insinuates it is you who are lying.

Life goes on and I am riding to Ongaonga general store with some mates today.

Bike
    suzuki
    Quote Originally Posted by F5 Dave View Post
    Coast to Coast charity ride.
    little wonde i called it the coast to ghost. last one i did there were three die that day, cheap piss at the pubs, no organised and promoted optio of stopping at the end, my neighbour was n ambulance ofiicer that day, it was carnage, they swapped ambos at mos settlements as they were full. when i rang the lions to offer help they were pleased the riders left no rubbish at the lunch stop, and considered it a success

Thread Information