Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Riding like a dickhead - confessions of an old biker.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    W-K and the contractors are still arguing over whether Trans Gully is properly finished or not.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    While I fully agree that there may be unknown reasons for these roadworks, I do feel that some of the biggest corruption going on in NZ is some of these roading projects. Take the haywards hill roadworks in the Wellington area. They have been working on this for more than 4 years, about 3 km's of road at most. I go by every 2 months or so and can NEVER work out what the fuck they have done or are doing or even see any meaningful progress. One stretch been dug up at least 7 times now. I don't give a fuck how detailed the project might be, it cannot possibly take this long, and neither can it be efficient to dig up the same stretch over, and over, and over a fuckingain.
    Have to agree. Wtf are they doing there?
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Bike
    86.249 93.398 00.944
    Quote Originally Posted by sugilite View Post
    While I fully agree that there may be unknown reasons for these roadworks, I do feel that some of the biggest corruption going on in NZ is some of these roading projects.
    It does make you wonder, 4 laning around 1km of road near our place took about 2 years, they rebuilt both ends and left a couple of hundred metres unfinished in between, then all the machinery moved to another part that wasn't going to be used for at least another year. In the meantime that left the traffic dodging traffic cones driving on a temporary sealed goat track.

Recent observations would suggest that road works (and many other things) are being run by project managers whose objectives are to come up with plans so convoluted and confusing that nobody else understands them, and make the job take as long as possible therefore maximising the length of their contract.

Gone are the days of an engineer designing something, and giving the plans to someone who knows how to do the job to just get on with it.
    Riding cheap crappy old bikes badly since 1987

Tagorama maps: Transalpers map first 100 tags..................Map of tags 101-200......................Latest map, tag # 201-->

Bike
    09 GSX1400.
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403 View Post
    W-K and the contractors are still arguing over whether Trans Gully is properly finished or not.
    It's certainly rough as guts compared to the new Otaki end !
    Maybe they have just learnt to make a road !!!!Click image for larger version. 

Name:	125253892_10159269607246803_7883069718572533316_n.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	107.1 KB 
ID:	354715

You'd never go hungry with Nigella Gaz.
    If it weren't for flashbacks...I'd have no memory at all..

Bike
    R100GSPD
    I agree re Haywards. This should have been all completed at th same time as T G because of the increase in traffic coming off TG. I went over there yesterday and they are now excavating for the roundabout at Flightys Road. All the work there and the narrow little bridge by the firewood place seems odd

Bike
    1998 Yamaha R1
    Must be the same crowd that are doing the SH2 upgrades at the Mount. That is probably getting on for 10 years now.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk

Bike
    It was on the good
    I'll just put this one here and say a 240km/h wheelie does exhibit a very high level of skill, more than the referenced bullet train driver anyway - speeding-melbourne-motorcyclists.

Bike
    R1200RT LC

A West Australian take on the issue

Nobody think they will crash. So nobody does anything to prevent the crash they don't think they will have.

https://youtu.be/scrixARkrFI

Bike
    GSXR1000
    I do, but then again I have a daily reminder of the fact that I will crash haha.

Bike
    R1200RT LC
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    I do, but then again I have a daily reminder of the fact that I will crash haha.
    Yes, quite the reminder.

Bike
    GSXR1000
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Yes, quite the reminder.
    Other than my children (who are actually only alive because of my accident) it is the best thing to ever happen to me.

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by rastuscat View Post
    Nobody think they will crash. So nobody does anything to prevent the crash they don't think they will have.

https://youtu.be/scrixARkrFI
    When you travel same roads often I counter the boredom by occasionally wargaming in head about if situation x happens here what would I do. There’s sections of road where it may be safe (relative to a head on collision) to go bush tracking at 100k, others where the lay of the land would throw your vehicle back into path of innocent person behind the centre line crosser etc.

I watched that ad and I think once again it falls into the too fancy to capture the target audience. What we need is Rossi or Marquez standing beside a crashed biker whose blaming the road surface or something else and the GP star saying no you crashed because your not as good as you think you are.
    GP star then picks up crashed bike and proceeds to ride the corner successfully, takes dudes bike home and he starts walking….
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Bike
    GSXR1000
    This is one of the best safety ads I have seen (old but gold).

Bike
    Daelim VL250 Daystar
    Quote Originally Posted by onearmedbandit View Post
    This is one of the best safety ads I have seen (old but gold).

Must spread Rep, yes that is the way to get message across. I find the new NZTA cardboard car kinda interesting. It should go one step further give the kind an angle grinder to show how thin modern car panels are.
    And stop talking about crumple zones and crash protection/a cap ratings.its like saying which politician is more trustworthy than another.
    Govt gives you nothing because it creates nothing - Javier Milei

Thread Information