Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: pillion on restricted

Bike
    none for now

pillion on restricted

Today I got a ticket for speeding and a passenger on my restricted licence. The cop was pretty good about it and knocked a fair bit off my speed. Anyway my passenger had a full licence and I was wondering if thats OK much like how in a car you can have a full licence passenger as your supervisor if you're on a restricted.

Bike
    SUZUKI Intruder VL800
    don't think so-different rules for bikes an cars, think you are done bro,sorry

Bike
    Arse Bandit
    Nothing the same. Take it like a man.
    Quote Originally Posted by skidMark View Post
    if you have a face afterwards well... that depends how you act...

Bike
    '06 Honda Fartblood
    Quote Originally Posted by slopster
    The cop was pretty good about it and knocked a fair bit off my speed. Anyway my passenger had a full licence and I was wondering if thats OK much like how in a car you can have a full licence passenger as your supervisor if you're on a restricted.
    Nope. Not like the car ~ in fact I think it says something with regards to that in 'The Book'. You remember the Road Code don't you?

Sounds like you met a very kind officer ~ count yourself lucky this time, eh?
    Keep it rubber-side down...

Bike
    1990 Kawasaki Zxr250
    Nope, just out of luck, doesnt matter.
    In the cage, the "passenger" is spoosed to be able to influence the drive some, habbits ect.
    On the bike it too hard to talk, and if you make a mistake, its too late to do anything about it.
    Just another way to make cages better over motor bikes, will probably the only way.
    Phenoix the bike riding Phoenix.
    For from his crash, he shall rise again.
    And now his Bikes all back together again, YAY

Bike
    Left Jandal
    Not to mention them affecting the little bikes - I tested the idea on a private road. *ahem

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

Arrow Shit happens

learn from it, pay for the ticket and move on dude.
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Bike
    how much for the pillion part of it?
    I only posted this because of the global economic crisis

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries
    Big diff between a pillion on a bike and a passenger in a car.

if/when the poo hit the spinner the pillion can do nought except:
    1) be at risk
    2) reduce your manoeverability
    3) be at risk...

in a car they can advise of upcoming problems, reasonably reach some controls if absolutely needed etc. They don't affect handling of the car (generally... although I can think of a FEW that might... Mr Creosote for example)...

You get the idea.

I'm a fan opf the restrictions on Learner licences. You need to be challenged, so you can learn, you also need a safe environment to do that. I don't think a pillion will help you too much in that respect.
    MDU
    $2,000 cash if you find a buyer for my house, kumeuhouseforsale@straightshooters.co.nz for details

Bike
    none for now
    Yeah fair enough I guess. Got $400 for the pillion + $120 speeding so I guess it was an expensive excercise - but he knocked a lot off my speed so I guess it could have been worse. He didn't record any demerits for the pillion just for the speed so I don't know if those will be put on when I pay. The irony is I was booked in for CBTA full licence this wednesday!

Bike
    2005 Honda CBR600RR
    Yeah fair enough I guess. Got $400 for the pillion + $120 speeding so I guess it was an expensive excercise - but he knocked a lot off my speed so I guess it could have been worse. He didn't record any demerits for the pillion just for the speed so I don't know if those will be put on when I pay. The irony is I was booked in for CBTA full licence this wednesday!
    I think the breach of licence conditions (pillion ticket) comes with an automatic 25 demerit points . Unfortunately, it sounds like this has already affected your course. More the shame.

Bike
    2008 Kettweisel Style.

totally different

Today I got a ticket for speeding and a passenger on my restricted licence. The cop was pretty good about it and knocked a fair bit off my speed. Anyway my passenger had a full licence and I was wondering if thats OK much like how in a car you can have a full licence passenger as your supervisor if you're on a restricted.
    just as it is different driving in one country to the next...
    Those who insist on perfect safety, don't have the balls to live in the real world.

Bike
    BMW K100RT
    sorry but all breaches of your licence carry 25 demerits. so you only need 4 breaches in 2 years and it is good by licence for 3 months.

Bike
    1993 ZZR 600
    Its quite funny cause in Australia its the opposite. You get your learners with just a theory test I just did an extra 5 multiple choice when I converted my NZ license to a Queensland one.

You can then ride only when someone who has had their full license for a certain amount of time is following you in another verhicle or if they are riding pillion!
    ¿Porque no ?

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by jimdaworm
    Its quite funny cause in Australia its the opposite. You get your learners with just a theory test I just did an extra 5 multiple choice when I converted my NZ license to a Queensland one.

You can then ride only when someone who has had their full license for a certain amount of time is following you in another verhicle or if they are riding pillion!
    Those crazy aussies eh?

Thread Information