Thread: NUMB + NUMB = ?

Bike
    Its a Boat

NUMB + NUMB = ?

Thats right, two numbs, in this case my hands ,after about 20kms or so they start, it dosent take long to flick them back into shape but why does this happen and what could i be doing to make it happen?? Some helpful suggestions on why this is happening and how to rectify it would be much appreciated.

Bike
    Royal Enfield 650 & a V8 or two..
    You're riding an iron Harley?

Sometimes it can be 'cos your handle-bars are at the wrong angle and putting pressure on the area of your hand below your 'pinky' (little finger)
    Winding up drongos, foil hat wearers and over sensitive KBers for over 14,000 posts...........
    " Life is not a rehearsal, it's as happy or miserable as you want to make it"

Bike
    Aprilia Shiver 750, Suzuki RG150E
    Is it the buzziness of your machine perhaps?
    Maybe re-gear it for a lower or higher rpm to be out of the "vibes" zone.

"...you meet the weirdest people riding a Guzzi !!..."

Bike
    GSXR600K3
    Grip more with the knees, less with the hands.

It's the blood flow, bro.

If you feel it coming on flex the fingers to get the blood flowing round the fingers; thumbs hooked inder the grips, pinkies pointing forward, flex those pinkies, in, out, in, out etc.

Bike
    06 Transalp
    Blog Entries
    Could be a few things...

RELAX! you don't need to hold the bars that tight. you only need a touch you turn. try slowing down a few kph and see if you still get the problem.

If you let go of your bars at 50kph or 100kph does the front end shake? if so check out your tyres are they in good nick & balenced? is the frame straight?

As scumdog says sort out your bar position (not usually easy with clip on's). Make sure your levers are in a good position, so when in your usual riding position your fingertips are touching the lever and your hands / wrists are in-line.

Are your gloves too tight?
    Motorbike only search
    YOU ONLY NEED TWO TOOLS IN LIFE - CRC AND DUCT TAPE. IF IT DOESN'T MOVE AND SHOULD, USE THE CRC. IF IT SHOULDN'T MOVE AND DOES, USE THE DUCT TAPE

Bike
    Sold

Bike
    97 Yamaha Virago

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Zed

Check out post 21 on that link....
    It could be the start of CTS.

Bike
    Its a Boat
    Cheers guys, read that other link, i have the same riding position as my mates ZX9, he also had the numb thing for about a month or so but no longer, so i guess its cos' i maybe holding on too tight and or the position of my hands needs to straighten up.........Fordy's advice sounds a little ''Richard Simmons'' to me but he may have a point........all good thanxguys

Bike
    None any more
    Start with your gloves. Try a larger size. Pressure on your fingers can contribute to pins-and-needles and other forms of numbness. Then make sure your levers are at the "right" position. Then start fannying around with the bars.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    2000,Ducati 996
    try riding a duke !! its a race between your wrists and arse as to which one goes numb first, i tried a throttle rocker and that helped a little but i took it off after knocking it a couple of times and scaring the shit out of myself as the bike unexpectedly launched foward.
    Born to ride

Thread Information