Thread: Tyre Suggestions

Bike
    2017 XSR900

Tyre Suggestions

Am about to finally fit an 18" rim to my old XR350 (up from a 17"). This will let me have access to a whole lot of decent rear tyres (rather than the piece of crap retread I have right now). I'm looking for recommendations.

I ride mostly at Woodhill and do Greg's rides (Power Adventures), including GNCC.

I've narrowed my selection down to Pirelli MT32 or Michelin S12. Leaning towards the Pirelli.

I currently have a Dunlop D773 on the front that I think is great but have not considered the D773 rear as I think it is a purely soft spec tyre rather than a soft to intermediate like the Pirelli.

Opinions?

Bike
    95 XR
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOman
    ...I currently have a Dunlop D773 on the front that I think is great but have not considered the D773 rear as I think it is a purely soft spec tyre rather than a soft to intermediate like the Pirelli.

Opinions?
    I'm trying a Pirelli Laguna cross MT44?, anyway kind of a cross between a knoblie & a sand padle. Handles quite differently from my last Pirelli Mt32. The 44 is a lot more fun doing slides on the beach. But that maybe a bad thing for some racer types.

Bike
    2017 XSR900
    Quote Originally Posted by XRNR
    I'm trying a Pirelli Laguna cross MT44?, anyway kind of a cross between a knoblie & a sand padle. Handles quite differently from my last Pirelli Mt32. The 44 is a lot more fun doing slides on the beach. But that maybe a bad thing for some racer types.
    Hmm.......found a pic of the tyre and it looks kind of interesting, similar to a MT410. What I did find interesting though is that Pirelli don't list the MT44 on their site

http://www.pirellimoto.com/riding/ri...glio.asp?ID=46

Bike
    2017 XSR900
    Actually looking at the Pirelli data it looks like an MT320 rear might be more suited to my needs i.e predominantly softer stuff with a little bit of intermediate.

Anybody using an MT320?

Bike
    95 XR

Thread Information