Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Honda Shadow reviews/opinions

Bike
    2012 Moto Guzzi Stelvio 8V
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Checkout the Suzuki M50 boulevard (800cc) at Holeshot. They have a demo. Had it twice now as a loaner, looks good, goes ok (injected, but not quite enough poke for me) and seemed pretty good on the gas.
    They look good, but I've said it before, Kawasaki are bringing out the VN900 before long. That has fuel injection, rear disc etc.
    Marty

Ever notice that anyone slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Some time back, I had a test ride of the VT750. Nice bike, but the one I rode had a very annoying CLUNK going from first to second gear. Didn't matter what I tried, it did it, so in the end I stopped using first gear. Only other problem I had is the saddlebag started smouldering because they'd mounted it wrong and it was resting on the muffler.
    I found the 750 a much nicer bike to ride than the only other cruiser I've tried - the VT1100, which was not very nice at all.
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    None right now
    Nah. took the M50 for a spin. wasn't that impressed. the throttle vibrated so much my hand was tinglingwhen I got back and the engine sounded exactly the same as a GSF 500.

My first bike was a Hyosung 125 cruiser. great for the price but the crome rusted just from washing the thing! I don't know if the build quality has changed much over the last few years.

I'm going to test ride a Triumph Speedmaster this weekend from Holeshot. Kinda cruisy. the guy in the shop reckoned it was the same as the America except for twin discs up front etc. etc.

Anyone know if anyone does a cruiser without crome. maybe with stainless steel or brushed aluminium. look just as cool and a whole lot more practicle.

FB
    There is no try. Do, or do not do.

Bike
    ZR750 Kawasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by Fazer Bloke
    Well, I called up about the bike but it had already been sold. turns out they may have another one in any day soon. guy went in with his mate and they both bought 750s. they drove them round over xmas and he decided he wanted a bigger one. so he's trading it in with only 800 odd Ks on the clock. Shit, some people must have too much spare money.

incidentally, any cruiser riders on The Shore that would be interested in meeting up for a couple of jars to talk crome bits?
    Botany Honda has one in right now,I watched em' unpack it on monday.
    Nice looking bike if your into that look.

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    Quote Originally Posted by Fazer Bloke
    Nah. took the M50 for a spin. wasn't that impressed. the throttle vibrated so much my hand was tinglingwhen I got back and the engine sounded exactly the same as a GSF 500.
    Didnt have the vibe problems myself.
    Neglected to mention the farm-bike sound

Bike
    2006, Honda 900 Hornet
    Botany Honda let me take one for a ride. Brand new, not a k on the clock. Interesting about the comment of back problems. Admittedly I suffer a little from this problem but after 10 minutes on a reasonable road, I noticed the slight pain. Hey but I don't have a huge riding experience. I have just got my full, and I am looking at moving from my 250 Hornet up to something similar to the VT750, but also wondering if the cruiser is really the way to go.

Thread Information