Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honda Shadow reviews/opinions

Bike
    None right now

Honda Shadow reviews/opinions

hi guys.

I'm going to take a look at an '05 VT750c this week and was wondering if there were any owner out there that might be able to give me a notes on any known issues or anything to look out for.

The reviews on www.bikez.com seem to be quite favourable but it's always good to get as much info as possible.

Cheers.

FB
    There is no try. Do, or do not do.

Bike
    None right now
    Well, I called up about the bike but it had already been sold. turns out they may have another one in any day soon. guy went in with his mate and they both bought 750s. they drove them round over xmas and he decided he wanted a bigger one. so he's trading it in with only 800 odd Ks on the clock. Shit, some people must have too much spare money.

incidentally, any cruiser riders on The Shore that would be interested in meeting up for a couple of jars to talk crome bits?

Bike
    ST1100
    Personally I think they look like very good value for money - Honda's way of trying to keep the others at bay in that part of the cruiser market. I would budget for some aftermarket pipes though to go with the look.

Are you planning to keep the FZS or is this permanent move over to the dark side?

Bike
    Eeyore
    Nice bike and I love the price.Only problem a workmate had with one was that on long rides he ended up with back trouble but on his old XJ Yam no problems. Beautiful looking bike tho, at a quick glance looked like that american bike. In short might pay to see if they'll let you go for a bit of a cruise on it and see how you feel. Otherwise go for it

Bike
    none
    Quote Originally Posted by ApplicatioNZ
    Personally I think they look like very good value for money - Honda's way of trying to keep the others at bay in that part of the cruiser market.
    Lol sorry mate, but Yamaha has them beat. Better styling, better handeling, better quality and so forth. Suzuki has it's sportsbikes, Yamaha has the cruisers and Hond just gets left in the dust lol.

Sever
    Now and forever
    you're just another lost soul about to be mine again
    see her, you'll never free her
    you must surrender it all
    And give life to me again
    Disturbed - Inside the Fire

Bike
    BMW K75
    incidentally, any cruiser riders on The Shore that would be interested in meeting up for a couple of jars to talk crome bits?[/QUOTE]

check out the Puhoi Hotel

Bike
    None any more
    The 750 Shadow's biggest failing (forgetting about spoked wheels and stupid ignition location) is that it's gutless. If you want a commuter or weekend cruiser that never has to deal with life over 70kmh, buy one.

Nice build quality (apart from the ignition switch placement), nice gearbox. Looks best in red.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    None right now
    Quote Originally Posted by ApplicatioNZ
    Are you planning to keep the FZS or is this permanent move over to the dark side?
    Nah. Selling the Fazer. it's on Trademe for $4,500 if anyone is interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Motig
    In short might pay to see if they'll let you go for a bit of a cruise on it and see how you feel. Otherwise go for it
    Unfortunately the guys on Barry's Point Road don't have a demonstrator and won't even let you start up the new ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Troll
    check out the Puhoi Hotel
    Cheers bro. will do.

Bike
    None right now
    Quote Originally Posted by Waylander
    Lol sorry mate, but Yamaha has them beat. Better styling, better handeling, better quality and so forth. Suzuki has it's sportsbikes, Yamaha has the cruisers and Hond just gets left in the dust lol.
    Maybe, but the Yamaha goes from 650 to 1100. too small and too big respectively. In terms of looks, I don't think there is a lot in it. Price-wise Yamaha's 650 costs the same as Honda's 800.

FB

Bike
    none
    True but then the newer Yamaha 1100s seem a bit under powerd to me, so may be not as big as you think. Unless you were talking about size rather than strength lol.

Sever
    Now and forever

Bike
    None right now
    Too big in terms of engine capacity. whilst they may not be that powerful, I still have to ride it every day. So I'd rather not have a fuel consumption like a Holden to worry about. I'm quite happy with my $15-20 a fortnight for fuel thankyou very much.

FB

Bike
    none
    Lol mine isn't that bad actually. Do about the same as you for commuting.

Sever
    Now and forever

Bike
    2008 Street Bob
    Quote Originally Posted by Fazer Bloke
    hi guys.

I'm going to take a look at an '05 VT750c this week and was wondering if there were any owner out there that might be able to give me a notes on any known issues or anything to look out for.

The reviews on www.bikez.com seem to be quite favourable but it's always good to get as much info as possible.

Cheers.

FB
    Dude, glad to haven'[t bought the Honda yet, get yourself a nice bike, like the Suzuki Volusia or something from the new Boulevard range, if you wants it for weekends and for communting then I can stand testament to a good bike, with good fuel consumption and reliability.

I'm in Long Bay on the shore so if you want to see my bike and have a chin wag over chrome then let me know.

Good luck in your hunt, looking for a bike is loads of fun.....
    I ride the dirt, I ride the tide
    I search the outside, search inside
    I know I'll always burn to be
    Remind me of what left this outlaw torn
    ~ The Outlaw Torn (Metallica: Load 1996)

Bike
    2012 Moto Guzzi Stelvio 8V
    The report on the Hyosung 650 cruiser sounded impressive. I thought that would have been gutless. Maybe you could consider........
    Marty

Ever notice that anyone slower than you is an idiot, but anyone going faster is a maniac?

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    Checkout the Suzuki M50 boulevard (800cc) at Holeshot. They have a demo. Had it twice now as a loaner, looks good, goes ok (injected, but not quite enough poke for me) and seemed pretty good on the gas.

Thread Information