Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ouch! My first bin:o(

Bike
    2008, GSR600K

Ouch! My first bin:o(

Well it had to happen, I have been told that it would happen at some stage and today was my day for my first bin off my bike.

Hmmmmmmm...let me think now who can I blame??? Oh yeah...ME!!!

I'm ok except my little finger on my right hand has puffed up & the finer nail has gone black and it's F%#kin sore! The bike is ok too, just a broken indicator cover. Phew!!

I was going up over Constable St in Newtown, just up over the rise to the 1st round about, it's been raining the last few days, and I braked and slowed down for the roundabout. BUT! You guessed it I put the brakes on too hard & started to slide and then I tried to move the bike over to the left so I didn't rear end the car in front of me and my little beast slid out/tipped over and I ended up in front of her sliding down the road a little. There was a guy in a truck behind me who stopped and another guy who helped me pick the bike up & get it off the road as well. I got back on & rode home (after checking that nothing was leaking or anything).

I think it was me trying to change the direction of the bike that made it fall over b/c the back tyre was sliding more than the front so I was sorta sliding sideways.

When I got home & took my glove off I felt really faint and had to sit down on the pavement for about 10 minutes. Very weird feeling!

I hope I can get my glove on to ride tomorrow!!!
    My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am.

Bike
    Triumph Sprint ST
    Sorry to hear that CSL, but glad you're ok.

Bike
    None
    Blog Entries
    Bugger!

That's No.1 out of the way. Go to the doctor. The faint feeling was shock. If you've broken a finger there is zilch they can do, but you may want to get checked out anyway.

Adrenalin does weird things. Go to the doctor. Just for a check up.
    If a man is alone in the woods and there isn't a woke Hollywood around to call him racist, is he still white?

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Dude! Sorry to hear that.

It's good that you're able to annalize it and see what the cause was though. This is the best way of ensuring the same doesn't happen to you again.

Hope the finger's OK soon.

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Oh, bummer dude(ette)

Yeah, I suppose it pretty much was gonna happen sooner or later given that you're commuting and don't have the luxury of picking fine Sundays to ride on, etc. Might be a good opportunity to look at your tyres and figure out whether you can afford to upgrade, even if they're not worn out. Depends on whether you have good or not-so-great ones on at the moment, what's available for your bike's rim sizes etc. Sticky tyres with good wet performance may have saved you. Maybe.

Funny about the fingers, innit. Only bit of me that hurt after my second bin was the thumb on my left hand (wot I landed on). Of course the compressed vertebra started kicking in very painfully a day or so after the fact...

Anyways, hope the finger GWS, take it easy.

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Ouch. Those little learning lessons are a bummer.

Glad to hear you got out of it okay. But serously, get checked out.

I walked around for four days with broken ribs convincing myself I was just a bit sore.

Your body tells you silly things. And believe it or not, its quite easy to break it.
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Glad it wasn't a major. Could be a good time with winter approaching and the pain still fresh to see if you can afford a really really really sticky front tyre.

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    Sounds like you did well avoiding any other vehicles - you should always take a breather for a little while afterwards to allow the shock to settle and give everything a shake to make sure no major injuries.

Don't worry, if you are riding a bike regularly there are likely to be more.........
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    2011 Yamaha xvs1100
    I'm glad ur OK CSL
    stuff happens ay, I know.... been forbidden to have any more misadventures by the Mrs.
    Hope you didn't hit your head (check ur helmet for dings) can cause delayed concusion. If you still feel faint or heady go to the doc just to be safe.
    Gordon
    "I think men who have a pierced ear are better prepared for marriage.
    They've experienced pain and brought jewelry." - Rita Rudner
    A man is only as big as the dreams he dares to live

Bike
    1999 Suzuki SV650S
    Ouch!
    I'm glad it wasn't serious.
    Get well soon.

Bike
    2007 Suzuki GSX-R600
    sorry to read of your first bingle, but pleased you're here to tell us about it.
    keep your chin up!
    Team Brehaut Racing - VMCC/MNZ #67
    supported by Team Brehaut Racing, GARAGE Espresso, TSS Red Baron, Walker & McLuskie Ltd, Porirua Auto Crash Repairs,
    Jackson Van Interiors, Super Save Cars, Supreme Screens Ltd, & Slotmedia.co.nz

Bike
    07 R1

take your medicine...

Hi Cath,

Kia kaha girl. Take your broth, get good sleeps and get back on your bike tomorrow.

Always gotta take care of the pinky finger (tis my nose picker don't ya know...)

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    Sorry to hear. But at least your first wasn't your last which is always a good thing.

Bike
    1994 hONDA VT250 Cruiser

glad your ok

sorry to hear about your spill,glad your ok,and your beast,hope to still see you on sundays ride,take care .

Bike
    93 fireblade
    I was out on the bike in the rain last night too.. had a bit of an encounter with some paint on the road

Good to hear you didn't do any major damage tho!

Thread Information