Thread: Stupid motorcyclists!

Stupid motorcyclists!

Car,bike pedestrian - when I'm on the road I keep my eye out for dick heads,you just gotta be allert.I never believe indicators,I wait till I see the actual turn initiated or am at least positive of their intentions.

So this morning at my first major intersection waiting as a whole line of cars go down the road,waiting for the gap to squeeze as many cars into - here comes a bike with his left turn indicator on,when this happens there is a mad dash to get as many into the stream as possible....but I wait - and he sails on through,a big cruiser,Vulcan I'd say.Car drivers are sheep,and because I dithered so did the car next to me.

Shit,one of those things stuck in the side of my mother in laws car would of been nasty - I coulda got hurt....oh that dickhead on the bike mighta bin in a bad way too.

Look to your own saftey out there...OK?
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    2004 GSXR600 / 1989 K75 BMW
    Isn't it the most common mistake riders make.. Leaving the turn signal going after the turn...... I'm in the habit of resetting the turn signals every few minutes around town, just incase I forgot at the last corner.

Look after yourselves cause no-one else will !!!
    Not even with yours!!!

Bike
    Tyre Shredder
    I have noticed that as well i see a lot of bikes where the indicator has been left on, very disconcerting. If a anyone does it i try tell them if possible.

Bike
    ZR750 Kawasaki
    Another one for the here today gone tomorrow list.
    The ride with the Triumph owners club was the first time I've had the pleasure of riding with big cruisers.Would be better off in a car I reckon.
    At lest your can look at it like this.If he hit you he wouldn't be going fast.
    Not if there was a corner anywhere close anyway.

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by duckman
    Isn't it the most common mistake riders make.. Leaving the turn signal going after the turn...... I'm in the habit of resetting the turn signals every few minutes around town, just incase I forgot at the last corner.

Look after yourselves cause no-one else will !!!
    Me too! My heart-stopping moment came when a cager, who was in the lane to my left, turned in front of me to claim a car park. Their excuse was that my right-turn indicator was going (which was true)...
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    'o6 Spewzooki Banned it.
    Would the accident have been the riders fault if the cage driver said, I didn't see you?
    BTW, case law says that it is not a defence if you fail to give way because a driver is indicating a turn, you have to make certain that he is actually going to turn as indicated.
    Lou

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher
    Me too! My heart-stopping moment came when a cager, who was in the lane to my left, turned in front of me to claim a car park. Their excuse was that my right-turn indicator was going (which was true)...
    What pisses me of is the people who uey in front of you "coz your indicator was on" when you haven't even stood the bike back up from the last corner, the one where oy uturned onto the road.

Bike
    CB1300
    Having said that I am responsible for over indicating
    Quite regularly.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    What happened to self-cancelling indicators? My GS has those and its over 20 years old! (and they're quite smart - there is a switch in the speedo so at lower speeds, think its about 50k, they cancel after a certain time, but over that speed, they cancel after a certain distance)
    If they could do that 20 years ago, then with todays electronics it shouldn't be too hard, or penalise the bike with too much weight
    Last edited by pete376403; 5th April 2004 at 20:26. Reason: got the bikes age wrong
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    None
    My mate somewhat does that still, he's way better now
    But then again could happen to anyone.

lol anywayz here he is buzzing along on his GN125 and me behind hooting and waving try to tell him that he's left his left signal on classic

-Indy
    Hey, kids! Captain Hero here with Getting Laid Tip 213 - The Backrub Buddy!

Find a chick who’s just been dumped and comfort her by massaging her shoulders, and soon, she’ll be massaging your prostate.

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by pete376403
    What happened to self-cancelling indicators? My GS has those and its over 20 years old! (and they're quite smart - there is a switch in the speedo so at lower speeds, think its about 50k, they cancel after a certain time, but over that speed, they cancel after a certain distance)
    If they could do that 20 years ago, then with todays electronics it shouldn't be too hard, or penalise the bike with too much weight
    I think this may be why I keep forgrtting them. my first two years were on a yamaha with self canncellers.

Thread Information