Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: God this pisses me

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    When i see people selling 1988 -89 -90 year old bikes for 4 grand+ is just a joke, specially for the japas. I mean, do they WANT to sell the bike? or are they just dangling it on the market waiting for some retard to rock around in a IHC taxi van and give them cash. its like man they are 14 years old!!! Then i hear the owners saying, "Awww but they still look so pretty!"

my gripe for today, thx for listening! :>
    Mate, you obviously havn't been following the prices of bikes for long- this has been the case for years. Personally I think some of these bikes are worth the prices asked for them...look at the horrendous prices of bicycles these days!!!

Dude, if this issue makes your blood boil you better give up on the prospect of ever buying a house!

Ps. Using "God" in your title alongside "pisses" is just bad language kid.

Zed

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dog
    Either way you are
    Lol who would you rather had your money the finance man or no-one

Bike
    Aprilia SXV 450
    zed stick to the topic please.

And nice advise jack i'll just chill and wait for a bargain. checking out this 91 CBR250RR on the weekend hopefuly, see what becomes of it.
    hi =>

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket
    zed stick to the topic please.

And nice advise jack i'll just chill and wait for a bargain. checking out this 91 CBR250RR on the weekend hopefuly, see what becomes of it.
    Oh since you said please- ok.

But I did make some contribution to the topic kid!

Zed

Bike
    99 cr125
    Hey im not complaining, i just sold my 92' zxr to a guy in ChCh totally sight unseen for $4500!

Look out of the square - if you want what is trendy,well,you'll just have to pay for it.
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Manx TT by Sega
    Quote Originally Posted by DevilWTKC
    Rocket: Remember, although the price is up now, it'll still be up when it comes time to sell it and move onto a bigger bike. No huge depreciation happening here (unless you munt it!), so dont worry about it.
    Yup......unless the exchange rate kills bike prices.....given most of our 250's are imported....

Bike
    97 CRM 250 AR
    There's one thing I still don't understand, if the demand is so high for these 250's, why aren't the manufacturers (excluding Suzuki) cashing in on it and pumping these machines out? As things stand the manufacturers see nothing because they're all secondhand.

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    Honda and Kawasaki both have NZ new 250s available. Price is horrible but it is an alternative.

I will always buy Suzukis because of their back up on parts and service. But each to their own.
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    BMW R65LS, part time R75 old fart rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu
    Look out of the square - if you want what is trendy,well,you'll just have to pay for it.
    Good call... however its hard to find a good non-sports bike at all, let alone a cheap deal..... still these things come along... picked up a CB250RS for a friend for $150, with a broken cam chain guide (as it turned out). Total cost will be nearly $700 to get it on the road excluding the years rego that has to be paid
    Queiro voya todo Europa con mi moto.... pero no tengo suficiente tiempo o dinero.....

Bike
    BMW R65LS, part time R75 old fart rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost Lemur
    I know exactly what you mean. I'm saving for a bike and so watching prices closely, and can't believe the amount some people are asking. Particularly for zxr250's it seems.

So at this stage I might end up going through to my full without a bike, just saving. Then I can by-pass these overpriced 250's all together. On the otherhand larger bikes seem to be a lot better/more sensibily priced.
    SO you negotiate with them... you have what they want, money. You dont need *their* bike, therefore you are at an advantage. My first bike I bought for $650 (could have been less but I thought $650 was a cheeky enough offer for an advertised $900 bike - accepted without hesitation). Find the right seller and bargain as hard as you can. Advertised prices are often inflated or hopeful.
    Queiro voya todo Europa con mi moto.... pero no tengo suficiente tiempo o dinero.....

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5
    Don't know where you get the idea that bigger bikes are more reasonably priced. I was f*cken luckly to pick-up up the 1990 CBR1000F for $4200, the shops were try to sell me the same for $6500-7000+.

At least the new Suzuki 250 prices are good. Least than $6500 for the GSX250 (not bad bike ether). Try buying a new big bike for that!
    New Zealand......
    The Best Place in the World to live if ya Broke

"Whole life balance, Daniel-San" ("Karate Kid")

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui ( Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure)
    DON'T RIDE LIKE YA STOLE IT, RIDE TO SURVIVE.

Bike
    '07 GSX750F
    Wait, look around, start to look around and know what's what. I waited till after my learning period as I always wanted a 600-750 cc and a 250 that would have suited was the same if not more.

Keep an eye on trade-me, most of the bikes are overpriced, hence the lack of bids on most auctions, but once in a while a gem comes along. My GPZ 600 was advitiset at 9.30, I tried from 10 until 2 before I talked to the owner, saw it at 5 and owned it by 6.

Bike
    CB1300
    Quote Originally Posted by Posh Tourer :P
    Advertised prices are often inflated or hopeful.
    when I sell any vehicle I advertise so that a 20 percent discount is what I need to get eg if I need $800 advertise for $1000. Occasionaly you get lucky and they don't want to negotiate and pay full price. Most dealerships do the same.

When negotiating be prepared to walk... literally. If you get up and start to leave and they can do the deal you want they will stop you. If not they will make a counter offer. Ps if you want a position of strength make sure both of you are seated when you start to negotiate.

Bike
    BICYCLE
    I was quite happy to pay $3000.00 for my 1990 (or 91 cant remember) CBR250R

Learnt to ride got my licence etc 18 months to 2 years later
    I sold it for ....$3000.00
    Quote Originally Posted by scumdog
    getting a speeding ticket is far from my mind as it is unlikely to kill me..

Thread Information