View Poll Results: Would you ride to parliment to support change in the ACC levy laws for bikes,

Voters
57. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

44 77.19%
  • No

13 22.81%
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike protest at parlimant ground,,, Would you come,,

Bike
    2001 XJR1300

Bike protest at parlimant ground,,, Would you come,,

Hello fellow bikers, Im wondering if we had the numbers on parliment grounds could we put pressure on the government to reduce ACC levies on our registration and many other problems associated with motorcycling. Im wondering if there are many people that woud join the cruisade, Please feel free to comment. This is just to get a feel of numbers.

Bike
    99 RSV Matte Mille, Bus 150 & 121
    Edit to read 'bike protest'
    "If life gives you a shit sandwich..." someone please complete this expression

Bike
    2011 Kawasaki ZX-14 "Monster"
    Quote Originally Posted by skelstar
    Edit to read 'bike protest'
    I agree, although the typo did catch my eye, otherwise I wouldn't have read the post at all...
    There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there? -Clerks

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries
    Been done, fuck all good it did.

Bike
    2011 Kawasaki ZX-14 "Monster"
    um, to the actual message though, would come, but it's a wee bit too far (being in Hamilton on a learner's and everything), hope the protest works out well...
    There's nothing more exhilarating than pointing out the shortcomings of others, is there? -Clerks

Bike
    2001 XJR1300
    only a short hop from hamilton, I had a conversation with one of the members of this group half an hour ago and we came to the dicision that to winge does bugger all, We need to get togeather as a group to make change within the motorcycle arena, If no one is willing to step up or put pressure on this government nothing will change i can guarentee that. We pay way to much for bikes to be on the road and its time for a change.

Bike
    fire breathin ginja ninja
    edit the post, down the bottom are options for a poll. add a poll, and that'll help with the numbers.

like spank touches on, i do wonder what good it'll do. but don't try, don't get. and i'm willing to try

Bike
    2001 XJR1300
    spankme, That dosnt tell me if you would be there or not, The last one was done 10-15 years ago, Long time has passed since then,

Bike
    2001 XJR1300
    cheers bugjuice

Bike
    no probs..

is it just the acc levies tho? I thought it started off on the way we're testing for our license etc. Granted, there'd be a knock-on effect. A plan needs to be put into place in the bigwigs place, to make the changes effective

Bike
    2001 XJR1300
    Yes i aggree but if we start with something that is unfair in the extreem we may get a better result, once there is a win in place it will be more likely to inforce change.

Bike
    actually, I just had to fork out for the bike and for the car rego for the year.

Bike = $250 and a few cents
    Car = $200 ' '

Bike
    2001 XJR1300
    Yea i know the feeling i have 2 bikes and a scooter. costs a small fortune,

Bike
    whats the big deal with paying ACC levies, stop bitching and get on with it. Once you have a half decent accident, you will start to appreciate how little you actually contribute to ACC through your rego. a couple of hundred dollars a year is hardly much, i bet most people pay double that on private health insurance in a year and barely use it.
    complain about gas prices, helmet duty or licence issues but fuck, with out ACC, alot of bikers would be a lot worse off, myself included.
    Cibby play thing

Bike
    2001 XJR1300
    Yea im sure you have crashed alot, thats why you are happy to pay, The reality is cars crash into bikes. 80 percent of bike acicdents are caused by car drivers, and we pay more than cars for registration is this fair,,,,, I think not. This would be the start not the finish of something, If you read above you will se that there are many different problems associated with bikes, We can only start with one,

Thread Information