Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: The most thrilling bike

Bike
    2004/vn1600b-mean streak/ KLR650..09
    Quote Originally Posted by DEATH_INC.
    Just outta interest the guy who owned it wasn't richard by any chance?
    I can.t remember who owned before me,I was the second,my name is Rod, but that does ring a bell,the first owner had a Busa with the ZXR as well and draged the ZXR,then I got it at 3000ks, had it for about 4000ks then got what I hav now.He was also from up north like Whangarae.

Bike
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEATH INC

Bike
    [QUOTE=DEATH_INC.]Just outta interest the guy who owned it wasn't richard by any chance?[/QUOT
    Whats it like having a turbo ,was it stock and how realiable is it,is it quick like a powerband or does it come on all the time?

Bike
    '87 CR500, '10 RM144
    It was pretty stock when I got it,nowhere near it now.....It's fairly reliable,never let me down as far as getting home goes,but I tend to pull it apart fairly often to play with things....
    Stock the power is much like a two-stroke,comes in with a nice surge at around 3500rpm,now it's like being kicked up the rear by a horse....it winds up to 6500ish quite leisurely,then in about 500rpm goes from 60 odd hp to about 160 ,in either of the first 2 gears the front looks straight at the sky almost instantly,in third you can control it but it reaches redline almost before you can react,fourth it'll actually accelerate controllably,but you've still gotta keep your weight well forward if you wanna keep the front down and fifth is almost normal except for the rate of acceleration,and it'll still come up occasionally......that's a run through the gears as near as I can remember it...it'll bring the front up in third and fourth if you accelerate from off boost too.....
    It's really hard to describe,it's just a huge rush then it's time to change gears....I spose if you rode along at 30-40 k's on a 750 pulled the clutch in and revved it to redline then dumped it you may get some idea what it's like coming on boost...
    Drew for Prime Minister!

www.oldskoolperformance.com

www.prospeedmc.com for parts ex U.S.A ( He's a Kiwi! )

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by murhf3
    Thats me old bike mate, Hey when did u ride it,or did you own it, she sure was a buzz,it just didn.t like going under 160 round town and it would lift at each bloody lite, think its got a mind of its own, like that car Christine [movie]
    I rode it when a mate was test riding it out of Trever Perce's he ended up buying a Busa. At the time the bike had a very eratic idle (very un nerving) but it turned out to be a nackered PC unit. The Guy that has it now is stoked with it I do remember his story about you and ya ticker, ya one year older than me..... scary shit thats for real.
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    bucket FZR/MB100
    Interesting that Death's bike is so "on-off" with the power. Mine is like a big pussycat. Let the clutch out at 1200rpm and accelerate away. Boost gauge twitches at 3,500rpm, boosts pretty hard at 4,000 but all controllable with the throttle. Anything over 5,000rpm or so it's all to do with the throttle, boost just follows it. Bigger motor (1075cc), stock (mild) cams, and methanol obviously helps. I've had the motor bigger but went smaller for reliabilty in the block/sleeve/piston area. The big motors were monsters down low. The first one made 70kw@4000rpm on petrol on the dyno. It wasn't strapped down properly so that's as far as we went. On methanol the 1166cc motors would easily hold the front up in the first couple of gears using about 4000rpm.

The funny thing is how few people actually believe me when I explain what it's like in top gear. Even with 15:27 (15:35 is stock Z1) gearing it screams toward red line. I have a 16T front sprocket but I'd need a Looooooonnnggg bit of road to use it, + time and money to freshen the motor yadda yadda yadda etc etc. Sadly it'll probably never get used.

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerous
    What is the most thrilling bike you have owned or ridden?
    Mine would be the Honda CX500 Turbo that I had for 3yrs before the 1100i sport (which would be the second choice)
    Well........ after todays wee ride of 200 odd k's to Akaroa I figgered I had beter up date my 1st post in this thread.

BUELL XB12R Firebolt Man what a awesome wee bike, I have ridden it several times but not all that far.
    So this was a decent ride and god its the type of bike that just has ya grinning.

At Idle the XB bobbles around a lot which would have you think its a vibratie ride but once moving it would be one of the most smothest bikes I have ridden.
    Around town after 15min you start feeling a bit jelly like you know the feeling like when ya getting pissed... just like that.

Out on the open rd its a differant bike not good wind protection but hell, at the speed limit its fine.
    The power is all down low and once in the higher gears man it hauls some serious arse, in the lower gears it tends to wheelie real easy (love passing cars in the hills on one) but hits the rev limeter very easy.

Handling is wicked, you dont really need to hang off this bike as it just corners so easy..... it loves it, and pulls like a school boy on exiting.... the brakes altho only a single disc but a inside out jobbie... are sweet, the feel isent all that great but you pull that leaver in and by christ you stop with no standing up in the corners either.

Summery........ bugger it its equal with the CX turbo's as far as thrilling goes, its like riding a silky smooth XR600 with a shit load of grunt and the best sound a bike can emit.... its awesome a bike to ride, a bike that is differant to any other I've ridden, a bike that sums up motorcycling..... Bloody good FUN =

Big thanks to Rashika for the bike for the day, she was hard at work while I was hard at play

This bike has a costom paint job resembling the HD race colours, factory race kit (replacment ECU, air filter & exhaust system/ twin out lets in polished alloy)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0287xx.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	84.4 KB 
ID:	23719   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0294xx.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	69.8 KB 
ID:	23720   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0298xx.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	23721   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0686xx.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	23722  
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    So you'll have the Buell and Rashika the Guzzi this weekend then?

I never saw this thread before so I'll put my 2 cents worth in. The most thrilling bike I've ridden would have to be my current bike ZZR1100), the acceleration, the speed, and the induction roar - absolutely fan-fuken-tastic

Bike
    2012 Victory Vegas Zach Ness

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by dangerous
    What is the most thrilling bike you have owned or ridden?
    Mine would be the Honda CX500 Turbo that I had for 3yrs .... What’s your most thrilling bike ride been?
    Hi
    Well I'm going to show my age a bit here but say the Kawasaki 500 H 1 Mach III.
    In 1972 I was riding a nice Honda CB350 and a mate wanted me to look at a bike he was interested in buying. Yes it was the Kawasaki so I took it for a test ride.
    Okay I thought let see what this thing can do..
    Hitting the power band in 3rd gear the front wheel seemed to lift with no effort, the frame flexed on bends and the brakes were shit.
    After hitting the ton two up in Mt Victoria Tunnel,(sometime later) then wondering if you can then stop in time, how can I ever forget that machine!!
    (Ps my mate went against my advise & bought the bike. )
    I too would just love to ride the Honda CX500 Turbo.
    cheers

Bike
    2008 ducati 848

killer Kawasakis

Most thrilling must be my Mach IVs had one (purple) brand new , then a CB750 , saw the light and bought Second Mach IV (gold) , they wheelied like crazy . hold a special place in my heart , will not be forgotten

Bike
    Katanasaurus Rex
    Well I'm happy to say I own the most thrilling bike from my memory.

I loved the Katana from the second I saw it and haven't waivered since.

Bike
    So old you won't care
    Most thrilling bike? 1939 Norton International built to factory race rep levels... Thrilling? Imaging passing a CB400F on it at an indicated 105mph on 20inch rims... AWESOME

Scary bike? Hagon 500cc grasstracker... fark You could pick it up and it made maybe 50bhp

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    WOW a 13yr thread dredge... awesome keep it comming LOL
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    2000 Ducati 996S MY01
    Bump of the year, huh?

I can't think of a bike I've not been able to satisfyingly thrill myself on.. I guess it depends on where and how I'm wanting to be thrilled
    2001 Ducati 996S || 2008 Yamaha CygnusX
    FaceBrick

Bike
    RZ496/Street 765RS/GasGas/ etc etc
    Blog Entries
    Heck of a dredge.

Most scary ?

Well I was pretty worried about being seen on a CX500 custom.
    Don't you look at my accountant.
    He's the only one I've got.

Thread Information