Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Stopping

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by swanny
    YES.

Will you pay for my Gas? is that the Prize?

Can we make it more challenging and create a rule that you must complete it within a 12 hour period, maybe 10?
    Loser pays for all the gas. 12 hours is good to complete. Are you getting the bit about one fuel stop on a factory-standard bike?
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Pushie .....
    When by myself..... only when I need gas...... 300- 320 kms.

More regular when riding with a ducati 999R and the 12 ltr tank...... or out for a group fang ..... at tricky corners and coffee shops.

Cheers
    On Time .... In Spec .... On Budget .... Yeah Right!

Bike
    justsomebike
    400 - 500km from my tank, a solid 430 - 450 if I keep it under 7,500 RPM
    You gotta be kidding........

I've had my bike stall and die at 181 kms on one Coro Loop ride forcing me to stop and turn it to reserve...... I thought the bike had broken down for a moment.

Bike
    None
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher
    Loser pays for all the gas. 12 hours is good to complete. Are you getting the bit about one fuel stop on a factory-standard bike?
    YES.

According to wises it is roughly 850 Kilometers from Wellington to Whangarei.

It'll take some very conservative riding (pulling clutch in on long down hill straights, etc.) 5th gear as much as possible, keeping around or under 7,000 RPM but I think this is possible.

I average 380 - 400km a tank going for it, however I've got 430 - 450km from a tank. I reckon 500km is possible if I get a tune/service, etc and very conservatively ride.

It is a stock 2006 Hyosung GT 250R, 27HP, 17 LTR tank, 21NM of torque and weights 155KG's dry and I weight 115KG's.

If my calculations are correct, I'll roll into Whangarei on petrol fumes.

CORRECTION: 823KM's according to Wises, not 850KM's... If there are too many hills I might loose the bet.

Bike
    Pushie .....
    YES.

According to wises it is roughly 850 Kilometers from Wellingto to Whangarei.

It'll take some very conservative riding (pulling clutch in on long down hill straights, etc.) 5th gear as much as possible, keeping around or under 7,000 RPM but I think this is possible.

I average 380 - 400km a tank going for it, however I've got 430 - 450km from a tank. I reckon 500km is possible if I get a tune/service, etc and very conservatively ride.

It is a stock 2006 Hyosung GT 250R, 27HP, 17 LTR tank, 21NM of torque and weights 155KG's dry and I weight 115KG's.

If my calculations are correct, I'll roll into Whangarei on petrol fumes.
    ride the other way ...... it is down hill ..... more of a chance to roll in to Welly ........

Bike
    None
    Who in Wellington can put me up for the night?

I'll do your dishes and shit but can't affoard to pay you cos' I need to save. I can also cook canned soup and anything that you can put in a microwave.

I'm not really sociable, quite boring really, don't say much.

A lawn will do or a garage /somewhere safe to keep my bike is all I really need as I have a tent and don't mind staying in that.

Bike
    Pushie .....

I'll do your dishes and shit but can't affoard to pay you cos' I need to save. I can also cook canned soup and anything that you can put in a microwave.

I'm not really sociable, quite boring really, don't say much.

A lawn will do or a garage /somewhere safe to keep my bike is all I really need as I have a tent and don't mind staying in that.
    But are you toilet trained? .......

Bike
    All of them
    I'll put it in Kiwi Rider and do you a 3 month subscription if you can do it.
    Not dissing it - but my concern is that your 250 qualifies as a sprotsbike - my feeling is that needs 600cc or better?

Bike
    None
    Nah, 250cc is sports bike, it looks like one, has bling USB forks, rear mono shock (although its really quite shit) and it has fairings.

If someone wants to pay cash difference on a trade in on my GT 250R for a 650R I reckon I could do it on that based on the research I've done on their engines, fuel mileage capabilities, etc.

Anyway, I just want to go for a ride and not have to pay for Gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Titanium
    But are you toilet trained? .......
    Yes.

I was raised to piss off the deck or in the garden. Using the toliet just made more work for mum.

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Depends on the trip, i quite often dont stop until the tank is empty.But if time allows i prefer to stop every 80k's of twisties or every 100 on the open.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave
    my feeling is that needs 600cc or better?
    To be honest with you, the fastest average speed (i.e. average of the riding i did ALL the time) was back on my RG those many years ago.
    Lost the most demerit points on that bike too. Almost lost my license 4 times in 3 years (but cops were nice too me).
    I'd guess my average on that 150cc bike was about 150kph, which isnt too bad considering your suppose to do 50 in town.
    955i my average was about 130ish.
    ZXR was about 140ish.
    GB was about 80ish
    TS was about 20ish
    FZ so far has been about 120ish but im adjusting to the bike still
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    All of them
    Quote Originally Posted by avgas
    FZ so far has been about 120ish but im adjusting to the bike still

Or maybe just getting smarter.

Bike
    None
    Hitcher, when is a date that suites you? Weekends are best for me.

Maybe 15/15'th of this month.

Bike
    None any more
    Maybe first we should have a poll to determine whether or not a Hyosung GT250 is a "sprotsbike" in the spirit of the challenge?
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    TF125
    Spare double bed and locked garage here for ya bro (Lower Hutt). You can even have the cat to keep ya warm, watch out for the catbreath though. Heck, my ZZR1100 has a pretty big tank (27l?) I wouldn't fancy my chances, it's a long time to restrain yer right wrist flexation.

Thread Information