Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Touring the South Island

Bike
    RF900 /cbr1100xx/GAS GAS 250
    just updated the map, if anyone wants to see.
    www.apdnz.co.nz/biketrip.html
    its Crazy Big Al but if your have lesbian fantasies you can read it crazy bi gal if you like!

Bike
    2009 Ducati Streetfighter
    Instead of going back to Nelson way fm. Takaka do the 61k's from Motueka To Kohatu, awesome Rd

Bike
    Sold
    Hi Al, don't go to Te Anau without going up to Milford Sound for a ride, it's gotta be up there with some of the best rides in the world!

Spectacular at any time of the year, just ride up and back, it's only 120km each way. Cheers John.

PS: If not spectacular, it is at least different but watch out for the bloody buses, they are a pain in the arse.

Bike
    I have to second Johns suggestion of going into Milford, the road is absolutely stunning. Its one road to take your time on and have a look around, good to stop and let the Keas come hassle yu.

Bike
    id love to, just dont know if we will get time. i had planned to do it as maybe a side trip if we get the time.

Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post
    Hi Al, don't go to Te Anau without going up to Milford Sound for a ride, it's gotta be up there with some of the best rides in the world!

Spectacular at any time of the year, just ride up and back, it's only 120km each way. Cheers John.

PS: If not spectacular, it is at least different but watch out for the bloody buses, they are a pain in the arse.
    its Crazy Big Al but if your have lesbian fantasies you can read it crazy bi gal if you like!

Bike
    will do!
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    Instead of going back to Nelson way fm. Takaka do the 61k's from Motueka To Kohatu, awesome Rd

Bike
    TLS/R
    Is there still a petrol supply at the other end for those of us with bikes that do 220km per tank? I remember people saying you have to be at a shop at lunchtime and give a secret handshake?

Quote Originally Posted by oldrider View Post

Bike
    there is gas in milford, one of the most expensive pumps in NZ! 220k! thats what you get for buying a twin! i get 300+ easy

Quote Originally Posted by brent_b View Post
    Is there still a petrol supply at the other end for those of us with bikes that do 220km per tank? I remember people saying you have to be at a shop at lunchtime and give a secret handshake?

Bike
    Big, black and slow
    I've never been to the South Island. There's no bridge so it can't be too interesting.

Finn from Auckland.

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybigal View Post
    just updated the map, if anyone wants to see.
    www.apdnz.co.nz/biketrip.html
    Kewl trip... heaps of good roads... You will enjoy the glenorchy road, and a few of the passes roads...

I will be waiting for your pm when yah get here to dunners... will out the kettle on....

Bike
    Sold
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    I've never been to the South Island. There's no bridge so it can't be too interesting.

Finn from Auckland.
    When you do, there will be bands playing, marching girls, (From Timaru of course) wild celebrations on into the night and you will "feel the love" like you have never felt before. The South awaits the Finn! Cheers John.

Bike
    the hookers are free!

Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post

Finn from Auckland.

Bike
    yeah glenorchy is a great rd when its not slipped out or road works!
    i used to zip out there in my subaru and back when i was board or ride my mtb out to bobs cove. that hill is a killer! crown range on a super motard bike! now that would be fun!

Quote Originally Posted by NighthawkNZ View Post
    Kewl trip... heaps of good roads... You will enjoy the glenorchy road, and a few of the passes roads...

I will be waiting for your pm when yah get here to dunners... will out the kettle on....

Bike
    well were off on the 2am ferry!
    will take heaps of photos and write up a good story!
    later gators!

Bike
    2000 Honda CBR600F4, RG50/GL145 Bucket
    Quote Originally Posted by crazybigal View Post
    so i guess im lookin for advise on those little tucked away places no one goes to that are real scenic gems!.
    Well looking at the map just makes me want to go too ... the only bit I can see that you've missed which I hear is pretty cool is between Reefton/springfield/Hamner Springs.

From your plan, that would be a detour just to do it ... but that's what biking is all about ain't it?

Thread Information