Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Bike Help

Bike
    None sold my nifty 50 and saving 4 a gn

New Bike Help

Hi all as some of you may know I'm looking for a cheap reliable 250cc bike or under and would like your opinions on some that i have found on trade me thanks for your help
    Hond vt250f
    RG250
    SR250
    or the
    FXR150

Now I'm a bit apprehensive about the RG250 as I've heard the quite powerful and although I would like something fast I know as soon as I hit the tarmac I'd start to regret it.

Keep in mind that i'm 6'1 and still rapidly growing as I'm only 15 and I Mainly need it for commuting from Johnsonville to Town preferebly via the motorway.

oh yeah and a bit off topic but does anyone know where the cheapest/best place to get my BHS would be in Wellington and some prices would be nice I've searche dthe forums and found one thread but that was just about one place thanks.

I would go for the FXR.

It's a later model bike, it's an easy bike to ride, it will have more power than you are used to and its fairly cheap to keep on the road...

Only thing against it is - you will most probably out grow it faster than the other options.

Bike
    2 black ones..black is alway's good
    Quote Originally Posted by Sea Bass
    oh yeah and a bit off topic but does anyone know where the cheapest/best place to get my BHS would be in Wellington and some prices would be nice I've searche dthe forums and found one thread but that was just about one place thanks.

Try Andrew at http://www.roadsafe.co.nz/

You find a number of KB'ers on here that went through them and fully recommend them. I for one cannot recommend them enough.
    I'm only wearing black until they develop something darker

We came, We listened, And in one voice we answered
    BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!! BULLSHIT!!

Bike
    Thanks both of you for your quick replys I definately like the styling of the FXR and RG much better than the others but thats not my biggest concern. Oh and any idea on what the prices are for the course as I can't seem to find it on the site thanks.

Hmm, I see you have added your height... the FXR might be little cramped, but I dont see the RG being any better tho.

Bike
    Yeah well I was riding a honda nifty fifty for a while which was just ridiculous

Bike
    Suzuki GSX1400 K5

no no no no no no no no NO!

DON'T take anyone's advice when buying a bike. (Except mine)
    TAKE LOTS OF TEST RIDES!
    Don't go into a shop with any preconceptions.
    Ride EVERY bike you can get your arse on!

Only way to go.

(I got the same advice a bit over a year ago and ignored it initially, wasted a lot of time looking at bikes which were, in retrospect, all wrong for me!!!!

Bike
    Anything but the RG. You dont want the maintenance (Looks well and truly fucked anyway). A well looked after Honda MC16 NSR would be your best bet for a stroker.

My choice out of those bikes would be the FXR150. Don't hurry yourself I've seen better deals.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Aitch
    ....DON'T take anyone.....gnored it initially, wasted a lot of time looking at bikes which were, in retrospect, all wrong for me!!!!....
    The learners market has changed a bit since 1974

Bike
    '08 zx6r, GP125, '76 T140V

Lightbulb

[QUOTE=MrPeanut;692626]Anything but the RG. You dont want the maintenance (Looks well and truly fucked anyway). QUOTE] like most old strokers?? Get a FiXeR..
    Sorry Officer - I wasn't speeding, i was qualifying...

Bike
    KTM 640 Enduro
    Of your list the VT250 would be the best fit for a taller guy, & is a good reliable learner rig. But like Aitch says, try heaps of bikes on & see what you like. 250 trail bikes are also a good option for the larger learner, & they rock the party for commuting (fear no curb )

Cheers
    Clint

Bike
    Goose
    Well if you are STILL looking mate, I may have my KR up for sale soon. Its been a bloody awesome little bike and if you are a bit heavier it may just be OK for you in this Wgtn weather.... But looking at your height it may be a bit cramped for you!
    "Some people are like clouds, once they fuck off, it's a great day!"

Bike
    2012 Bandit 1250SA, 2006 Hyosung GT250
    Your selling your bike?
    I see that bike every morning when I get to work

Bike
    Goose
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodger View Post
    Your selling your bike?
    I see that bike every morning when I get to work
    Most likely....
    I get my full licence soon and have started looking. Dont worry I am going to replace it, but there will never be another one quite like this one. I might keep her, I want too but it depends on $$ and whats out there when I have enough of them...
    "Some people are like clouds, once they fuck off, it's a great day!"

Bike
    Cagiva Raptor 650, ZX-10R
    WOw! Hey, what bike you after Hels?
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." Edmund Burke

Thread Information