Thread: New bike for the missus?

Bike
    09 CRF250R, pw50

New bike for the missus?

Hey guys, looking at getting the misses a new bike currently riding a crf150r but she's finding its a bit small especially on the jumps, maybe a 250r, but quite a bit of height difference, and harder to start due to height, can they be lowered, or 250 4t with lecy leg, she's 161cm, or about 5"3 I think, cheers

Bike
    04 Buell XB12R 06 WR250F
    It all depends on what she want's to use it for, mX or trail riding?
    1) has she had a go on your bike? ...what did she think.
    2) I'm a short ass, and have no issue with a tall bike, once the wheels start going round, no issue ride as normal.
    3) The advantage of an electric Start. not having to try and kick start when your short.
    4) As for bike, well I'm going with the WR250F but then I would haha, the world is your oyster their, its more what she like's and feels comfortable on.
    Why would you ride that long and that gnarly stuff if you don't have to, Its what we do, we love it.
    Nathan Woods R.I.P.

Bike
    09 CRF250R, pw50
    Thanks mate, yeah she has ridden mine likes the size and power but hard to strt for her due to height and I'm not going to stop and start it every time for her, was Proberbly looking for a miracle bike but there's no such thing, so think she'll have to put up with the 150r for now.

Quote Originally Posted by oldguy View Post
    It all depends on what she want's to use it for, mX or trail riding?
    1) has she had a go on your bike? ...what did she think.
    2) I'm a short ass, and have no issue with a tall bike, once the wheels start going round, no issue ride as normal.
    3) The advantage of an electric Start. not having to try and kick start when your short.
    4) As for bike, well I'm going with the WR250F but then I would haha, the world is your oyster their, its more what she like's and feels comfortable on.

Bike
    2012 Honda CRF250X- 2014 Honda CRF250R
    You can put a lowering link on (a friend has one on his) works well, if shes not doing big jumps, it can be set to 80 sag
    http://www.crfsonly.com/catalog/prod...roducts_id/576

Same friend cut a fair bit of foam out of the set as well,
    Or,
    For comfort......
    http://www.crfsonly.com/catalog/prod...oducts_id/3953

Both help alot,

My wifes bike has a trail tech stand, it's good and strong, lets her stand and lean on the left peg, and kick the bike with the right leg.

Thread Information