Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bike-to-bike intercoms

Bike
    2016 GSXS 1000F
    Blog Entries
    I saw a set of 2 radios at Dick Smith. GME TX650 for $178. They have ear bud with mic in the lead and VOX. Power is low at 1 watt but for bike to bike over short range that should be fine. The key issue is; will the mic and VOX work okay? If not they would be useless. The price is good and $152 at triginstruments (nz).
    Has any one tested these units?
    Here for the ride.

Bike
    2006 F650GS
    Quote Originally Posted by JKWNZ View Post
    Has anybody heard anything more about the uniden system that supposed to be coming out this month?
    Hi

They are currently taking orders for them but they dont have any in stock
    They will retail for $79ea and as far as I know they are just the earpiece and mic, and does not include the radio
    They also have the PTT (push to talk button) that you can mount on your handle bars

Dusty Butt 1000km - We knocked the bugger off what next?

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by Zukin View Post
    Interesting. Who, or what, is "they"?
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    XJR 1300
    Fuck thought real biker's don't need to chatter like woman,and if you do go in a cage haha

Bike
    2002 BMW R1150GS Fat-Tank
    Quote Originally Posted by slimjim View Post
    Fuck thought real biker's don't need to chatter like woman,and if you do go in a cage haha
    You'd think so wouldn't you. Seriously though, the Beahr system's in wide use. If you want to talk to someone using it, and who's installed it on quite a few bikes, call Julian at Top Town 0800 422 433. Or call Tony at Challenger Motors! Hell, that's what he's there for!

Also, Ian of http://www.motorcycle-rentals-tours.co.nz/ uses the Baehr system on his own and his rental bikes. All of these guys use and know how to successfully install a system. Jules might have the odd grumpy day (don't we all) but they're all very approachable guys who love to talk bikes.
    Nil Carborundum Illegitimi

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    You'd think so wouldn't you. Seriously though, the Beahr system's in wide use. If you want to talk to someone using it, and who's installed it on quite a few bikes, call Julian at Top Town 0800 422 433. Or call Tony at Challenger Motors! Hell, that's what he's there for!
    A ride to Auckland is a major undertaking to get a system installed that may or may not work in one's helmet.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    SV650S K6, CBR250R
    Quote Originally Posted by Zukin View Post
    Hi

They will retail for $79ea and as far as I know they are just the earpiece and mic, and does not include the radio
    They also have the PTT (push to talk button) that you can mount on your handle bars
    Thanks. Am definitely interested as the price is right but would be good if they had a spec sheet... Do you have the contact details for pre-orders?

Bike
    2016 GSXS 1000F
    Blog Entries
    Thanks. Am definitely interested as the price is right but would be good if they had a spec sheet... Do you have the contact details for pre-orders?
    I have searched the web and found nothing mentioned about the product. If they were going to be available this month or in the next 3 I would expect to be able to read about it on the company site(s). How does this company communicate with its dealers if it doesn't post stuff to its sites. Or maybe I haven't done a good enough search? Don't believe until I read.
    Here for the ride.

Bike
    Phone Tony and ask to be put in touch with someone using the system in Welly. I'm sure Challenger's got a freephone. Let your fingers do the walking.

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    Phone Tony and ask to be put in touch with someone using the system in Welly. I'm sure Challenger's got a freephone. Let your fingers do the walking.
    The install would still have to be done in Auckland -- unless I can scan and email a couple of bikes and helmets...

Bike
    SV650S K6, CBR250R
    Does Tony at Challenger know anything about the new Uniden system or just Beahr?

Bike
    Does Tony at Challenger know anything about the new Uniden system or just Beahr?
    Phone him and ask.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    The install would still have to be done in Auckland -- unless I can scan and email a couple of bikes and helmets...
    You fight off knowledge with a really big stick don't you.

Bike
    Ag100

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh

The only intercom worth buying is a Baehr system. go to his web page and read what customers have written. It is the only one that has worked for me and never had a problem. and yes u will not be disappointed if u rode from wellington. he even has some sets that he may lend u to try out as he supllies LTSA driving testers with sets to talk to bikers under going licence test. they are worth evry cent

Bike
    2006 F650GS
    What I need is some advice
    Ok here is a picture (attached) from the Nolan N102 helmet (that I have), you can purchase a seperate intercom kit, or Bluetooth kit as an add on for them.
    What I want to do is to use it for Bike to Bike comms, but all they say is rider to pillion or using a cell phone with the bluetooth (now why would I want to talk on the phone? )

The picture attached is from the basic kit instuction manual (for the helmet)

So here is what I think I will need??

A 2.5mmm cable from the mic to a PTT (push to talk) button mounted on the handlebar, and then this plugs into my Radio (like a Uniden PRS)

also

A 3.5 mm cable from the speaker output on the above radio into the 3.5mm socket on my helmet
    Does this make sense?

Do any of you radio experts think this is ok or possible?

Cheers Scott
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	N102.gif 
Views:	43 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	45893  

Dusty Butt 1000km - We knocked the bugger off what next?

Thread Information