Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anudder Noob Pisstake

Bike
    none
    Blog Entries

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Edbear View Post
    Um! We noticed!

PS. Don't you just hate it when that happens? I'm paranoid about running out of fuel so always refuel way early. Must see how far I can go on a tank, one day. Fuel guage is pessimistic on mine.
    Pessimistic, my fuel gauge is sadistic , it reads full untill about 120k , then after that it starts laughing at me(used to think it was a wheel bearing)but no , it was laughing at me then all of a sudden there`s a need for a shell petrol station(fuel card,YIPPEE).Glad it all ended well for you , like the other wise people have said , RESET your trip counter after you get it fixed,of course,or you can take your odo reading throw a 5litre jerry in your backpack and see how far you can go,shit might try that one myself. Carry on with the stories.(takes me back a few years)

Bike
    nein
    Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    I found my bandit will go from full to reserve in 200km, (14L tank)
    I also found that the fuel gauge will stay on full for around 100km,
    So by my reconing when it moves from full its half a tank, and when it reads half a tank its actually quarter of a tank.

Glad you got home alright in the end, remember to always check your reserve switch back when you fill up after using it!

Mav
    Odd, I got 246.9k's before hitting reserve... 15L tank, but that was mostly used on the 250ride so maybe city riding would be different...

Bike
    2020 ls650 boulevard
    Quote Originally Posted by gijoe1313 View Post
    Waaah! I guess I should get my trip meter reset fixed! It was broken when I got it (been hotglued on!). And I guess its a good lesson to me before I ride off down to Welly way in a coupla weeks time!
    these are fills from my trip to paeroa this year....i only needed to fill 6 times. i went via the desert highway....filled at bulls, taupo and paeroa. the return journey it was rotorua, turangi and bulls again.
    my speedo gave up the ghost coming back, so i likely could have missed the turangi fill, but didnt want to risk it. the most i put in was 8.5 liters at paeroa. the others arent full receipts, so no liter amounts, only $$ and i dont recall what the price was back then.
    so if your coming down desert highway, i suggest fill at taupo or turangi, and again at bulls. otaki would be the next suggestion if needed. when i was doing my welly runs, id fill either in town or at bulls, and then otaki the return trip.

good luck and ride safe when you do come this way!
    my blog: http://sunsthomasandfriends.weebly.com/index.html

the really happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery when on a detour.

Thread Information