Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Harley-Davidson unviels Screamin' Eagle V-Rod!

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by Motu
    Ah,Porsche - of Lada Samara fame,they take the money and run.
    Not like Lotus or Cosworth then...

Bloor did a ring around of the independant engine designers to get opinions on what was needed to make the triple work in superbike racing and the designers basically said "nope".
    So he went to Cosworth and they took a pile of money from him and said "Nope" as well.

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    Just saw this thread today.

I can vouch for the cornering ability of the V-Rod, albeit with a few scrape marks on the radiator shroud and exhaust. Still, it probably depends a lot on the loose nut behind the headset eh Trashy ?

As for the traffic light drags........we'll see eh? Incidentally, after a ride with Jimbo and Fizzerman on Sunday, the latter thinks he can take me "off the line" on his crappy old in line 750....methinks he is dreaming - save the bullshit for Thursday night Drew.
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy
    Not like Lotus or Cosworth then...

Bloor did a ring around of the independant engine designers to get opinions on what was needed to make the triple work in superbike racing and the designers basically said "nope".
    So he went to Cosworth and they took a pile of money from him and said "Nope" as well.

Yes,they are design consulants now,the names are tacked onto them (Lotus Big Horns!) and are starting to mean absolutly nothing.The Samara had a bloody good motor - just me stirring
    In and out of jobs, running free
    Waging war with society

Bike
    Katana 750, VOR 450 Enduro
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano
    As for the traffic light drags........we'll see eh? Incidentally, after a ride with Jimbo and Fizzerman on Sunday, the latter thinks he can take me "off the line" on his crappy old in line 750....methinks he is dreaming - save the bullshit for Thursday night Drew.
    Well the crappy old FZR750 probably puts all of its power on to the ground, maybe, rather than throwing the front wheel up in the air.

I reckon he'd have you Deano, up to about 50km/hr
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

- James Dickey, Cherrylog Road.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by celticno6
    Well the crappy old FZR750 probably puts all of its power on to the ground, maybe, rather than throwing the front wheel up in the air.

I reckon he'd have you Deano, up to about 50km/hr
    Hope I didn't offend celtic, just having a dig at Drew. His FZR does look pretty crap at the moment after his bin.

He reckons he wasn't expecting a drag race on Sunday and wasn't prepared for it.......yeah right....three bikes at the lights.....rev..rev.....

The SP does tend to lift the front in first gear but leaning over the tank sorts that out. She launches off the line mate........Im keen to have a go against all takers anyways......

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Hope I didn't offend celtic, just having a dig at Drew. His FZR does look pretty crap at the moment after his bin.
    You didn't offend me at all Deano.

FZR's are supposed to look that way. It's the sheer power of the bloody things (All 95 crank horsepower of it) combined with that 228kilo weight that makes them fall over all the time

Seriously, how the hell could a fizzer compete with your SP1

Only in ability to keep going after multiple crashes.

FYI, it only cost about $900 to get my crappy old bike roadworthy again after throwing it down the road at approx. 80 km/hr through three lanes of rush hour traffic and into a boat trailer...

what do you think you would have been if it were your bike?

ie, replacement forks, replacement rotors, new wheel and steering bearings?

Something to be said for riding an old shitter
    And I to my motorcycle parked like the soul of the junkyard. Restored, a bicycle fleshed with power, and tore off. Up Highway 106 continually drunk on the wind in my mouth. Wringing the handlebar for speed, wild to be wreckage forever.

Bike
    Seriously, how the hell could a fizzer compete with your SP1
    Dunno - have to ask Fizzerman that one on Thursday night - when are you going to join us C ?

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Dunno - have to ask Fizzerman that one on Thursday night - when are you going to join us C ?
    The CDFO says as soon as my bike is up and running all legal-like, and I can afford to insure it and put petrol in the tank, I am allowed to join you fellas for the thursday night action.

Bike
    Forza 155 SE Pit Bike
    The CDFO says as soon as my bike is up and running all legal-like, and I can afford to insure it and put petrol in the tank, I am allowed to join you fellas for the thursday night action.
    We'll keep a seat spare in that case
    Vote David Bain for MNZ president

Bike
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash
    We'll keep a seat spare in that case
    Not this week WT.

Damn I hate being broke.

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash
    Wahoo! I want it. Among other things it features 1250cc, big bore Revolution motor. Hot cams, mag wheels, cool paint.

10% more power than std VRSCA, that should shut down those pesky SP1s at the lights!
    What's all the fuss about? While riding my ol '76 cb550 I met a guy with a HD he customised over the last 6 or so years(maybe more, he bought the cheap model at the time he said) that would beat the pants off it. Only thing orig spec was the seat.

Bike
    ZR750 Kawasaki
    Quote Originally Posted by geoffm
    Actually (maybe) having some power is fine - but have they made them go around corners yet? Maybe I just don't get the Harley thing, but paying a small fortune for something with naff brakes and suspension seems... strange. Even wierder to spend more money on doing what the factory should have done in the first place.
    I see the corperate results for HD were listed in the Press yesterday. They make a lot of moeny out of sellign tee shirts and underwear!
    Geoff
    Not even a very good Troll,
    Try this ,HD are the most popular motocycle IN THE WORLD,
    They make several models,Some of which go round corners very well,all of them have brakes which match their design criterea.
    They have the largest fan club IN THE WORLD ,they are the oldest manafacture IN THE WORLD .The myth that they are unreliable came from the AMF days when they were not being made by the original company,as soon as HD was bought back, the problem was solved,today they are no more or less reliable than any other make.They own the name Sportster.
    They are the MOST POPULAR MOTORCYCLE IN THE WORLD

Bike
    '76 CB550 Super Sport
    While we are trolling. Why is it non-motorcyclist thinks every m/clist wants a Harley and gives one Harley related nick nacks? Got given a pocket watch with a Harley alpabet soup model stamped on it, a model etc, etc. etc.

Bike
    Cali 111 Guzzi
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonez
    While we are trolling. Why is it non-motorcyclist thinks every m/clist wants a Harley and gives one Harley related nick nacks? Got given a pocket watch with a Harley alpabet soup model stamped on it, a model etc, etc. etc.
    Because that is the most common thing presented to the public, tell me of another brand that has that much nic-nac crap for sale, huh?

Bike
    BMW R65LS, part time R75 old fart rider
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose
    Because that is the most common thing presented to the public, tell me of another brand that has that much nic-nac crap for sale, huh?
    BMW, except all theirs is in flash mail order catalogues, and very expensive. Any random stuff to do with motorbikes, if made unlicenced, either looks like a harley, or a generic sportsbike. At least the ones that look like Harleys, have a name that the public knows. Harley , yeah - from easy rider, and all the gangs ride them yah.... GSXR/ZX10R/YZFR1, its all just a bundle of letters innit.... Suzuki, Yamaha, Kawasaki, no-one has any conception of what a stereotypical one of these looks like, but a harley looks like a harley in the public's mind (never mind the Guzzi Cali, BMW R1200C, and all the jap cruisers - they all look like harleys, right?) , and its a well known name.
    Queiro voya todo Europa con mi moto.... pero no tengo suficiente tiempo o dinero.....

Thread Information