Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Speed Cameras

Speed Cameras

Hey,the speed camera on Richardson rd Mt Roskill has gone! Has it gone for good,gone somewhere else? How are the cameras in your area?

Bike
    RF900

Lightbulb

Elvis has left the building?
    If they have taken the camera away its because it has failed to meet its quota. and they simply cant jusify the maintainance costs of its existance. all those boxes do not all have camaras in them. they cant afford to spend all their ill gotten gains on more camaras they move the ones they have around from one empty box to another.
    the most effective revenue gatherers are not fixed but mobile the fixed ones only catch the occassional tourist so they have to put them in the occassional tourist spots.
    they are so cunning and now they use old utes with the tail lift up and the flash hung on the bumper.
    and vans with smoked windows by day.
    they catch the innotentive not the speeder. the speeder remains one step ahead on the inteligence stake. because thank god the traffic police remain gumpy.
    If you see a stationary vehicle on the verge slow down to the limit because it might be a mobile camera or it might be a young lady in need of a man with a jack? if shes ugly or male you can resume your safe speed on the Motorway which is?
    Your never to old for a sportsbike

Bike
    Walking
    Hey Motu, I have a KIWI RIDER Mag from 1985 with a test/write up on the XLV 750. If your interested you can have it.

Bike
    Old Blue, Little blue
    How about something like these guys

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/d...umentID=171942

MAD = Motorists Against Detection = Mutually Assured Destruction

“- He felt that his whole life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.”

I thought something was up with it because sometimes a Camry S/W sits right under it with a camera - so they have obviously been monitoring it,but I've seen it flash a few times,so it's never been safe.

I'd a thought it was a good posie,on a hill - it's natural to speed either way.Hah....I used to get in the inside lane at the White Swan lights...then take off fast,the boy racer he tucks in behind...then I slow down to 50km....hope,hope....YES! there he goes....''flash''.....sucker!

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries
    Has anyone requested for the images taken by the speed cameras. I would like to know what I need to do and how much it is gonna cost.

Bike
    MV AGUSTA F4 STRADA
    it should give a number on the back to call for the picture. It was/is free to get a copy of the photo.

I hope this isn't going to be a trend with the new bike. A few years back I got a really quick car and within nine months I had three tickets and a suspended licence! Previously I never had a ticket. I then sold it.

Bike
    CharlesidealOB
    Blog Entries
    No tickets yet. I would just like to get all the speed camera images that have been taken of me over the years.

Bike
    RF900

Smile

I havnt had a speed ticket on the bike yet just lucky I guess I've had four in the car.
    and I nearly could'nt get insurance a few years back because I was honest on the proposal. if you get three in a year you will get refused if you honest so lie!
    after I was nearly refused I called the speed camera office in wellington ans spoke to a constable who told me the insurance companies have NO access to your speed camera ticket information. only you do and if you want it you have to front up in person with proof of ID.
    Now It is also heard say that 60% yes 60% of appeals to conviction are overturned because there is another vehicle in the snap and if thats so they can't convict on a technicallity. so it is worth getting the snap if you think there may have been another vehicle in the snap then appeal conviction you may well get off.
    I had a mate who was in his car got pinged a 40klm/hr so went round again and got flashed twice more but on appeal got three tickets. not for speeding. but failure to wear a seat belt the jokers had a manual switch for overide and were after non wearing of seat belts.
    Bugger!
    Your never to old for a sportsbike

Bike
    '96 suzuki GSF600s,'86 CBR400R Aero
    well heres an idear guys.....this is speed camara pix from Aussi
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	007.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	151  
    asked Mom if I was a gifted child ... she said they certainly wouldn't have paid for me.

Bike
    GSXR750 K4
    must've been a foreigner... most Aussies aren't that smart!

What a good idea 139kmhr and no ticket! I'll have to go home and practice getting my boot around like that!

Bike
    MV AGUSTA F4 STRADA
    I like !!!

Bike
    Registered. For now...
    Has anybody else noticed the new trend with speed cameras? In another thread we were discussing the new vans for the mobile fund gatherers... Well, I have noticed that these vans are getting parked up and then left UNATTENDED for as long as all day.

Do you reckon we should all travel prepared, with a piece of cardboard (or a Penthouse centrefold!?) and sellotape at the ready? Imagine the looks when they get 250 photos of Miss September doing 123 Km/Hr...

The real laugh, though, is that as I'm sure everyone has noticed, car theft is apparently no longer a crime. Nor is smashing up and setting fire to cars dumped on the side of the highway. Of course, I would never suggest anyone carry molotov cocktails It does, however, demonstrate how well the cops can not see the wood for the trees.
    ACC - It's where the Enron accountants all went.

Bike
    GSXR750 K4
    I do happen to have some tape on my bike which would be just fit for purpose.. the problem is I'm normally running late (a primary reason I have a sports bike!) so don't really seriously consider stopping for anything much less than an accident or another biker.

Bike
    98 HondaRS125
    I went to visit a guy in hamilton that collects Indian motorcycles.
    There on his wall as proud as day is a speed camera picture of him (age 78) and his wife in their 1927 indian sidecar outfit.
    He still proudly shows everyone who visits.
    Luv it!

Thread Information