Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WARNING WELLESLEY ST BUS LIGHT

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmoot
    Maybe because it is a city bylaw, not an actual law
    but there in this city giving me a ticket for breaking a local bylaw?

Bike
    Something red and quick
    Quote Originally Posted by sAsLEX
    but there in this city giving me a ticket for breaking a local bylaw?
    Local bylaw is still law, but might be hard to remember/understand for police officer from outside the area if they happen to be in assigned (temporarily?) there. This might be the case. Although, I might be wrong and it might just be a simply ignorant constable

And yes the police can still prosecute anyone breaking local bylaw (e.g., alcohol-ban) since it is still a law.

Hey, look at it this way, you just got a FREE ticket
    They don't come too often, you know?
    Most of the time you need to pay for it.
    Elite Fight Club - Proudly promoting common sense and safe riding since 2024
    http://1199s.wordpress.com

Bike
    MV AGUSTA F4 STRADA
    Quote Originally Posted by k14
    What a complete fucking joke. Again it just emphasises the fact that they are just out for the money, nothing to do with "road safety." If money wasnt their motive they would have said, umm we aren't sure so we will look it up and post the ticket if you are in the wrong. But no, they give the ticket and hope that the person is too nieve to try to get off and end up paying it.

After you get off write a big complaint to someone high up. How much was it for?
    Better get prepared for Spud et Co to accuse you of making this up, being guilty of something else, being completely unreasonable, or just plain too soft. Harden up mate, hehe.

Afterall nothing wrong with the poolice "doing their job", whether or not it is legal, logical, justified or even of dubious beneifit. It's not about money, it's not, it's not, it's not!

They're out there saving lives you ungrateful, communist bastard.
    uno patito dalle motociclette italiane

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    hmm, I am thinking that since they have wasted my time through complete incompetence I might just go to court, bugger the letter thing, I want a full write up of the evidnce and law under which I was charged given in court in front of a JP or whoever does it these days!
    The charging officer has to attend dont they in a contested sharge?? spud??
    I know this is being slightly childish, but the fact tha they found out before I came through of their lack of knowledge about the situation they were monitoring you think they could of rectified this, I wouldn't of minded waiting a few minutes while they were on the radio! Oh and while I was there two tourist buses went through the light!

Bike
    Shanksters Pony
    1. If police are going to do a crack down should they not be knowledgable about the law that they are inforcing and the local rules and regs?? Spud??
    Yes and the normal practice is to quote the relevant lehislation on operation orders so that all staff involved have a good working knowledge.

2. If they found out that there was something early on in the sting, could one of them not reached down to their hips/walked the metre to the squad car and radioed for conformation??
    Yes. If they find a situation they are not sure of then there a heaps of other cops listening to the radio that might know the answer because they have experienced the same thing before. Otherwise a call to the station or to an Inspector at Comms would have helped.

3. And cute female officers make the whole process so much better
    Go on, admit it, You'd really like to get laid down by the law, wouldn't you??

Bike
    Shanksters Pony
    Quote Originally Posted by Zapf
    Do you know that you are allow to ask the Police under what law and what section you are being given a ticket for. And if they can't remember then they cannot charge you. Just don't behave like a smartass thou.
    Feel free to ask the Act and Section but if the cop doesn't know it won't stop you being charged. Especially with bloody traffic crap, the cop will know that something is an offence but there are so many of them that you could never know every section, subsection, paragraph etc etc of every Act, its just not practicle.

Your second comment, not being a smartarse, is always a good place to start.

Bike
    Shanksters Pony
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerboy
    Better get prepared for Spud et Co to accuse you of making this up, being guilty of something else, being completely unreasonable, or just plain too soft. Harden up mate, hehe.
    Like I said before, still not quite over it yet huh. Keep going and you could be as bitter and twisted as Lou one day.

Afterall nothing wrong with the poolice "doing their job", whether or not it is legal, logical, justified or even of dubious beneifit. It's not about money, it's not, it's not, it's not!
    Sometimes its about people being f**kwits and deserving it too.

They're out there saving lives you ungrateful, communist bastard.
    Are there commies on this board??? Quick someone notify the poolice.

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    Just for shits and giggles I called the Council asking whether or not you can go on the bus light. They had to check with someone else. The answer was in the end that no, you cannot go on the bus light (even they thought this was a bit stupid). So effectively, if you're cruising along a bus lane and the light goes red, get the hell out of the way of any potential buses!

Bike
    Scorpio, XL1200N
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil
    Just for shits and giggles I called the Council asking whether or not you can go on the bus light. They had to check with someone else. The answer was in the end that no, you cannot go on the bus light (even they thought this was a bit stupid). So effectively, if you're cruising along a bus lane and the light goes red, get the hell out of the way of any potential buses!
    Yes, but does sAsLEX's ticket say "bus light", or "using bus lane"?

Even if it does say "bus light", it's stupid to let the bikes use the lane but not the light and it'd be worth pushing for a rule change from the council.
    kiwibiker is full of love, an disrespect.
    - mikey

Bike
    Austrian and Italian
    Quote Originally Posted by jrandom
    Yes, but does sAsLEX's ticket say "bus light", or "using bus lane"?

Even if it does say "bus light", it's stupid to let the bikes use the lane but not the light and it'd be worth pushing for a rule change from the council.
    Yeah it is stupid, who do we have to push to try and get it changed?

Bike
    2008 DRZ400E & 1983 CB152T
    Quote Originally Posted by spudchucka
    Sometimes its about people being f**kwits and deserving it too.
    Is there a law against that?? What is the fine?? Any demerit points??

Oscar better watch out then.

Bike
    MV AGUSTA F4 STRADA
    Quote Originally Posted by spudchucka
    Feel free to ask the Act and Section but if the cop doesn't know it won't stop you being charged.......the cop will know that something is an offence but there are so many of them that you could never know ever section, subsection, paragraph etc etc of every Act, its just not practicle.
    Watch out Saslex, you're about to step on that slippery slope called principle, and we all know where that leads, eh Spud......to bitterness and twistedness.

Afterall we can't expect someone to know what rules they are enforcing, just a gut feeling that it might possibly maybe sorta be wrong. Yeah that sounds fair and makes sense given the limited intelligence and all.

Oh btw, a mate who has just started riding saw the bus lane, and two Cops on bikes monitoring traffic, so being extra cautious, asked them if he could use the lane and light. He was told that it was legal to do so.

Consistency and fairness to all.
    uno patito dalle motociclette italiane

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    oh and the link states that the 'lanes' are not to be used by tourist buses....and what drove by me while I was being ticketed, yip you guessed it two of these unlawful tourist buses,who didn't get ticketed at all let alone looked at.

So bikes are allowed to use the bus priority lanes but not the lights....goes out to get in front of buses and hold them up on their lights until I get a green then will carry on in the bus priority lane as I am allowed to do!!

wtf that makes no sense that we are allowed to use these lane but not the traffic signals that control them, what stupid fuck thought that up, really, so now I can go and stop buses going on the 'B' lights all over the city by waiting for a green, therefore destroying any point of having the 'B' light in the first place.

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    oh and ticket was something like not follwing road sign or something to that effect will post copy tonight.

Bike
    KTM 690 DUKE R
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil

their own website states that certain types of vehicle are allowed to use the bus prioity lanes, then only refers to buses throughout the rest of the page????

Like fuck I wil move out of my way if I am legally entilled to be there, they can wait! they can hit me if they would like an assualt with a motorvehicle charge

Thread Information