• 80-89 rallys

0 0%
  • 90-100 and over

3 6.12%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rally whores

Bike
    The Griso
    Well me is a bit of a new-bee to these things, Started with the Brass, and been every year for the past 5. But had not been to any summer ones, except for a couple of the Hororata Fest's. Late 2006 and after meeting some fellow KB'ers I decided it would be cool to hook up with the crew and get to a few more... So far this season, I would have to rank the Nelson Rally as the best to date, great spot, and the weather was primo, Next would be the KB get together at Otamata, and the ride to Glenorchy was just the "shite" Awesome, So that makes about 12 rallies been to up till 1/1/07

Lookin forward to getting along to the Marh Hare, Horoata, Mokinui, Beumount, Brass, and any others that are worth the jount that I dont know about, even if it is all about the ride rather than the rally.

I would like to get North for a rally of two, But as Scumdog says, ya dont hear much about the Northern stuff.

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    I only know of a couple of noffeland ones... cold kiwi, Wairoa (which Im not sure if it still going)...

Bike
    The Griso
    Quote Originally Posted by NighthawkNZ View Post
    I only know of a couple of noffeland ones... cold kiwi, Wairoa (which Im not sure if it still going)...
    Yeah the Cold Kiwi is one that appeals, will seriously consider that one this year, since I seem to have an all season pass to attend rallies this year.
    Though shame I cant make the Vincent, just bad timeing on my part.

Bike
    2009 Yamaha XJ6S
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_Bullet View Post
    Lookin forward to getting along to the Marh Hare, Horoata, Mokinui, Beumount, Brass, and any others that are worth the jount that I dont know about, even if it is all about the ride rather than the rally.
    Hey Q. There's a new one up this way at Easter wknd! Apr 6,7,8 & the Junction Hotel, Spring Creek (near Blenheim) ALL proceeds from it are going to the children of the couple killed on the Harley heading up to the Nelson Rally!!! which is ferkin awesome I say!!!!! & definately worth the ride!!! you could do the big circuit, up Kaikoura & back through Lewis! I've listed this rally on the calendar & also under events: Blenheim!

Also there is my Plains Club.. Sundown Retreat at Gretta Valley.. just checked for the date & it hasn't been finalised yet, but will keep ya's posted when I know the details!!! usually end (ish) April.. coz it's the last rally for the season.. except for the Brass of course!

J
    GET ON
    SIT DOWN
    SHUT UP
    HANG ON

Bike
    The Griso
    Quote Originally Posted by MyGSXF View Post
    Hey Q. There's a new one up this way at Easter wknd! Apr 6,7,8 & the Junction Hotel, Spring Creek (near Blenheim) ALL proceeds from it are going to the children of the couple killed on the Harley heading up to the Nelson Rally!!! which is ferkin awesome I say!!!!! & definately worth the ride!!! you could do the big circuit, up Kaikoura & back through Lewis!

Also there is my Plains Club.. Sundown Retreat at Gretta Valley.. just checked for the date & it hasn't been finalised yet, but will keep ya's posted when I know the details!!! usually end (ish) April.. coz it's the last rally for the season.. except for the Brass of course!

J
    Awesome, will have to keep keep those ones in my mind... The summer needs to be twice as long!!!

Bike
    None any more
    Does a Grand Challenge count as a "rally"? If yes, 3. If no, 0 (I think).
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost_Bullet View Post
    The summer needs to be twice as long!!!
    Or the winter twice as short

Bike
    Aprilia Falco, K100 Project
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skelstar View Post
    0. Wanna tell us noobs what is good about these rallies Dangerous? Maybe what happens at them and all that?
    I catch with folks at rallies from all over the country. Infact some folks its the only place I see them, on a rally site somewhere.
    There used to be a lot more sort of games in "the good old days" weiny grab, ride the plank, barrel races, piston throws, horizontal bungees.
    There doesnt seem to be as much that at the moment.
    Usually good bands. Wet T Shirt Comps and the like.
    Some have bike shows and most have prizes for longest ride to site & hard luck stories.
    Pretty much a good excuse to stand around, talk shit about bikes, drink, dance like pissed farts to classic rock till its nearly light and then sleep in a tent on the ground for a few hours & then ride home.
    May the road rise up to meet you.
    May the wind be always at your back.
    May the sun shine warm upon your face.

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    Really have to do more this year - ive been slack last few years cos i worked when i wasnt studyin.

Bike
    1982 Suzuki GS1100GK, 2008 KLR650
    Blog Entries
    North Island rider - done 13 Brass, 2 each Cold Kiwi, Cold Duck and 1 Sulphur City.
    South Island events appeal to me because most of the attraction is the ride to and from the rally, rather than the event itself. The N/I rallies I've done have been a quick ride up the island after work on Friday, whereas the S/I rides are a near weeklong event.
    it's not a bad thing till you throw a KLR into the mix.
    those cheap ass bitches can do anything with ductape.
    (PostalDave on ADVrider)

Bike
    MG V11 Nero Corsa LeMans
    0. Wanna tell us noobs what is good about these rallies Dangerous? Maybe what happens at them and all that?
    Mate... its a chance to catch up with people that you havnt seen since the last rally, to swap riding storys and catch up on the latest.
    It often means a fun group ride there and back.
    Its a place were you talk nothing about bikes and riding.
    Its like a musume of bikes old, new, modified... you name it thers always something there to amaze you.
    Its a amazing feeling being with a group as large as a rally is all with the same interest.
    Then theres the live bands, beer tent, comps, etc.

For me I feel at home at a rally, but I have done a few now so it should, a rally is the one place were I can chill right out and no other shit back at home matters, I spose you will just have to get along to one and find out... its a wicked buzz.

Quote Originally Posted by scumdog View Post
    Side issue: How come the South Island crew post so much about the rallies down here but not a squeak from NoffIsland KBers?
    After last weekends woodstock rally... I was thinking the same, fuck SD they miss out on a lot up there.
    cheers DD
    (Definately Dodgy)

Bike
    02 Ducati ST4s
    http://quantumillusions.com/biker/?q=node/32

Does the toy run count?
    Then I could get a Kb Tshirt, move to Timaru and become a full time crossdressing faggot

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Does a Grand Challenge count as a "rally"? If yes, 3. If no, 0 (I think).
    Yes, the GC is a rally. There are really two types of rally, the social ones like Woodstock, Brass etc, and the riding ones like the 1000 milers and Southern Cross. My favourite one used to be the old Shell 500, but that is a few decades ago now.
    Time to ride

Bike
    Big Orange KTM
    Just did A quick count of rally badges & we have done at least 138 including 18 in Australia, 20 Cold Kiwis, 9 Cold Ducks, 10 Herbertville, 6 Levin, 1 Nile River (West Coast), 3 Brass Monkey as well as numerous coast to coast.
    No wonder I have a big collection of badges.
    Used to like the old style where you had to take everything with you & you made your own entertainment, but still enjoy sitting back listening to bands & wet T shirt comps. Even won a few things at rallies - havent bought chain lube for years.
    If you're not living on the edge you're not leaning over far enough

Thread Information