Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Members offering help

Bike
    CB1300
    No use to anyone wanting a recovery.
    As a student of computers and networks I am offering my services.
    Where this is a major a Koha to the site may be required, and you may need to supply dinner.
    See my user note for details.

Bike
    CB1300
    My user note does not appear to display, am I showing how much practice I need or is there a reason?

Bike
    2003,Kawasaki ZX-9R

Thumbs up great idea

Printed off the list to put in my backpack,for in case of an emergency.Great idea and thanks for all those who have offered to help.

Bike
    09 GT650s

I have

Done the same ,but just want to know is the list from the first post still in use as i couldnt see any other one in here ,
    THANKS to all the people on this hope i dont need you !!!!!!

Bike
    No bike It solded
    My details have changed slightly ...got a new ph # and can i be added to the list please.

Bike
    Suzuki A50
    Hay i am Donald and i have acar witha tow ball. Can get tralier. Am happy to do trips up the cape to pick up broken bikes (but may need help with gass money, poor student)

Bike
    2007 V Rod
    I Have a ute set up to carry bikes, went to do a good samaritan up on woodcocks Rd last thursday but by the time I got back there everone had scarpered. I should have got a cell No. I guess, Stupid of me.
    Still shit does happen and I'm happy to help if a biker needs it.
    Can also help out with graphics and replica stickers if your haveing difficulty scourcing them for your bike.
    I've gone over to the dark side, No Luke I'm not your effing father

Bike
    KTM 890 Adventure
    Is Posh still handling this?

Whoever is I've made with the user note. I can help with recovery and storage around the Wgtn region most of the time. Can also help with minor repairs.

Cheers,

Mark.
    Go soothingly on the grease mud, as there lurks the skid demon

Bike
    GSX1400K7special edition

Dumb Really!!

In my opinion this having to be a senior to add your name to the help services list is about as dumb as it gets. Just what's the reasoning behind it? I belong to a club and have helped, shown around, offered a camp site, towed bikes back. You name it and I've done it to help a fellow biker out!!

The way I see it is that help on this site is very thin on the ground. Especially in the provinces. I would have thought the more people that offered to help the better.

For example If I were in a province doing the back roads (like you do) and I broke down. But couldn't afford a towee.
    I have only one "Senior"person to ring. If he's not home. Or his shoe phone is turned of. I'm in the shit.

So the more the merrier I would of thought. Anyway that's my two penneth's worth.

Bike
    CBR1000RR
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by huck farley View Post
    For example If I were in a province doing the back roads (like you do) and I broke down. But couldn't afford a towee.
    I have only one "Senior"person to ring. If he's not home. Or his shoe phone is turned of. I'm in the shit.

So the more the merrier I would of thought. Anyway that's my two penneth's worth.

'tis a good point but I'd suggest the next step is to ring someone - anyone on KB and have them post a "help wanted" note online...

It's happened quite a number of times to good effect.
    $2,000 cash if you find a buyer for my house, kumeuhouseforsale@straightshooters.co.nz for details

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5
    Quote Originally Posted by huck farley View Post
    The way I see it is that help on this site is very thin on the ground. Especially in the provinces. I would have thought the more people that offered to help the better.
    There are a lot of Riders that do help on this site that have choosen not ta put their personal details on the Members Offering Help list for good reason. I respect them for their choices. Please don't knock the list just because ya think more should be on it (that is my option).
    New Zealand......
    The Best Place in the World to live if ya Broke

"Whole life balance, Daniel-San" ("Karate Kid")

Kia kaha, kia toa, kia manawanui ( Be strong, be brave, be steadfast and sure)
    DON'T RIDE LIKE YA STOLE IT, RIDE TO SURVIVE.

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5

Updated User Notes

Have shifted again. No longer have a workshop and accommodation is sparse, but can still do pick-up (see my user notes).
    New Zealand......

Bike
    GSX1400K7special edition

The list

Please don't knock the list just because ya think more should be on it (that is my option).[/COLOR][/FONT]
    I wasn't knocking the list or anyone on it. I think anyone should be able to put their name forward if they are genuine and want to help a fellow biker in distress.

I belong to the Ulysses club and I always carry my assistance book in the bag.

As they run a system that anyone can put their name forward from first joining the club to help in several ways.

Like camp site, breakdown, recovery, ride out, show other members the sites, stopover, accommodation, get the picture.

Not a bad Idea you must agree. I thought a site with thousands of members would have more than say 50 odd people to give assistance to mates in every aspect.

If anyone gets stuck in my neck of the woods (Wanganui) I will only be to pleased to help out, if I can. Give us a PM for contact numbers. Well that's my threepence worth.
    cheers.
    "Huck Farley"
    Last edited by Nasty; 18th November 2008 at 05:10. Reason: html

Bike
    95 bandit 250
    Hi, new member here. I'm getting my first bike and was wondering if there was anyone in chch that would be kind enough to do a once over for me while im on a test ride?

Bike
    "Bagheera" GSX1400K5

Back out on the farm again

Quote Originally Posted by RiderInBlack View Post
    Have shifted again. No longer have a workshop and accommodation is sparse, but can still do pick-up (see my user notes).
    Back out on the farm again (don't ya just love relationships), so have workshop and accommodation again (see my user notes).
    New Zealand......

Thread Information