Thread: Aprilia/Ducati thing...

Bike
    RMZ 250

Aprilia/Ducati thing...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...px?id=89771380

What do you guys think of this...got a email back from the person saying it started life as a Aprilia Falco that was slightly damaged, and he had a damaged RSV so put the parts required from that onto the Falco...and for some reason a ducati front fairing.

I actually quite like it, and was looking at a RSV, and now thinking this might be a goer if it all checked out.

I'd probably end up putting side fairings on it, unless I make it into a wicked streetfighter project...dunno.

Only thing I'm worried about is resale as its 3 bikes in one so to speak...

What are you guys thoughts?

Chur

well for 9k can't go to wrong

but the duke front end if all wrong

find putting aprillia bits on from simlar models but not ducati

bit seams like a fair price, could fetch more than that if it was setup nicely and correct

Bike
    2003 X11 "The Klingon"

Frankenbike

Well its certainly different and the price seems fair, not too sure if the implant swingarm would upset the geometry, but I guess a good fang would tell you reasonably quickly and as for the mapping provided it didnt run too lean then I spose thats OK too. As for resale, well its probably not everyones cup of tea so will take the right person to come along I guess. Real interesting alright.

Bike
    2009 Ducati Streetfighter

Thumbs up

Looks f'n ugly, needs all the SL1000 Falco body work put back on it ! Worrying about resale value,what's that about ! It's a written off import surely, If you tidied it up you would'nt loose money, surely ! If you get sick of it in 12mths give me first option It'd be interesting to see how it runs though.
    As mad as a spider, and twice as hairy !

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy B View Post
    Well its certainly different and the price seems fair, not too sure if the implant swingarm would upset the geometry, but I guess a good fang would tell you reasonably quickly and as for the mapping provided it didnt run too lean then I spose thats OK too. As for resale, well its probably not everyones cup of tea so will take the right person to come along I guess. Real interesting alright.
    Should be no worries with the swingarm, has been a popular mod for about 6yrs now !

Bike
    2003 X11 "The Klingon"
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    Should be no worries with the swingarm, has been a popular mod for about 6yrs now !
    Thats good info Dazza

Bike
    PopTart Katoona
    Blog Entries
    i like it - looks bloody nice.
    Reactor Online. Sensors Online. Weapons Online. All Systems Nominal.

Bike
    RMZ 250
    only wondering about resale as its something very different...but as said, have to find the right person...I just have a history of only keeping bikes for about 6months...I get bored easy...which is why I'm going for a 1000cc this time.

I personally like the duke front on it...but I guess its a bit wrong being an aprilia bike.

I'll have to think about it a bit more...

Bike
    Orange ones! (and a few others...)
    It seems a bit expensive for what is really a rat bike. There was an RSVR (1999?) on trade me last week for $9750 ono and it had ohlins suspension, pipe etc in very tidy condition.
    If you really want a project and want to make a custom bike, fine, but otherwise it's going to hurt when you sell it.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by Crisis management View Post
    It seems a bit expensive for what is really a rat bike. There was an RSVR (1999?) on trade me last week for $9750 ono and it had ohlins suspension, pipe etc in very tidy condition.
    If you really want a project and want to make a custom bike, fine, but otherwise it's going to hurt when you sell it.
    If it was a genuine R ie. Ohlins front & rear, carbon fibre & Oz racing wheels which first appeared in 2000 & you secured it for that price it's an f'n steal, thank goodness for imports aye !

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by -df- View Post
    I personally like the duke front on it...but I guess its a bit wrong being an
    Aprilia bike.
    It aint wrong to build a bike with different manufacturers bits bro. Common as fuck to do it, and you end up with a one off machine.

Thread Information