Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2007 1 LITRE superbike shootout

Bike
    Corona GSXR 600

Bike
    Tojo and nothing. Damnit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanx View Post
    GSX-R1000K7 -
    It's not that bad. Looks better in blue and white that it did in yellow and white. Should look even better in all black. But there is something dumpy about the way it looks. Too much white I reckon.

I think SPB meant 'green with envy'.

Bike
    Repsol Blade & SV pro twin
    At least the black looks 'ok'. They need to change that awful front end though - why the Roman nose job ?
    Visit the team here - teambentley

Thanks to my sponsors : The Station Sports Cafe and Bar | TSS Red Baron | Zany Zeus | Continental | The Office Relocation Company | Fine Signs | Stokes Valley Collision Repair | CBWD Digital Media Inbound Marketing

Bike
    2006 Honda CBR1000RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Deano View Post
    Honda don't make the bike with the aim of being the fastest in a straight line, or the quickest round a track. It's a road bike, and from some reports I've read, the best all round 1 litre sports road bike. I understand it's the highest selling 1 litre sports bike in Oz.

You might impress your mates with the top speed or power output of your Gixxer, R1 or ZX or woteva, but try riding it on some twisty back roads and back those figures up - I'd be surprised if 5% of 1 litre sportbike owners can push their bike anywhere near to it's limits, regardless of the brand.
    Agreed.

Plus top speed of CBR must be disputed.....I know, anybody can go fast in a straight line.....but it is faster than that quoted figure as are all possibly.

And gixxer K7 side profile fine - outside of that, questionable IMO

Bike
    2008 KTM SuperDuke R
    Hmm, I saw an indicated 290 (which is probably about 275ish) down the back straight at Puke on my Blade but it was still pulling when I ran out of road. I think for most people though, the top speed's completely irrelevant for anything other than boasting to your mates. There can't be that many people who will ever see the top speed of any of these bikes on the open road, unless they happen to live in Germany, Northern Territories or the couple of states in the US that have no speed limit.
    For the most part, people that are that serious on the track will change their bikes significantly enough to completely skew the figures quoted. Ohlins bouncy bits, full exhaust system, K&N and a Dynojet will transform most bikes if properly tuned. There was a 2005 Blade on eBay in the UK recently: 215hp at the crank. just shows what the engine's capable of when all the internals are replaced with fancy expensive bits. Same would apply to all the other bikes listed, of course.

Bike
    Indian Scout
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanx View Post
    Hmm, I saw an indicated 290 (which is probably about 275ish) down the back straight at Puke on my Blade but it was still pulling when I ran out of road. ..
    Yeah most of those top speeds seem down on what the Makers and other mags claim. My 04 cbr1000rr did a measured 283kph at the 1/4 mile sprints. The speedo had reached it's max at 299 just a few seconds before it ran out of puff. Can't say I've meet any rider who regularly commutes and spends all their weekend rides in that 275 to 295kph zone. But if someone claims that they do then they will have to go for the latest MV1000R312 model - factory claim a genuine 312kph out of the crate, hence it's name. No doubt someone will buy one and moan that they can only get 310.9kph and it's holding them back. Poor sods.
    What an awesome lineup. There must be something for everyone's tastes in that bunch.
    Happiness is a means of travel, not a destination

Bike
    Big, black and slow
    I've had my time on a litre sports bike and I'm over it. None of the litre jap bikes do it for me at all. I've come to the conclusion that a naked bike is more fun on the twisties (which is where it all happens) and that I really should have a twin in the collection.

Bike
    2001 DUCATI 900SS
    Quote Originally Posted by Pex Adams View Post
    What no GN250?!
    It's not 1 litre silly

Bike
    TF125
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    No doubt someone will buy one and moan that they can only get 310.9kph and it's holding them back.
    Finn?

I've definitely gone off the ZX10 now, all of a sudden it seems old hat.

Bike
    GSX11-tysomething, BMW K100 x2
    Quote Originally Posted by White trash View Post
    Is that a challenge?
    I'm keen....you lend me your bikes, i'll back it up for ya's.....
    Jay Lawrence #37

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by MD View Post
    Yeah most of those top speeds seem down on what the Makers and other mags claim. My 04 cbr1000rr did a measured 283kph at the 1/4 mile sprints. The speedo had reached it's max at 299 just a few seconds before it ran out of puff. Can't say I've meet any rider who regularly commutes and spends all their weekend rides in that 275 to 295kph zone. But if someone claims that they do then they will have to go for the latest MV1000R312 model - factory claim a genuine 312kph out of the crate, hence it's name. No doubt someone will buy one and moan that they can only get 310.9kph and it's holding them back. Poor sods.
    What an awesome lineup. There must be something for everyone's tastes in that bunch.
    Hey, at the 1/4 mile sprints i managed 300.6 on a 2005 R1, DEAD STOCK, mirrors and all. BUT the road was downhill, and the wind was behind.....i hit 299Km/H on the speedo before I snicked top tho....

Also, MV F4 1000R...Not most HP, nor torques (whatver THEY are....hehe), the most weight....AND significantly the best lap times!!!! where do i get mine?? I think it starts with a bank manager..and probably ends there too..
    Jay Lawrence #37

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Quote Originally Posted by Finn View Post
    I've had my time on a litre sports bike and I'm over it. None of the litre jap bikes do it for me at all. I've come to the conclusion that a naked bike is more fun on the twisties (which is where it all happens) and that I really should have a twin in the collection.
    its funni how short slow bald auckland types always make statements like this!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    Massey ferguson 7495 dyna-vt
    Quote Originally Posted by JayRacer37 View Post
    MV F4 1000R...Not most HP, nor torques (whatver THEY are....hehe), the most weight....AND significantly the best lap times!!!! where do i get mine?? I think it starts with a bank manager..and probably ends there too..
    learn to ride your slinghog first young peanut!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew View Post
    Given the short comings of my riding style, it doesn't matter what I'm riding till I've got my shit in one sock.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger View Post
    As a matter of interest can anyone post local pricing on all of these machines?
    $44,000 for the MV
    $23,000 for R1

Dunno the rest....Yeap I've been looking and dreaming about those two, before you ask
    Jay Lawrence #37

Bike
    Big, black and slow
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpoos View Post
    its funni how short slow bald auckland types always make statements like this!!!
    Sophistication does that to a man.

Edit: Is Dover giving you some coaching in the background?

Thread Information