Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Bike! Bye Bye GN.

Bike
    GSF250
    Quote Originally Posted by flame View Post
    Hey chick.....well done! sooooo now the gn has gone ......you be riding over the hill to visit yer
    Yep!!! I will be doing lots of riding over the hill now... But will have to hide the keys from drew!
    " It appears that the website has become alive. This happens to computers and robots sometimes. Am I scared of a stupid computer? Please. The computer should be scared of me."

Bike
    GSF250
    Quote Originally Posted by speeding_ant View Post
    Excellent. You'll enjoy it!! Just take it easy for the first few hundred km/s though. The GN and the Bandit are worlds apart... Now you can experience leaning right over and know how damn exciting it is!

Have fun!
    Yea they are worlds apart, it will like learning to ride all over again.... cant wait!
    " It appears that the website has become alive. This happens to computers and robots sometimes. Am I scared of a stupid computer? Please. The computer should be scared of me."

Bike
    GSF250
    Quote Originally Posted by skelstar View Post
    ...she was damn near scrapping her pegs on the way over the Takas afterwards! I don't know how she rides that GN that fast ....
    heehee... well imagine how fast I can go on the bandit (once I get use to her that is)

Bike
    GSF250
    Quote Originally Posted by Keystone19 View Post
    Well done girl! You'll be bringing it to Taupo then...
    Thanks Jill, I think I might be tempted to bring it up to Taupo

Bike
    GSF250
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Kendog View Post
    Well done chick!! And just how many packs of ciggies did you go through today?
    Thanks KD's. Ummm yea Too many ciggies... was shaking after taking the bandit out on the motorway, had to calm my nerves, but I am going cut back now, will need the money for gas!

Bike
    GSF250
    Quote Originally Posted by maha man View Post
    Good on ya Mel....the Bandit would be choice to over say....a VTR250? and GT for that matter....
    Yea... seemed to have a lot more power than the GT.. I am so happy I stepped up to a different 250.

Bike
    GSF250
    Quote Originally Posted by cowpoos View Post
    yeah dropped by a shit load when I left eh!!!

he's sooo dreamy too chick!!!

and good stuff with your new toy!!!!
    thanks poos... think Sean is kinda scared I might become faster than him, so I decided to go with a 250... you now dont want him to have too much performance anxiety.

Bike
    GSF250
    NZSarge: Its BLACK!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by McJim View Post
    Have many riders managed to stick to a GN all the way through from BHS to Full licence?

I remember considering it and people telling me "You'll grow out of it in a fortnight...maybe sooner."

Mind you - I have no bike any more
    Yea... I got told by my BHST instructor that he would bet that in 6 months I would be sick of the GN, I laughed, I guess he was right after all!

Bike
    GSF250
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim2 View Post
    GN's are bought as cheap transport. In many cases they are cheaper than a scooter of similar performance.

What happens is the person who buys the cheap transport quickly becomes an enthusiast. For all its good points, the GN is not an enthusiast's ride.

You'll have fun with that Bandit Lissa.
    Thanks Jim2. GN's are good communter bikes, but just no fun riding around the rapa, esp with all the other rapa riders. I think I have done the right thing, and will prob keep the Bandit for quite a while, not in a hurry so much to go up CC's now.

Bike
    GSF250
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinje View Post
    Good stuff mel, you'll love it.

Might have to get my 250 back out for a wee play
    Yep Brent... anytime.... Your 250 is still safe in my garage, I havent touched it honest!!

Bike
    Triumph Tiger 800
    'on ya Mel. Look forward to seeing it.
    Experience......something you get just after you needed it

Bike
    Firestorm VTR 1000,VFR800,Daytona 675
    Nice one Mel,you'll have to come up with a really good name for this bike.

Bike
    Exxon Valdez
    Quote Originally Posted by Lissa View Post
    Yep!!! I will be doing lots of riding over the hill now... But will have to hide the keys from drew!
    Ouch baby, very ouch.

Even after I said you could ride my thou

On a serious note tho, once the FZR400 is sorted, you might want to have a thrash on that. I just need to get off my chuff and chuck the new stearing head bearings in it.

Bike
    Ooo Mel - you got my vote on the wee beasty... I might find it real hard to put you down now!! I bet you'll have that new bike grin for some time...
    They shall not grow old as we that are left grow old.
    Age shall not weary them nor the years condemn.
    At the going down of the sun and in the evening,
    we will remember them

Bike
    2004 Suzuki GN250E
    Cool congrats on the new bike. have fun and take care.

Thread Information