Page 13 of 249 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast

Thread: VFR owners' thread, for VFRPS members and prospective members

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by scracha View Post
    Bit too "clockwork" the later ones...plus they got less power and more weight.
    Having owned a '90 VFR750 and my current bike, the later one is better. Or do you mean 'clockwork' = lacking character? Perhaps, but I think not.
    Still, the 2nd gen (86-89) VFR is supposedly the most sporty of the VFR750s, being lighter and more nimble than the later ones.

Now the real question is why can't honda make a CBR with a viffer motor in it? A modern VFR1000, yum.
    That's an excellent question, Dude!
    I guess the RC30 and RC45 came close. It's a piss-off that the VFR has second-class brakes and suspension, given its sporting heritage (the VFs/VFRs of the 80s), its cost, and the fact that Honda has used it as a technology flagship for so long.

One thing is likely: given the fact Honda has abandoned its 4-year model revamp of the VFR for the last few years, they're either abandoning the VFR altogether and just doing a model run-out (like with the VTR1000 and Blackbird), or they're developing something big. Hopefully the MotoGP bikes now being 800cc V4s augurs well for the future....
    ... and that's what I think.

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    1998 Honda VFR800
    Quote Originally Posted by vifferman View Post
    No, I'm not.

Obviously the install went OK then?
    Didja use the map I left on there, or another one?
    There's some really exciting ones that make the FI light flash and the bike behave like a real bastid. Strangely, the ones that looked closest to my bike's setup were the worst, but the Urpeen ones seemed good.

I'm in for a ride sometime. Maybe we can take the Flaf out and show it a good time....
    Must get a green permanent marker and some sorta Kiwi badge (I was after a KB one, but haven't yet got hold of SpankyMe to buy one). Anyone like to donate one?
    yes - very smooth. Just plugged it in and fired her up. Did not get to run it at weekend but it sure felt a lot smoother on the run to work this morning. Was a bit worried that it might be too lean somewhere and make the hard bits go runny in spots but it seems a lot nicer to ride. What was the map that you loaded?

lets see if we can orgnise a ride over one of the next weekends - no need to go too far (don't have a lot of spare time anyway). Might ring you tonight and sign the Flaf.

Any other VFR listers on VFR Discussion want to "Sign the Flaf" better do it soon before it moves on round the world.

Bike
    1998 Honda VFR800
    Bit too "clockwork" the later ones...plus they got less power and more weight. Mine is still cosmetically damaged since a local f$ckwit pulled out infront of me in Feb. Motivating myself to get the forks done and get it WOF'd again. Must ask witness to accident to send letter again so I can take the f$ckwit to small claims court.

Now the real question is why can't honda make a CBR with a viffer motor in it? A modern VFR1000, yum.
    pre V-tecs are Ok...at least the cams are gear driven and not chains. You want a CBR with a VFR motor then maybe the Frankenviffer (VFR800 with SP2 front end and brakes) would do it. Ok its not a 1000cc but by all accounts a well ridden one will hang with a CBR in the twisties. Need more ccs then Dynamo Humm do a big bore for the 800. Just need pots of gold to do it

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    wish my 400 was vtec....and turbo....

and well rideable

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Janal18858 View Post
    yes - very smooth. Just plugged it in and fired her up. Did not get to run it at weekend but it sure felt a lot smoother on the run to work this morning. Was a bit worried that it might be too lean somewhere and make the hard bits go runny in spots but it seems a lot nicer to ride. What was the map that you loaded?
    Can't remember.
    I think it was one with an Arrow pipe. I can't remember if I left it as it was, or edited it a bit after trying several of the maps and learning what worked / didn't work.
    The download maps are OK, but can be improved by adding some fuel at the very bottom end (low revs and throttle openings). I also found that Mr Honda has cocked up the fueling just before/after the flapper valve on the airbox opens (at 5200rpm if I recall) by adding too much fuel, so you can make things smoother by leaning it there (which I think might already be done on your map).
    I also had a play on a couple of maps with advancing the ignition and adding fuel at the upper end, so it has a prolonged kick rather than running out of puff (if you're running on high-octane, like BP Ultimate). But you never ride there, right?

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skidMark View Post
    wish my 400 was vtec....and turbo....
    Well... turbo maybe, or supercharged. But not the "vtec" that the 800 has. It's a con to assuage the EcoNazis.
    If you're interested in turboed or supercharged VFRs, there's a couple under construction on VFRD at the moment:
    Rotrex supercharged VFR800
    Turbo instead of cat-con

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    Well... turbo maybe, or supercharged. But not the "vtec" that the 800 has. It's a con to assuage the EcoNazis.
    If you're interested in turboed or supercharged VFRs, there's a couple under construction on VFRD at the moment:
    Rotrex supercharged VFR800
    Turbo instead of cat-con
    why o why am i only informed of this forum now :|

Bike
    2001 RC46
    Blog Entries
    why o why am i only informed of this forum now :|
    You don't know how to Google stuff?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vfr_google.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	403.8 KB 
ID:	61132  

Or summat.

Or maybe not...

Dunno really....

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    You don't know how to Google stuff?

i do i just hadn't got round to it yet

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    NC30 for $2500 buy now on trademe!!!!!!!!!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...196965.htm?p=1

maybe a bargain for one of you lot

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    NC30 for $2500 buy now on trademe!!!!!!!!!

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...196965.htm?p=1

maybe a bargain for one of you lot
    Shit, that's interesting

Already asked Morcs if I could buy his :S

I'm going to have to pay for another fucking VIR report. That information should be free

Edit: meh, I'll help a KBer out, plus it is in nicer condition and once I factor in time and effor tidying up the other, Morcs' would be worth the extra cash

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyote View Post
    Shit, that's interesting

Already asked Morcs if I could buy his :S

I'm going to have to pay for another fucking VIR report. That information should be free

Edit: meh, I'll help a KBer out, plus it is in nicer condition and once I factor in time and effor tidying up the other, Morcs' would be worth the extra cash
    yer morcs is alot tidier man i was going to buy it but ddnt have the funds

Bike
    1999 GSXR1100W, 1975 CT90
    yer morcs is alot tidier man i was going to buy it but ddnt have the funds
    So worth getting then?

I'd have it now cause a recent warrant is enough to tell me it's a straight bike, but he mentioned Cyclespot could take a look at it whilst it's there and I'm sure my parents would apreciate that. Not sure if he's sorting that out of if I have to phone the shop

By the way, I am paying, just my parents were the ones that got the loan out for me so they want to make sure I don't get a lemon, like the RG

Bike
    B12
    Gotta keep it on ice for the moment im afraid, ive got a dude hoping to have the deal tied up by friday... means i can go shopping on the weekend...
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaNanna View Post
    Wasn't me officer, honest, it was that morcs guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Littleman View Post
    Yeah I do recall, but dismissed it as being you when I saw both wheels on the ground.
    Quote Originally Posted by R6_kid View Post
    lulz, ever ridden a TL1000R? More to the point, ever ridden with teh Morcs? Didn't fink so.

Thread Information