Page 102 of 249 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 3725

Thread: VFR owners' thread, for VFRPS members and prospective members

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Quote Originally Posted by Icemaestro View Post
    Oh yup. But apart from china/eBay, oem ex japan (cost arm leg and kidney) and tyga, where can one get fairings from? Google showed one uk site but I think Chinese probably too?

I'd rather this http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=383073233 cheaper too
    http://www.justfairings.co.nz/cms1/i...=index&cPath=8

Bike
    vfr400 NC30, SRX600 project
    No rear fairings on there though...

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    No rear fairings on there though...
    I am sure he will make them for ya.

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    I am sure he will make them for ya.
    When I asked he said he only does the front ones, the only other thing you could do is get the front and get a tyga rear set, their stuff is glass too. But if I were gonna do that I would get one of those badass looking ones, plus If i were gonna do that I would need alot of money for all that + paint ;[

Bike
    how difficult/expensive would it be to get fairings painted or vinyl'ed in stock vfr colours/decals? Saw a guy on here talking about the vinyl option a little while ago but no price given..

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    how difficult/expensive would it be to get fairings painted or vinyl'ed in stock vfr colours/decals? Saw a guy on here talking about the vinyl option a little while ago but no price given..
    when I get fairings my plan is to get a base colour then get vinyl's I think it was me who was jabbering about it, you can get the standard lay out, just google search it, the original scheme is vinyled on a base colour
    Edit: The r/h, l/h upper and lower panels it is. Tank is painted and I believe parts of the tail is too.

Bike
    VFR400 NC30 "Silver Surfer"
    Yeah, they only do the front which is what put me off in the first place. I wonder if there were a few of us keen to order up front whether he would consider it? No idea how much of a hassle getting the molds made and sorted is, though.

For my case, the front was the only bit that needed replacing, the back was still hanging in there, although starting to crack pretty bad.

Edit: http://justfairings.co.nz/cms1/index...roducts_id=170 has a 1-up rear section with it, so he can obviously do them. I could live without a pillion seat.

Bike
    Several
    www.racefairings.co.nz is another place to try.

His work is very good.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    Street Triple R
    I've got a set of aftermarket fairings hanging up in my garage. it also includes a fibreglass road single seat tailpiece. the problem would be freighting them: they are big and fragile.....
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Too many to count
    And after this professional installation - 70% of the bolts still are sticking out 'cause the holes are'nt big enough...
    go on - name and shame!

This shit is what puts the rest of us off so-called "professionals" at bike shops.

I'll be sure to resist the temptation of these chinese fairings in the future, too!

Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    You guys were talking earlier about the airbox snorkel. Can someone post a pic of one?
    tried it without the lid at all? just an HRC inspired idea.... they also ditch the filter IIRC

well over a grand.

My experiences both signwriting and working on my vfr at my uncles' panelbeating shop is that sport fairings are bastards to paint and even worse to apply vinyl. It's all the curves and holes that make paint prep and spraying a nightmare, and vinyl is a mission to alighn and then get to actually conform to the shape....

Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMistake View Post
    When I asked he said he only does the front ones,
    I had a front from justfairings on my VFR to begin with, but stock plastic tail. I'm sure someone in NZ does race tails and cutting holes for seat and tail lights shouldn't be too difficult....

Bike
    Not sure who the 'professional' was sorry - it was organised by the raceevolution guy after I said they couldn't be fitted properly.

Bike
    VFR400 NC30 "Silver Surfer"
    Not sure who the 'professional' was sorry - it was organised by the raceevolution guy after I said they couldn't be fitted properly.
    Would be interesting to find out. Could end up being worthwhile information.

How is the process going? Heard any more?

I'm still waiting on hearing from AJ.

Anyone have any idea on what the cost of getting those fibreglass fairings painted up would be?

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by jono035 View Post
    Anyone have any idea on what the cost of getting those fibreglass fairings painted up would be?
    Billy at www.racefairings.co.nz also paints them, his contact details are up there.
    Heinz Varieties

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Is anyone buying any probolt kits anytime soon? I need fairing bolts and if they have them screws for the radiator plastic guard, I had them all off at my parents place (Garage space) when I done the exhaust and never got around to putting them all back on till today, found out the old man had a hissy fit and kicked them somewhere so im a few screws loose, and on the bike .. Haha.

Bike
    Quote Originally Posted by jono035 View Post
    Would be interesting to find out. Could end up being worthwhile information.

How is the process going? Heard any more?
    Haven't heard a thing from him..
    Worthwhile info...to stay away?:-p
    I know aj is quite busy, or maybe he's having fun with them :-p

Thread Information