Page 103 of 249 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 3725

Thread: VFR owners' thread, for VFRPS members and prospective members

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMistake View Post
    Is anyone buying any probolt kits anytime soon? I need fairing bolts and if they have them screws for the radiator plastic guard, I had them all off at my parents place (Garage space) when I done the exhaust and never got around to putting them all back on till today, found out the old man had a hissy fit and kicked them somewhere so im a few screws loose, and on the bike .. Haha.
    I had planned to and asked on here the other week but nobody was keen. Finding money is also a problem.

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    I had planned to and asked on here the other week but nobody was keen. Finding money is also a problem.
    Yeah, I checked out the prices and almost fell over backwards, I think my zippy ties and half ass bolts will make do for now haha..

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    What do you guys think an NC30 is worth for insurance purposes? Currently have mine at $4000 but to get one from a dealer would be $4500-$5500.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    Quote Originally Posted by sil3nt View Post
    What do you guys think an NC30 is worth for insurance purposes? Currently have mine at $4000 but to get one from a dealer would be $4500-$5500.
    they'll only pay you market if it is a total loss, but if your insurance value is less than market they pay the insured value (typically). bastards.

the premium difference between $5000 and $4000 should be fuck all, so go for more: ask them to quote.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    VFR400 NC30 "Silver Surfer"
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryDorsetCase View Post
    they'll only pay you market if it is a total loss, but if your insurance value is less than market they pay the insured value (typically). bastards.

the premium difference between $5000 and $4000 should be fuck all, so go for more: ask them to quote.
    Mine was at $4k and got dropped down automatically to $3k after a year. Went to up it back to $4k and they said they would need a valuation from a dealer before doing it... Pretty random.

Bike
    1989, Honda CBR250 MC19
    Has anyone viewed this NC30 at red baron in Mt. Maunganui? Its been on trademe for a few months and im thinking of selling my MC19 and paying the difference to get it (they said they'll let it go for $4250).

thoughts?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nc30 2.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	41.4 KB 
ID:	240924 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nc30 1.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	44.6 KB 
ID:	240925

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Looks alright,
    you can have mine.. had a low side today around the round about.. Man hole covers + Cold tyres = Weeeeeeee.

Lol

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    Quote Originally Posted by over5tayer View Post
    Has anyone viewed this NC30 at red baron in Mt. Maunganui? Its been on trademe for a few months and im thinking of selling my MC19 and paying the difference to get it (they said they'll let it go for $4250).

thoughts?

Yeah that thing has been on trademe a good 6 months at least. In fact i am pretty sure it was on there last year. I never checked it out because it was always listed over $5000.

If the km's are genuine and everything looks good then $4000 is a good price from a dealer.

Bike
    CB1000R
    Quote Originally Posted by over5tayer View Post

thoughts?

I have seen it, its pretty tidy looking however dunno the running condition. PM DMNTD he worked there for a while so should be able to give the low down on the bike.

Bike
    vfr400 NC30, SRX600 project
    Had a reply from mr race evolution:

"First of all let me start us by stating that.

We did not offer you a professional fitting service. The rate does not deem a professional service, nor have I mentioned so. We personally did you a favor. You were insistent on we even fit the fairings for free. Please note you are yet to pay $90 for 6 hours of work that we carried out.

1. As mention on our phone call, we did not fit the front guard because your original was rubbing against the tire. Attached is a video that we took showing that.

2. I personally checked that the lock works, and the back seat did open when we tried. You can easily undo the lock up taking of the 4 screws from your image.

3. No tabs were broken off, what is the basis of this claim? We took a few millimeters off 4 individual tabs and everything fitted.

4. I mentioned to you over the phone, we spent 6 hours fitting the fairings and they do fit, it was up to you to line them up properly on your bike. We were not willing spent more than 6 hours given that compensation limit. You have simply sent me images of what we did, even though I mentioned to you that you need spend the time and line the fairings up with your bike.

5. The radiator hose and headlight are because the front sub frame is lined up to its lower limits, I would recommend you adjust that.

We have sent you 3 separate invoices and since have spend a lot of time on your order.
    You paid a total of $749 for a full kit of fairings. OEM fairings would cost $400-$600 per piece if you can get them at all. By any standard you got yourself a bargain. We have had multiple customer purchase the same exact kit from the same mold and all are satisfied.

By fitting your fairings for free to date, we did you a huge favor. Most workshops charge you an hourly rate of $40, it would have set you back atleast $200.
    "

1) What do yall reckon..before I pass my judgement - i've posted my previous emails to him up on here: Me saying I don't think they'll fit, can I have a refund, him saying no they fit, I'll prove it to you, we'll do them...

2) What's he going on about the front sub frame lining up? the radiator bolts on to the front sub frame does it not?, same as the front upper fairing and is not adjustable for height?

3) Where/what do I do from here?

Jono, any word from AJ yet?

:-S regretting going for the 'hey ill get it in nz, it'll be covered in case anything goes wrong' approach...

Bike
    1987 GPX 250
    If fairings take 6 hours to fit then there is something wrong...

Guy sounds like a tosser.

From their trademe ad
    We guarantee our fitting with little or no fitting adjustments
    Tui ad anyone?

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    6 HOURS?!
    Its a fricken Honda not a Ducati requiring one off bolts, Jesus.

Going by your pictures, this guy imports Chinese fairings, they also take the same amount of time to produce a custom set off a set of photos, and after some reading and picture viewing you have the exact same problems as the Chinese fairings

There is also alot of talk about the missing lugs and shit for the tail lights and so on.

Bike
    vfr400 NC30, SRX600 project
    Yeah I figure for small claims court I just need something from a bike shop saying that 6h work/ the work required to fit these fairings is not a 'little or no adjustment', and maybe something about what would be required to get these to fit etc. I have all his details, and a copy of all our emails...

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Quote Originally Posted by Icemaestro View Post
    Yeah I figure for small claims court I just need something from a bike shop saying that 6h work/ the work required to fit these fairings is not a 'little or no adjustment', and maybe something about what would be required to get these to fit etc. I have all his details, and a copy of all our emails...
    I would recommend going to your local shop and explaining the situation and get them to quote how long they think it would take to remove the fairings then completely replace the fairings, and maybe if they are nice enough ask them to remove and replace and see what they say about the fit. Then you have a rather good case, My money is on these guys are drop shippers, which is illegal

Bike
    Several
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMistake View Post
    My money is on these guys are drop shippers, which is illegal
    I had to google "Drop shippers".

Seems like quite a common practice. Pisses me off right and proper.
    Heinz Varieties

Thread Information