Page 114 of 249 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124164214 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 3725

Thread: VFR owners' thread, for VFRPS members and prospective members

Bike
    vfr400 NC30, SRX600 project
    Hey yall. Have the chance to buy a accident damaged VFR for pretty cheap.

What would you all say a vfr with low kms (around 35k), gravel rash on both sides, but all fairings oem and reasonably good condition cracks wise. I'm tempted to swap some of the bits to my bike and then sell the not as nice cosmetically one off. Hoping to get around 3, 3.2k for it...think this is do-able?

Also, if anyone has an oem nose cone they want to sell...pm me :-D

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Quote Originally Posted by Icemaestro View Post
    Hey yall. Have the chance to buy a accident damaged VFR for pretty cheap.

What would you all say a vfr with low kms (around 35k), gravel rash on both sides, but all fairings oem and reasonably good condition cracks wise. I'm tempted to swap some of the bits to my bike and then sell the not as nice cosmetically one off. Hoping to get around 3, 3.2k for it...think this is do-able?

Also, if anyone has an oem nose cone they want to sell...pm me :-D
    Geez I need fairings, Nose cone, both upper quarters and belly pan, Tail is fine though a guy on the 400greybike forum brought some chinese RVF fairings from a recommended seller, they look pretty good, im just waiting to see photos of them on his bike to see if they are true fit.

Bike
    whats the link to that? I'm still waiting on mr raceevolution - he's wanting to talk to AJ to confirm his assessment before taking it further (after I threatened small claims:-P after he hadn't replied for 2 weeks!)

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    http://www.400greybike.com/forum/vie...27739&start=10

Go from page 2 onwards youll get the gist.

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Added the air today when I finished work, and gave it a good huss home,
    Seemed to feel much better in the corners, wasnt going wide and it didnt feel like I had to fight it to dip in.
    Even dragged my knee in a mid road skirmish with a boy racer...

Bike
    1987 GPX 250

Bike
    Too many to count
    Quote Originally Posted by DrunkenMistake View Post
    Does anyone have a spare speedo cable, Newer the better I guess,
    For a 91 VFR 400 NC30,
    Mine snapped yesterday when I left work in the snow.
    Looked on bits4bikes.co.nz and their next delivery is on the 8th of next month and I would like way long before that.
    Cheers
    when mine went I used robinson instruments in onehunga to make me a new one

I have 30 in the back and 23 in the front, clearly too low.
    waaaay under

Quote Originally Posted by PirateJafa View Post
    Waaay too low, tuddy. I used to find 33 front and rear was my sweet spot (55kg), though with a pillion I'd leave the front at 33 and bump the rear up to 36-38 (recommend 33/38 respectively for you).
    A little over?

if we call a 100kg rider a jap+pillion equivalent, Honda reckons 225/250kPa (33/36 PSI)

I'm 70Kg and find 32/33 to work well (NC35 though)

Bike
    Too many to count

Does anyone have a set of carbs? Fuel tap? (NC30)

One of the apprentices at work bought a 15,000km NC30 unseen for $3000.

the seller even rode it to his house......

but we can't start the bike.....

long story short the bike has clearly got more than 15k under it's belt, plus performance piper and exhaust. Took it to AJ to see what he could do and my-oh-my the cunt of a seller must have unloaded the bike from a trailer and ridden it up the driveway on fumes.

The fuel tap is stuffed, plastic handle missing too.

The air filter was filthy.

The trumpets are missing

The aluminium casting that holds the carburetor block together (and has the airbox on top) has had countless 5mm holes drilled into it. even the little divider ribs are ground out.

Aj started the bike and the fucking thing went beserk revving all over the place - idle, choke and throttle do fuck all - it's got a mind of it's own shoot yellow and blue flames out the rear!

So, the bike is clearly an ex-racebike run in dusty conditions with no airfilter whatsoever and probably HRC trumpets. An owner probably lost the trumpets and used all of three screws to fit the airbox to sell it. We can't trust the carb linkages are set right nor what the jets are set to so not really worth the effort....

The engine is probably knackered, but the current plan is to buy a new unmolested set of carbs and fuel tap and hopefully get a running bike out of it...

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post

long story short the bike has clearly got more than 15k under it's belt, plus performance piper and exhaust. Took it to AJ to see what he could do and my-oh-my the cunt of a seller must have unloaded the bike from a trailer and ridden it up the driveway on fumes.

The trumpets are missing

The aluminium casting that holds the carburetor block together (and has the airbox on top) has had countless 5mm holes drilled into it. even the little divider ribs are ground out.

Aj started the bike and the fucking thing went beserk revving all over the place - idle, choke and throttle do fuck all - it's got a mind of it's own shoot yellow and blue flames out the rear!

So, the bike is clearly an ex-racebike run in dusty conditions with no airfilter whatsoever and probably HRC trumpets. An owner probably lost the trumpets and used all of three screws to fit the airbox to sell it. We can't trust the carb linkages are set right nor what the jets are set to so not really worth the effort....

The engine is probably knackered, but the current plan is to buy a new unmolested set of carbs and fuel tap and hopefully get a running bike out of it...
    Sounds like they tried to replicate the HRC Carb set up, unless it has a air scoop tray then it may be the legit carbs, doesnt sound like it though.

Bike
    VFR400 NC30 "Silver Surfer"
    Nice link, sil3nt, very good reading.

I run my tires at 33/33 and it seems fine. Dropped it back to 30/30 on the track as suggested and had no problems corner, bike felt very stable and well planted.

Again, not that I have anything to compare it with

Bike
    Did you ask AJ? He has many sets of nc30 carbs sitting in his workshop there...fuel tap wise - I have some bits left from a fuel tap repair kit I bought from the UK if that helps? which bike on trademe was it?

Bike
    rego on hold nick smith special
    Blog Entries
    Does anyone have a spare speedo cable, Newer the better I guess,
    For a 91 VFR 400 NC30,
    Mine snapped yesterday when I left work in the snow.
    Looked on bits4bikes.co.nz and their next delivery is on the 8th of next month and I would like way long before that.
    Cheers
    Yes pretty sure I have a RVF speedo cable and it should be same.
    ...Full throttle till you see god, then brake.

Bike
    rego on hold nick smith special
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by motorbyclist View Post

The trumpets are missing

You should know k's don't mean shit!
    ...Full throttle till you see god, then brake.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    I have a set of trumpets you can have. I am not sure what they are: they look after market-ish to me. I also (I think) have a stock airbox you can have.

slide me a tenner to cover the post and your address. sing out if you want a photo first: can do.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Quote Originally Posted by racefactory View Post
    Yes pretty sure I have a RVF speedo cable and it should be same.
    Managed to track one down and a painful price, but its in and going now haha,

---

So today I got busy on the bike, I need new fairings and im trying to find the easiest Method of doing it, I have been giving some ABS glue and have been repairing the current panels and body work so I can have them prepped and painted as its going to be the easiest way, seeming as there dont seem to be many credible sellers of painted after market fairings.
    So I took to doing that today, done a fair bit and it seems to have come out pretty well, I also installed my new speedo cable which was easier than I had thought, and its working, so no issues,
    Also tweeked some of my accent lights I had put in, one of my cables had melted on the motor a little, so I replaced the cable and have clipped it to the inside of the frame, hopefully it will solve that.
    Pretty productive day, and nothing seemed to go wrong for once haha

Thread Information