Page 104 of 249 FirstFirst ... 45494102103104105106114154204 ... LastLast
Results 1,546 to 1,560 of 3727

Thread: VFR owners' thread, for VFRPS members and prospective members

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Quote Originally Posted by koba View Post
    I had to google "Drop shippers".

Seems like quite a common practice. Pisses me off right and proper.
    If you can prove it then you have them by the balls, Trademe also states it on their terms and conditions that your not allowed to,

It bugs me more when people like Race Evo class their product as "NZ Made" when its just slit eyed bullshit.
    I Emailed an Ebay seller last night as im considering taking a risk with cheap fairings, I have herd if you go with a top seller then you should be right, I only need a tail peice and belly pan as im getting a Suzuka front cowl. And basicly what he emailed back to me was word for word to whats on Race Evos site. He also said if you send him a picture he can replicate the scheme etc.

Bike
    vfr400 NC30, SRX600 project
    drop shipping is only illegal on trademe though yeah? Cause I ordered through the website... Was thinking of taking it to AJ in motohous again, he was pretty good with his advice etc last time I was there, or should I go to any old bike shop?

I've got a slip on the side of the box that say they came straight from china...

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Quote Originally Posted by Icemaestro View Post
    drop shipping is only illegal on trademe though yeah? Cause I ordered through the website... Was thinking of taking it to AJ in motohous again, he was pretty good with his advice etc last time I was there, or should I go to any old bike shop?

I've got a slip on the side of the box that say they came straight from china...
    Im not sure if it is JUST trademe, look into it some more, and maybe go to someone you can trust or have had good experience with, So I would say AJ.
    They used to have on their site "100% NZ made" they have removed that wording.. did they email you to say anything about them personally making the fairings etc? I would just ask for a full refund first, if they say no then take them to small claims

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Just read one of their Auction pieces and according to whoever sells on their trademe (im assuming its all the one person) they are moving to Dunedin, if so I may ask for a test fit..

Bike
    I asked for a full refund after first receiving the fairings - when I tried to fit them and had issues with them matching each other. This led to him saying that he believed they fit and that he would fit them for a fee. He then proceeded to do the job in the above pictures, and I have asked for a refund again, to which you see the above email. So yeah. I think it's small court time. No nothing about being made in NZ on mine, however I did just find the invoice from the chinese manufacturer with how much they cost in USD :-P want to know the cost he paid for a custom painted kit?:-P made my eyes boggle (when compared to how much he charges)...

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    I asked for a full refund after first receiving the fairings - when I tried to fit them and had issues with them matching each other. This led to him saying that he believed they fit and that he would fit them for a fee. He then proceeded to do the job in the above pictures, and I have asked for a refund again, to which you see the above email. So yeah. I think it's small court time. No nothing about being made in NZ on mine, however I did just find the invoice from the chinese manufacturer with how much they cost in USD :-P want to know the cost he paid for a custom painted kit?:-P made my eyes boggle (when compared to how much he charges)...
    Going by the chink I emailed I believe it is $20 USD for a custom paint job, and $10 USD for painted fairings or something like this.

Bike
    yeah..total he charges = 948$ NZD. Total cost from factory = 236$USD..292nzd delivered...

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    yeah..total he charges = 948$ NZD. Total cost from factory = 236$USD..292nzd delivered...
    welcome to 70% mark up.

Bike
    Lol where did you go to school? 236 x 4 = 944$....I believe 300% mark up then?

Bike
    a shiny new(ish) one
    Lol where did you go to school? 236 x 4 = 944$....I believe 300% mark up then?
    DM cant count. or read - he just looks at the pictures.

been reading of your woes, and youve done everything right, you were supplied a substandard kit, then gave him the opportunity to remedy it, which he has not.
    as an aside, I did think your last email to him was perhaps a bit strongly worded, but his latest reply is saying in one sentence 'I have now fitted them for you', and then said 'you have to line them up your self' - but the issue was that they did not line up, so what was the point of him going anywhere near the damn things then if he had no intention of correcting the issue.

On top of that, it isnt just the actual fitting and lining up either is it, there are other problems, such as runs in the paint, and warped pieces such as around the tail section that arent even straight.

I used to own my own business, and did quite a few bike repairs, and from personal experience, the amount you have paid for the whole kit is only a couple dollars more than single OEM panels for many bikes. the last individual panels I bought for bikes were $606.50, $803.00 and $645.00. I think the old saying is that if it looks to good to be true, then it probably is, While you were gauranteed a good good product, and have a right to be pissed at the seller for not fulfilling their gaurantee, some personal responsibility needs to be taken for trying to take the cheap option. Pricing on cheap items is usually cheap for a reason.

Either way I hope you reach a happy resolution, good luck.

Bike
    VFR400 NC30 "Silver Surfer"
    Tigertim - I hear you about the whole 'if it looks too good to be true', but then again, with automotive spares, there is a lot of leeway to produce good quality aftermarket pattern parts in most cases. Looking at this from another direction is that the chinese fairings that we were warned away from on 400GB and other forums were around $400 when I looked at them, so I was assuming something higher quality, or at least better quality assurance once it hit the country.

Icemaestro - Went and saw the bike mostly fitted up yesterday. The original rear tail pieces are a bit of a write-off as they're just crumbling. The tail fitted up ok but there were slight paint faults at the edges of the panels as well as the rear tail light brackets missing and the tail light holes being very poor. AJ has said that this particular fairing has mounted up better and looks better than most he has seen, so I think I'm just going to run with it for the moment. He is finding me a black tail mid-piece to mate up and see how that looks, because mine is quite ratty and has a broken tab anyway. The other issue noted was that the holes in the fairing around the screen are bigger than stock while the replacement screen was smaller than usual, so that's getting sorted. Check what he has done to mount to the front engine backets. AJ is going to shave some of the original bracket off and mount it in place using just the bolt rather than the bushing because the tab isn't long enough.

All in all, fun and games. I just want it over with now. Might consider trying to get some money back out of him for AJs time and to reflect that I might as well have just bought em straight from china.

Bike
    Street Triple R
    I am interested to try my VFR with the stock airbox snorkel arrangement in place.

anyone got one they want to sell?

mine just has the replacement air filter, and a square slot in the front of the 'box to let the air in.

It has a slight hesitation as it goes through 10-12k rpm, so interested to see if it will smooth it out.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    2004 SV1K
    Quote Originally Posted by tigertim20 View Post
    DM cant count. or read - he just looks at the pictures.
    Hes really not kidding..

Bike
    Street Triple R
    I have sourced a Mr Snorkel to try.
    I thought elections were decided by angry posts on social media. - F5 Dave

Bike
    Sweet, should be good, at 10-12k having the snorkel on should limit the air flow a bit yeah? stop it from running quite so lean? That made a world of difference when I put it on mine, same with RF (though his was the improvement in the lower range more)

Thread Information