Page 12 of 215 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112 ... LastLast

Thread: The DR650 thread

Bike
    Orange ones! (and a few others...)
    Quote Originally Posted by GaZBur View Post
    AAAhhhhh but for how long will it stay pretty white then??? Its not an adventure bike till its covered in mud or dust or s%#t!
    So what plans have you to rectify the matter - DR honour is at stake!!!
    Having spent last night chipping crap off mine, I can only agree with the sentiments.

Shit, thats the second time I've agreed with you this century......mouthwash!!!!

Bike
    2009 Suzuki DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by twotyred View Post
    looks very nice!. Also like the change to white sidepanels to match the tank
    No ... it came with white side panels. Thats why I decided to go with a white tank. I know it's always going to look dirty .. after a while ... but I like the look of it.
    I got the shorter side stand from the USA, and installed it the morning I left for Tauranga. It made a big difference, as Planet Honda had just lowered the front suspension for me, to match the rear, and it now fits me about perfect.

I have my GPS installed as well. On the way to Tauranga, I stopped in at Cycletreads in Takapuna and got a BlueAnt Bluetooth Interphone headset put into my helmet. That was cool, but I couldn't get it loud enough to hear the voice instructions for turns on my way to Tauranga (fortunately ... I knew where I was going !). However, I have just had the headset modified to accept ear plugs (headphones), so will try out my "Plugs for Lugs" ear plugs/headphones. They will plug into the new socket and will then defeat and the speaker of the interphone headset. I'm sure that will work out perfectly for me. I wil try it out this weekend if I get a chance.
    When I was trying out a set of foam ear plugs I while travelling to Tauranga, I couldn't hear well enough. I could hear the voice from the GPS, but only just. I tried setting the volume on maximum as per instructions, but it didn't seem to make any difference.

Bike
    1991 Suzuki DR650

DR650 new owner joined KB

Hi,

Bought a DR650 and found this thread so thought id say howdy. Going to read back through and digest what I can out of whats been posted so far.

Its an old one, 1991, from Rotovegas.

Owned several bikes in the past, all road bikes this is my first offroader. Not for street use.

Cheers.
    "Hmm, that sounds like a classic case of not my problem!"

Bike
    sj50

Gidday

[QUOTE=DrSlash;1509546]Hi,

Bought a DR650 and found this thread so thought id say howdy. Going to read back through and digest what I can out of whats been posted so far.

HI dude,
    I am in Hamilton as well and with a DR650. You will really enjoy the bike. Maybe catch up some time. Good on ya.

Bike
    1991 Suzuki DR650

Thumbs up

[QUOTE=Kaituna;1509563]
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSlash View Post
    Hi,

HI dude,
    I am in Hamilton as well and with a DR650. You will really enjoy the bike. Maybe catch up some time. Good on ya.
    Cool man sounds all good. Lots of reading ahead for me I recon!!

Cheers.

Bike
    2006 Suzuki DR650 & FZR1000 race bike
    Hi,

Its an old one, 1991, from Rotovegas.

Owned several bikes in the past, all road bikes this is my first offroader. Not for street use.

Cheers.
    You should check out NordieBoys thread in this section too if you want info on DR's. Read back a bit as he and others swap heaps of good info on jetting, mods and gearing etc, they also heavy into the adventure stuff as well. I got a load of good info there after I bought mine.

Bike
    1991 Suzuki DR650
    Quote Originally Posted by GaZBur View Post
    You should check out NordieBoys thread in this section too if you want info on DR's. Read back a bit as he and others swap heaps of good info on jetting, mods and gearing etc, they also heavy into the adventure stuff as well. I got a load of good info there after I bought mine.
    Yeah for sure I saw NordieBoys featured heavily with the DR, its too much to take in at the moment without the bike to look at and go aha etc so when its in the garage tomorrow Ill read through. See what ive actually got setup wise.

Cheers.

Bike
    05 450 EXC, 990 S
    Yeah for sure I saw NordieBoys featured heavily with the DR, its too much to take in at the moment without the bike to look at and go aha etc so when its in the garage tomorrow Ill read through. See what ive actually got setup wise.

Cheers.
    Welcome to the site.

Word of warning though (you may already know this though) - the DR650 changed significantly in 1996 in that there was a ground up redesign. The pre 96 bikes are quite different and you may find that much of the discussion on here is not relevant to your bike. Sorry to be a bearer of bad news. The Yahoo DR650 group often talks about the pre 96 bikes so have a look over there.

Cheers R
    "The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools." - Herbert Spencer, English Philosopher (1820-1903)

Bike
    1991 Suzuki DR650
    Hi,

Cheers for the heads up, I was having a read and naively assumed no majors changed (from what I read on the web) but thats cool, im just stoked to have it. (I only paid $1100)

So yeah got it in the garage now def needs service work, I.e all cables need lubing, oil filter, chain carb clean, filter clean etc.

Is there a link to the pre 1996 manual somewhere?

I found a Mikuni setup pdf I can share if ppl dont already have that.

Cheers.

Bike
    black and blue
    Quote Originally Posted by cooneyr View Post
    Welcome to the site.

Word of warning though (you may already know this though) - the DR650 changed significantly in 1996 in that there was a ground up redesign. The pre 96 bikes are quite different and you may find that much of the discussion on here is not relevant to your bike. Sorry to be a bearer of bad news. The Yahoo DR650 group often talks about the pre 96 bikes so have a look over there.

Cheers R
    Theres also quite a long thread over at ADVrider for pre '96 dr650s'...

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61568
    "In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way."
    Franklin D. Roosevelt

Bike
    1991 Suzuki DR650
    Cool thanks for that Ill mooch through that thread tonight over dinner.

Got the manual from Nordie thanks alot! so sorted now for that.

Spent an hour stripping it down to frame wheels and motor etc. Going to nix anything not related to it running as I wont need lights or battery etc.

Pricing some parts up from Boyd Suzuki today.

Cheers.

Bike
    2001 R1150GS
    Cool thanks for that Ill mooch through that thread tonight over dinner.

Got the manual from Nordie thanks alot! so sorted now for that.

Spent an hour stripping it down to frame wheels and motor etc. Going to nix anything not related to it running as I wont need lights or battery etc.

Pricing some parts up from Boyd Suzuki today.

Cheers.
    Boyd suzuki, kinda sounds weird dont it

Bike
    1991 Suzuki DR650
    I know, when my fellow biking mate said it, I said dont you mean Boyd Honda?

They done good prices and are really helpful so thats all

Cheers.

Bike
    various

DR carb

Just wanting to find out if anybody has tried a TM40 Mikuni carb or similar on there DR . Just looking for a bit more out of the big fat slug and have had good results in the past with differant carbs on other bikes , yes I know there will be a lot of set up required but if someone else has already done it they may have some useful info .
    THE GREATEST ACHIEVEMENTS ARE FOUND OUTSIDE OUR COMFORT ZONE

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    FCR39 is in development by mx_rob on ThumperTalk and he should have some dyno info in the next few days.
    TM40 is on sale from ProCycle? in the states set up for the DR.

Thread Information