Page 15 of 215 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565115 ... LastLast

Thread: The DR650 thread

Bike
    No longer Motarded
    I was quite impressed with some of the bikes that you had left behind you Gaz.
    You looked way faster on your new wheels, bring on the next meeting at the go cart track eh?
    I had a lot of fun, but had some major fogging issues in my helmet.
    it was that bad that i had to take the loop with one hand so i could clear my visor, which was quite scary considering i was doin 260+ down the straight with little visability.
    I got down to a 1:10 so i was happy enough.
    A new visor has been ordered now though.
    Bring on the weekend

Bike
    2006 Suzuki DR650 & FZR1000 race bike
    OK I may be a little jealous about your CBR's top speed at Teretonga but you will be on the Yam at the Kart track. The new tyres will be a big help in assisting me to swerve around you when you fall off in front of me again, or don't you intend to do that next time.
    Do you have gearing sorted for Levels next month or will you take the big bike? Hopefully Scott will have his gearbox back together for that and there should be heaps of Canterbury motard bikes there.(19th July Levels)

Why are there not more DR650 owners racing Motard? Its not difficult and heaps of fun!

Bike
    No longer Motarded
    haha very funny, yeah hopefully it wont be raining so then my slicks will actually work ay?
    Yeah i could be keen for levels, is it a race day or just have a go?
    I heard from scott, he had to get parts ex Japan, so thats why he couldnt make it in the weekend, i would say he would go to levels as well.
    Im not sure why there isnt many 650's, just not as popular maybe? Yet anyway
    Bring on the weekend

Bike
    Levels is the first round of the Canterbury Winter series you can check the dates for South Island events here -http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/sh...ad.php?t=71806
    so there is the final round at Teretonga before the first round at Levels.

I know there are a lot of DR's in Canterbury so - come on guys - I need some help keeping the KTM riders's honest!

Bike
    No longer Motarded
    Yeah the levels series looks pretty good and i have got most of the dates free at the moment, i wont take the WR to teretonga tho, just too hard on it, but levels should be fun
    Bring on the weekend

Bike
    In case anyone wondered why I didn't say how the DR went at Rnd 3 of the Teretonga winter series its coz we didnt go. There was an ice and snow warning and ban on towing vehicles on Saturday afternoon so we thought better not travel down.
    Also was told by people who know that if the track temp doesnt get above 5 degrees the tyres just wont warm up properly and getting traction is a bit difficult.
    So - next week (19th July) its the first round of the Canterbury winter series at Levels Timaru. A much better track for motard bikes!
    Hope to see some Canterbury DR's there. Anyone from there race thier DR?
    Does anyone have problems with the choke jamming? I will check mine out this morning but expect it is just the cable.

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    My choke cracked up in the metal elbow by the lever and let water get in
    I changed to a DR350 plunger type choke from Kientech for about $15

Bike
    Thanks Nordie. I think I will follow your lead there and also look at one of those rather nice looking stainless header pipes.
    http://www.kientech.com/DR650ProdList.htm
    I pulled the cable end out and oiled it all to hell but its still as stiff as a jammed up stiff thing.

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Go for the budget stainless one

Bike
    Sitting at the computer looking at the crap weather report for this weekend. Got a new knobbly for the rear of the DR to do the Gravel Sprint on Sunday. Its at Milners Pit. Pit means big hole in the ground that I bet right now has about 20ft of water in it. Might nip out and put the snorkel back on the air box.
    Had a ball on the DR at the first round of the Levels Winter Road Race series last week despite being soaked. Put a race report on it here if you are interested.

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Take a spare snorkle for yerself as well mate

Well, off to do the Dry Weather Road, Maruia, Braeburn, Porika etc...

Bike
    Husqvarna 701E - WR250F - Can Am 500
    Quote Originally Posted by GaZBur View Post
    Sitting at the computer looking at the crap weather report for this weekend. Got a new knobbly for the rear of the DR to do the Gravel Sprint on Sunday. Its at Milners Pit. Pit means big hole in the ground that I bet right now has about 20ft of water in it. Might nip out and put the snorkel back on the air box.
    Had a ball on the DR at the first round of the Levels Winter Road Race series last week despite being soaked. Put a race report on it here if you are interested.
    Sitting at my computer looking out the window at the CRAP WEATHER and wishing for a fine weekend. Would have loved to have done CLINT640s MMMMM ride this weekend but are too soft to be out in weather like this for 2 days. Roll on summer !!!!!!!
    Here for a good time, not necessarily a long time

Bike
    black and blue

'03 dr650

Finally bit the bullet and picked up this NZ new '03 DR with 5500k's on it,in very nice cond.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dr650 003a.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	269.1 KB 
ID:	101598  
    "In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way."
    Franklin D. Roosevelt

Bike
    FransAlp 700
    Quote Originally Posted by twotyred View Post
    Finally bit the bullet and picked up this NZ new '03 DR with 5500k's on it,in very nice cond.
    Excellent.

Started modding yet?

Bike
    black and blue
    Quote Originally Posted by NordieBoy View Post
    Excellent.

Started modding yet?
    lol,not yet but the planning has begun.

The PO put bar risers and 14t cs so no excuse to keep it stock now! he also put new MT21's on to do the CCA (part of the bike can be seen in the pic on page 160 of July KR, famous!)
    Probably a bashplate first...
    "In politics, nothing happens by accident. If it happens, you can bet it was planned that way."
    Franklin D. Roosevelt

Thread Information