Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: So The Mini Returns...

Bike
    78 CBX 750 Outfit, Yamaha 1400 Custom

no not for the mini

Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    But not an overnighter for the Mini. I shall have to watch that movie again...

Thank you.
    but it was a catch up point for the riders - we had a meal together and in the morning picked up flags at the octogon and had a fast blast to the invercargill cemtery gates - then on to the Eagle Club rooms for lunch

Overnite stops were not relevent to movie but flag stop checkpoints were all significant parts in the movie, Fort St Ak where the two men met, Pokeno where they first stole gas, etc. The same cps will be use more or less
    If you say either "I can" or "I can't" your correct.

Bike
    DL650
    JANTAR!! i will finally get to meet the guy who introduced me to this site and the others who know me can slap ya
    Go on, click on the pic for larger version!

Bike
    None any more
    A 966km first day, by my calculations, and almost 600 for day two.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    02' ZX6R
    Has anyone already done the maths and have a guesstimate figure on the cost of this event?? Eg adding accomodation and gas and ferry costs maybe food it time.
    Need something to do when not riding??? Come and learn to dance with us at www.cerocstars.co.nz

Bike
    2017 Suzuki Dl1000
    Quote Originally Posted by elle33f View Post
    JANTAR!! i will finally get to meet the guy who introduced me to this site and the others who know me can slap ya
    So I guess that you are entering as well, elle. Great news.

Be careful of the slaps though, I may just right back.
    Time to ride

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by Freakshow View Post
    Has anyone already done the maths and have a guesstimate figure on the cost of this event?? Eg adding accomodation and gas and ferry costs maybe food it time.
    You can work this out yourself using publicly available information and an estimate for the price of petrol in March 2008. Total distance for the event itself is about 2,700km. You will need to at least double this to allow for getting yourself to the start and home again. Don't forget the cost of entry, and you probably need to hurry to get registered, as this is a restricted numbers gig.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    18 Street Triple RS, 18 Aprilia Tuono RR
    Just watched the movie......entry fee not a problem but I don't know if I could afford the bag of dope!

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSF1200S

What's it gonna cost

If the Southern Cross is anything to go by, and this is a simaliar time and distance. When you factor in tyres and bike services. You are looking at around $2000. Depending on how hungry your bike is (who knows what petrol will cost then) and how flash you want your accomodation to be. A ferry trip is about $200 return for bike and rider. But I hear they have put their prices up too.

Bike
    02' ZX6R
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bandito View Post
    If the Southern Cross is anything to go by, and this is a simaliar time and distance. When you factor in tyres and bike services. You are looking at around $2000. Depending on how hungry your bike is (who knows what petrol will cost then) and how flash you want your accomodation to be. A ferry trip is about $200 return for bike and rider. But I hear they have put their prices up too.
    Thanks BB,

That was all I was after a round figure! and its about what I was guessing. Definalty interested in something like this but booking ahead to next week is a challenge let alone next year.

Cheers
    Need something to do when not riding??? Come and learn to dance with us at www.cerocstars.co.nz

Bike
    2006 Suzuki GSF1200S
    No worries.
    With a bit of luck we will see you there. I, along with a few others already have an entry in. If other Rusty Nut evnts are anything to go by it should be a goodin.

Bike
    Concours 14, S10
    Thanks BB,

That was all I was after a round figure! and its about what I was guessing. Definalty interested in something like this but booking ahead to next week is a challenge let alone next year.

Cheers
    It's been 10 years since the last one - probably easier to plan for next year's one than wait another 10 years...

BTW: Did 6,300km on Southern Cross (and tiki-touring) for about $590 in fuel. Anyone got any predictions for gas prices in 2008?

Bike
    78 CBX 750 Outfit, Yamaha 1400 Custom

shaping up well

to have the feeling of the legendary PP 98 run with 12 of the original riders in so far and 12 more on the way.

I will be sending out details of venues shortly- just awaiting the last confirmations.

Looking good the open to all riders section is filling well, just from this site and advertising about to hit the magazines next month.

KR guys have a head start.
    If you say either "I can" or "I can't" your correct.

Bike
    Concours 14, S10
    Just got confirmation of my entry - can't wait, really looking like a good ride. The Blue Bandito has even gone and started booking accomodation. Need to sort Ferry tickets next and maybe put my leave app in.

Bike
    None any more
    Quote Originally Posted by banditrider View Post
    Just got confirmation of my entry
    Ditto for the Hitchers. Booking ferries and accommodation is the next task.

I've measured the route as follows (all distances to the nearest km):

Day 1: 966km
    Day 2: 593km (to the Ferry terminal)
    Day 3: 197km
    Day 4: 768km

Interestingly the North Island leg is exactly the same length as Day 1 (give or take a whisker), which shows what a decent lump of real estate that South Island is!

Bike
    Concours 14, S10
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    Ditto for the Hitchers. Booking ferries and accommodation is the next task.

I've measured the route as follows (all distances to the nearest km):

Day 1: 966km
    Day 2: 593km (to the Ferry terminal)
    Day 3: 197km
    Day 4: 768km

Interestingly the North Island leg is exactly the same length as Day 1 (give or take a whisker), which shows what a decent lump of real estate that South Island is!
    Good to see we're not the only nutters getting revved up about it already. We're thinking of coming back to Palmy on Day 2 & having a day off before doing the Northern leg. Be nice to sleep in own bed and drop off some crap.

Yep, any excuse to get down south...will probably take 2 or 3 days to crusie down before the start so we can enjoy the mainland for a bit.

Thread Information