Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Charged with dangerous driving. What's going to happen?

Bike
    Il4 and Vtwin
    Quote Originally Posted by skidMark View Post
    approaching a set of traffic lights....

a white nissan sentra is infront of me.....

the traffic light has just gone green.... there is one straight ahead lane...and a right turn only lane..

infront of me gradually taking off from the lights is about 7 cars with a stagecoach remuera rider bus in the middle of the group.

the car driver in the white nissan sentra infront of me swerves hard around the group and goes foot to the floor up the right turning only lane....which i had moved to the right as i was going to turn right down that road....he swerved across infront of me..... and buried it up to about 90-100kph....then did not turn right instead he went straight through and swerved back into traffic....

i stupidly trying to do the right thing and get his rego, and see what the driver looked like..... chased after him.....got behind him got rego...then started to pass him (in the lane as there were double yellows) he saw me coming up on his side and turned the wheel hard left to ram me....

this broke my footpeg and footpeg hanger off...

i hear oi pull over!!!! yelled form the driver...i did not pull over for about 200 metres as there was nowhere to stop due to parked cars on the side of the road.....the guy then overtook another car on the wrong side of the road that had pulled out between us and as i stopped he came past me and blocked me in (not like i was going to go anywhere...thats why i stopped.

some witnesses stopped

one a young maori guy no older than say 21 or 22?

and yelled abuse at me ....what the f**k is wrong with you etc etc.

yet the guy in the sentra as he pulled back in after his high speed overtake at the traffic lights, pulled infront of this young maori guy.

another older fella who as far as i can remember used to work at the building next to my old work and has always had it in for me, i said i recognise you....no you don't don't know you at all...he wantedm e screwed over.....

and another guy in a ute yelling abuse no idsea hwere he fitted in....

they refused to call the police.

and the driver of the sentra said you are paying for my car....all that was broken was a hubcap.....and a big black mark down the side of the car...possibly from my mirror they said....but my mirrors had come loose and folded in...so i suspect it was already there.... as his headlight and front indicator etc had damage...and i got nowhere near hitting that part of the car....

nho dents in car and black mark if from me would polish out...he says mate your fucked i am going to fuck you over for this, you can get the whole side of my car repainted. and my lights fixed etc......

i demanded that the cops come and i did not have a cellphone ...so after asking this about 10 times the abusive guy who i ddnt know where he fitted in...called the cops for me.

cops arrived....took all thier storys...

then the other cop took mine last without the younger officer there....by younger officer i am just using this as a description not as if to say he did not know what he was doing or anything like that. so we are clear....

i said i am the one who wanted you guys here they said hang on you didnt call he did...i said because i did not have a phone...they ddnt believe me. but the sentra driver said i infact did ask them to come....

after my statement is taken (what i wrote up top)

the young officer comes up filling out a form for vehicle impound....i asked if that was for my bike he said yes.... i said why..

he said i will explain shortly.....

next thing...young cop says:...you are under arrest and being charged with dangerous driving....
    i said have you read my statementi gave to the officer ...he said no i do not need to i replyed can you please read it as it explains what happens, he said: theres enough witnesses for the other guy i don't need to read yours....

and tow truck showed up took my bike...

and i went to central in the back of the police car.

now all the way through this i was ocmpletely cooperative and nice to them not rude whatesoever...

sorry it's such a long story but thats what happened in the absolute truth not bullshitting as i do not see a point in doing that.

Regards: SM
    You are going to need that "Lube and maybe knee pads" try doing some courses while your there, could help with your objective's on the employment scene. It's still gunna hurt tho "new boy on the block" if you get my drift.

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitcher View Post
    And based on that outstanding contribution to English literature, do you think you're guilty of dangerous driving? Serious question.

i see myself as not guilty as i was just trying to help and i wasnt fanging it to catch him was only in 2nd gear....

but i mean in reality what can i do when i have witnesses on his side that have grudges against me....

Bike
    2007 Hyosung GT250R
    And based on that outstanding contribution to English literature, do you think you're guilty of dangerous driving? Serious question.
    I would have to ask the same Question SM
    Are you guilty???????
    seriously think of this question and answer it seriously
    it maybe one chance you have to maybe get some respect from your fellow bikers if you can answer a serious question truthfully and honestly

Bike
    Triple Delight
    sorry it's such a long story but thats what happened in the absolute truth not bullshitting as i do not see a point in doing that.

Regards: SM
    Sorry to read you got into this situation matey! Mom is pleased to read that you are merely facing Dangerous driving charges, you could have been dead!!

Try to see this as another step forward*, as opposed to a step back ok!!

*another opportunity to think about responsibilities while not holding a license

Mom
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubb View Post
    Nonono,

He rides the Leprachhaun at the end of the Rainbow. Usually goes by the name Anne McMommus

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwifire72 View Post
    plus 3 others that are visiting hmmmm maybe its the Judge and the Police prosicutions sgt watching and taking notes
    that does not worry me whatsoever as i am telling the complete truth and the same as what is it my police statement.

i have no need to lie i'm telling it as it is.

ifi thought i was at fault at the time i would not have demanded police come when the other guy said he did not want cops and refused to call them.

Bike
    08 CRF250R
    isn't it good looking at the end of this thread and there is 22 of us watching, reading and god knows what else we doing or thinking in regards to SM
    plus 3 others that are visiting hmmmm maybe its the Judge and the Police prosicutions sgt watching and taking notes
    Wow! 24 now!

Bike
    2007 Hyosung GT250R
    IS what you did dangerous and in some ways stupid??????

Bike
    06 scrambler,xrl,
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Dave View Post
    With blood shot eyes
    And bleedin' hands
    I put my new suit
    In the cleaners again
    Took the first buss
    I didn't look back
    Lungs long blowin'
    Like a smoke stack
    Hair fallin' out
    As the wind blows through it
    My horse ran second
    Just like I knew it would
    Overflowin' ashtray
    Yay

And the Officer said
    Better get a lawyer son
    Better get a real good one
    Get yourself a suit and tie
    Get your hair cut way up high
    Get yourself a lawyer son

I got legs I can walk
    All the way down the dirt track
    I fell Down
    I got up
    I turned around then
    I walked back
    I walked to the sea
    I stood there, looked for a sign
    It took time
    But it came
    I added up and took
    What was mine

Better get a lawyer son
    Don't drop the soap
    Don't smoke no dope
    Get yourself a lawyer son
    Your gonna need a good one
    To getcha outa this one

Tex Perkins.
    Cruel Sea Rocks
    Oh yeah, SM guess it was one of those days aye?
    If your young, you are bound to have a heap more heading your way.

Bike
    None any more
    i see myself as not guilty as i was just trying to help and i wasnt fanging it to catch him was only in 2nd gear...
    Who, exactly, were you trying to "help"? You're not convincing the jury on my side of this monitor.
    "Standing on your mother's corpse you told me that you'd wait forever." [Bryan Adams: Summer of 69]

Bike
    Tojo and nothing. Damnit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indiana_Jones View Post
    I don't think you can get 'Diversion' for traffic offensives, which I think by the way arn't ciminal offences and don't affect overseas travel (or so the lawyer at the citizens advice bearu told me).
    I did, for careless driving. About 8 years ago.

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    IS what you did dangerous and in some ways stupid??????

yeah i guess it was but at the time it seemed justified...looking back it was stupid and i would not do it again.

the thing is the cop that charged me did not even read my statement he just did me for it....so i don't know.

Bike
    Honda CX500 "Shithawk"
    Whether or not the other witnesses had it in for you...
    ...it seems to me you had this coming.
    It would have happened one way or another eventually.

Can't say I care much.

Bike
    have to keep it in my gun safe.
    Mark maybe if you rode like a reasonably civilised human being instead of this wannabe Rossi, this wouldnt have happened. Settle down mate, may I suggest a slow bike if your zxr is sold to pay off fines, how about something like a gpx or something that you wont get yourself into trouble on. You have to admit you ride like a retard on p. You'll loose your license and most probably your bike due to the fact that youve got thousands of dollars of fines to your name already that your paying off at a chocolate bar a week. I would say that your chances of getting an exemption are slim due to the fact that you only got ur license back in June. I am not taking a dig at you, Im just saying maybe you should look at yourself as well in this situation.
    Never let your enemy see your emotions, for it is the one weapon they will value most.

Bike
    81 katana 650 fighter.
    Blog Entries
    Who, exactly, were you trying to "help"? You're not convincing the jury on my side of this monitor.

well there was no cop and i could see if the guy drives like this hes going to cause a massive accident...his occupation was a professional body builder....maybe hes on sterpoids or testosterone fuck i dunno

it was a silly thingt to do and i regret it.

Bike
    2007 Hyosung GT250R
    yeah i guess it was but at the time it seemed justified...looking back it was stupid and i would not do it again.

the thing is the cop that charged me did not even read my statement he just did me for it....so i don't know.
    ok well that is a start
    you have admited that was you did was stupidand that you would not do it again
    Now can you see where we are all coming from????????
    you are facing at worst time
    but most likey 6 to 12 months suspension and a reasonable fine 1k plus and court costs
    was it worth it???????
    go to court next week admit you have done wrong
    take what the judge gives you
    and be a man about it
    and BLOODY WELL LEARN from this Mark

Thread Information